Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again!

I’ve submitted my Visitor Visa (600) application, and received an automatic email detailing the requirement to provide personal identifiers/biometrics.
I’m aware that this is required from any person applying from South Africa, but haven’t been able to find any info regarding the necessity for biometrics to be captured twice in a short time period.
Considering I’d just had this done for my PMV application at the beginning of March, I would’ve thought it wouldn’t be required again (in the same way that medicals are valid for a year).
If I have to get it done, so be it, but is this the norm?
I’m not sure if the email I’ve received now was just auto generated and perhaps I can get my previous biometrics linked to this new application?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi again!

I've submitted my Visitor Visa (600) application, and received an automatic email detailing the requirement to provide personal identifiers/biometrics.
I'm aware that this is required from any person applying from South Africa, but haven't been able to find any info regarding the necessity for biometrics to be captured twice in a short time period.
Considering I'd just had this done for my PMV application at the beginning of March, I would've thought it wouldn't be required again (in the same way that medicals are valid for a year).
If I have to get it done, so be it, but is this the norm?
I'm not sure if the email I've received now was just auto generated and perhaps I can get my previous biometrics linked to this new application?
Hi,

When I applied for a 2nd Visitor Visa in December, I enquired with the High Commission in Pretoria and was advised:

"Biometrics are required for every application lodged, this is a mandatory required and cannot be waived."

Unfortunately it's just an expectation from certain regions and we just have to comply.

For me it means 4 1/2 hr drive each way for a process that takes 5 minutes. I'll be doing that again in the next few weeks after submission of my PMV application. Sigh.

Good luck with your applications.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

When I applied for a 2nd Visitor Visa in December, I enquired with the High Commission in Pretoria and was advised:

"Biometrics are required for every application lodged, this is a mandatory required and cannot be waived."

Unfortunately it's just an expectation from certain regions and we just have to comply.

For me it means 4 1/2 hr drive each way for a process that takes 5 minutes. I'll be doing that again in the next few weeks after submission of my PMV application. Sigh.

Good luck with your applications.
Thank you for the response.
That's quite a drive!
It'll all be worth it once the visas are granted and we get to join our partners 🙂
All the best with your PMV application!

·
Registered
76 Posts
the applicant is required by law to provide personal identifiers in relation to each visa application he lodges within 14 days from the day of receiving the letter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.