Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I got 4020 notice, please share your genuine advice. Urgent

Due to negligence of Mara agent, I received 4020 notice from the Immigration dept. During E-lodgement of my student visa, he skipped giving an information about my partner refusal back in 2014. My partner joined me on 485 dependant and that time my migration agent declared about partner's refusal.

Currently, I have lodged 489 visa and I'm on bridging visa A of student visa application and C of 489.

Please advise whether i go with submitting reason and take it to the tribunal if still refused or should withdraw student visa application.

I am not sure, if i withdraw student visa explaining reason about negilgence. Will 4020 invitation still affect on my 489.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you get visa refusal, it could prevents you from applying to any other visa for 3 years. However, since they asked for your comment then you can answer them. If you believe you can convince them that your failure to inform the immigration about the past visa refusal was by mistake and was not intentional then go ahead. If you do not think you can do that then withdraw. To be 100% sure, ask a trusted migration agent.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Due to negligence of Mara agent, I received 4020 notice from the Immigration dept. During E-lodgement of my student visa.
1) You should have seen and signed off on the application before it was lodged and you are responsible for the application regardless of any mistakes the agent may have made.
2) If the agent was negligent , shouldn't they be sorting this out for you?
3) I hope you are lodging a formal complaint against the agent, if they were indeed negligent?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you get visa refusal, it could prevents you from applying to any other visa for 3 years. However, since they asked for your comment then you can answer them. If you believe you can convince them that your failure to inform the immigration about the past visa refusal was by mistake and was not intentional then go ahead. If you do not think you can do that then withdraw. To be 100% sure, ask a trusted migration agent.
If i withdraw student visa application. Will 4020 still affect my 489 application?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Due to negligence of Mara agent, I received 4020 notice from the Immigration dept. During E-lodgement of my student visa.
1) You should have seen and signed off on the application before it was lodged and you are responsible for the application regardless of any mistakes the agent may have made.
3) I hope you are lodging a formal complaint against the agent, if they were indeed negligent?
Agent has mentioned in the submission that it was his mistake and he is asking me to withdraw student visa application. If i withdraw , will that avoid 4020 impact on my 489 application.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Agent has mentioned in the submission that it was his mistake and he is asking me to withdraw student visa application. If i withdraw , will that avoid 4020 impact on my 489 application.
See it this way, if you do not withdraw and your visa been refused because of pic4020 then it will definitely affect your other visa. In fact it will prevents you from applying to most visas within 3 years. But if you withdraw your student visa and you make sure that all the information provided for the other visa correctly then you still have a good chance. The invitation to comment for pic 4020 does not mean you are guilty. It is simply they are suspecting that you are intentionally provided false information and they are requesting your comment to clarify. Since your agent is advising you to withdraw, then he thinks you have no chance to avoid the visa refusal and it is better fir you to withdraw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.