Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please clarify the one year work experience for me? What does 20 hours a week for 12 of 24 months actually break down to? Is it a specific number of 20 hour weeks you have worked over a 24 month period or is it a specific number of hours worked over 24 months? Could someone please give me then numbers that immigration are looking for to prove work experience? Also how do they want you to prove or show your work experience on paper? What documents?
This is the only thing that is preventing me form being eleigable for residency at the moment and a little clarification would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to state that I'm a relief teacher and this affects me having regular 20 hour weeks. If I work a 20 hour week that means I worked 4 day that week (5 hours per day)....which isn't always the case.
If only the weeks in which I work 20 hours are counted towards experience I may not have enough because there are lots of weeks where I only get 15 hours (three days). But if its just a specific number of hours that I need I'm sure I'll have enough experience because I have been relief teaching for nearly two years now.
So the way the immigration office calculates work experience may really affect my residency application.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Welcome to the forum Stretch and if you're referring to
" To meet the recent work experience requirement, you must demonstrate that you have been employed:

in an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
for at least 20 hours a week
in a paid position
for at least 12 of the 24 months immediately before lodging your visa application. "
As in the Recent Work requirement specification for skilled visas,

There'd no requirement to have worked for the full 24 months and if you have had just 12 months work within the previous 24, you'll satisfy it.

And seeing as 4 weeks annual leave is pretty much standard, a bit more for teachers, I'd reckon you would be OK in showing that you had been employed as a teacher for at least one school year and if that works out to somewhere about 42-44 weeks as long as you had verifying documentation I'd expect that you would be OK.

If in fact you've been employed over two full years, that'll be fine too.

If you cannot get out of the full two years you've worked, one year of weeks with 20 hrs/week, but can show that you've been averaging 20 hrs/week, that could be acceptable but it's the sort of nitty gritty question to run past immigration along with checking their acceptance of how many weeks are in a 12 month period for teachers, given leave.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.