Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey can anyone help?

I'm looking for guidance with applying for financial hardship / form 1005.

I'm a UK Citizen currently on BVE while waiting for my 461 NZ partner visa to be processed. I applied in April 2018 when expected processing time was 11 months. It's now increased to 22 months and I'm still waiting for a case worker.

What evidence should I include to support my request for work rights?

With no savings, I am concerned about the amount of evidence/explanation I need to give to immigration. We survive solely on my partner's salary while our outgoings have increased (we moved to an apartment more suitable for post operative care and quality of life.) I have a property I rent out in the UK but the rental income doesn't currently cover my overseas debts. I recently had neurosurgery meaning my partner took time off work while I was in hospital. Although my surgery, MRI scans & rehab were fully covered by medicare, I have still incurred lots of prescription, GP & physio costs (I don't have all of the receipts but I'm sure I can get hold of them.)

I'm sure this question has been asked & answered heaps of times before, and I really appreciate you guys taking the time to read this.

·
Registered
774 Posts
List all of those things that you stated in your post on the 1005 form or in a stat dec. Also, create a budget form, showing all of your income and expenditures. That is what I did when I applied for work rights while on a BVC. I included some bills, as well as my children's student fees/uniform receipts, etc. I received work rights in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
List all of those things that you stated in your post on the 1005 form or in a stat dec. Also, create a budget form, showing all of your income and expenditures. That is what I did when I applied for work rights while on a BVC. I included some bills, as well as my children's student fees/uniform receipts, etc. I received work rights in 2 weeks.
Can I ask whether your right to work is lost when you go from 461 onto a Bridging visa when your 461 is in the process of being renewed? My 461 has another 8 months to go and I am in the process of putting the renewal application together. If the renewal process takes longer than 8 months I may need to go on a bridging visa and am concerned that I won't be able to work. I have two small children to support so it won't be great if i cannot work for several months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.