Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am living in Australia for past 2 years with my wife, and we have permanent residency.
My wife is due to have a baby by end of October this year :) and we are planning to have the baby overseas (India), because of carer needs.

The thing is if we plan so, I will have to apply for child visa 101 from offshore. This visa has a waiting period of 9-15 months. We won't have that much time.

Is there a way I can apply for onshore visa 802 after somehow bringing my child here, maybe pre-request approval from DIAB or some special entry visa?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Aj

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
If your child is born in Australia s/he will be an Australian citizen by birth.

Is there a way I can apply for onshore visa 802

Yes, if you can obtain a visitor visa without a ' no further stay' condition imposed.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
You can save yourself a lot of expense and hassle by having the child in Australia.

Reactions: wrussell

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi all,

I am living in Australia for past 2 years with my wife, and we have permanent residency.
My wife is due to have a baby by end of October this year :) and we are planning to have the baby overseas (India), because of carer needs.

The thing is if we plan so, I will have to apply for child visa 101 from offshore. This visa has a waiting period of 9-15 months. We won't have that much time.

Is there a way I can apply for onshore visa 802 after somehow bringing my child here, maybe pre-request approval from DIAB or some special entry visa?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Aj
If I were you I will have the baby in Australia .
You will save yourself from headache , and cost .
You can always fly back to India for the necessary care after the birth of the baby or you can bring a relative over for help.
I just a baby in Australia in December 2016. Trust me the process for paperwork was so much quicker especially her Australian passport .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.