Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My father is a dual Australian UK citizen(he was born there and moved here as a kid) and I am wanting to apply for my citizenship - by descent with form 118, looking for a better life than the UK for my newborn.
Only problem, dad and I aren't on good terms, we do not talk but he has contact with my mother as they share my brother, but the chances of him just handing his passport over to me are slim to none.
This doesn't effect me being a citizen of descent, just my evidence of it!
Does anybody know how I can go about maybe getting his passport number (obviously I am aware of data protection but is there a niggle around this as his child?) or his Australian birth certificate?
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Frankie.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hello,

My father is a dual Australian UK citizen(he was born there and moved here as a kid) and I am wanting to apply for my citizenship - by descent with form 118, looking for a better life than the UK for my newborn.
Only problem, dad and I aren't on good terms, we do not talk but he has contact with my mother as they share my brother, but the chances of him just handing his passport over to me are slim to none.
This doesn't effect me being a citizen of descent, just my evidence of it!
Does anybody know how I can go about maybe getting his passport number (obviously I am aware of data protection but is there a niggle around this as his child?) or his Australian birth certificate?
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Frankie.
Hi there...

I applied for citizenship by descent last year & i have gotten mine...My father had died & i did everything by myself (getting his birth & death cert)...i was asked to provide a copy of my dad's passport even though i have given them my dad's birth & death cert...I did not have the passport which the number was written on my birth cert but had given them a copy of another passport accompanied by a statutory declaration...i am not sure about your case, but i think they might ask for the copy of your father's passport as an evidence...thanks

·
Registered
918 Posts
Under UK legislation, birth certificates are classed as 'public records', so therefore anyone can request a duplicate certificate to be produced but you must have all the information:

The person's full name (including any middle names)
The person's complete date of birth (year and month is not acceptable)
The father's full name
The mother's full name
The mother's maiden surname
The place of birth (town/city as a minimum)

I don't think you can obtain any information about the passport though if the person is alive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.