Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I submitted my application Feb 04/2018 for my wife and two children for Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801)

We have front loaded medicals and police checks.

I have started to become concerned that my wife's health condition(colitis)
will be a problem as she takes some expensive meds.

she is currently in clinical remission and very healthy but I do know that the meds she takes will cause an issue.

A) does anybody have any previous experience with this medical condition and how did it affect your application?

B) is her condition an automatic refusal for Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801) based on cost of meds?

From the research I have done it does not look promising.

I have invested so much time, money and emotion into this application and very much want to bring my family back to Australia and am getting very nervous.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
From what you have posted, you have a serious issue.

Decisions on whether an applicant meets the health criteria are made by a MOC (Medical Officer of the Commonwealth) and must be accepted by ministerial delegates (case officers) and other parties.

The rule is:
If one applicant fails to satisfy the applicable health criterion and is refused a visa, then all associated applicants are refused visas.

There is a health waiver available for the class of visa for which you have applied.

I suggest that you should consult a registered migration agent for advice about making submissions on the medical issue and a possible health waiver.

If you want me to have a look at your case, please go to my website: pinoyau.com and use the contact form.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
As Westly has posted above, you really should be speaking with a registered migration agent. If her medications are high cost, then it's quite likely she will fail the health criteria and would need to see if she can get a health waiver. But this should be planned upfront so that the health issue is dealt with thoroughly in the original application. Westly has offered to look at your case so I'd suggest you take him up on that offer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.