Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner currently resides overseas, and I'm in Australia. We had originally planned to apply for a 309/100 offshore partner visa so that she can migrate to Aus.

As I'm her sponsor, I was going to submit the application on her behalf through the online portal. However I was recently told by a migration agent (wife's family friend) that the offshore application must be submitted from overseas i.e. I cannot submit it online from Aus.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I was of the impression that it doesn't matter where the application was submitted from, as long as my partner is overseas when I submit the offshore application.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
My partner currently resides overseas, and I'm in Australia. We had originally planned to apply for a 309/100 offshore partner visa so that she can migrate to Aus.

As I'm her sponsor, I was going to submit the application on her behalf through the online portal. However I was recently told by a migration agent (wife's family friend) that the offshore application must be submitted from overseas i.e. I cannot submit it online from Aus.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I was of the impression that it doesn't matter where the application was submitted from, as long as my partner is overseas when I submit the offshore application.
Probably best not take any more 'advice' from this "migration agent". Every time I take over an application that has been prepared by a "family friend" it is a total disaster.

I do applications for offshore applicants online every day and I am based in Australia.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My partner resides overseas with no good internet connection so I (Australian sponsor residing in Australia) helped him and submitted the PMV online! I didn't have any problem with that!

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Just to provide some additional background: DHA consider all internet applications to have been made in Australia, wherever the actual button is pressed. The regulations for the 309 say that an application, which is not an internet application, must be made offshore.

In either case, as you say, the applicant must be offshore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.