Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi every one!

I came to Australia with prospective Marriage Visa (sub300), but our ralationship finished now....

Can change from visa 300 Prospective Marriage Visa) to Student visa? Or any ideas that which help me can stay here?

If I can, I intend to study Age cared at Tafe, is it okay?

Does anybody here know any the same situation? Can you let me know what they did?

Thank you very much for your help!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I'm not aware of any reason you can't submit a visa application, however you will need to convince Immigration that you meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant criteria, i.e. you don't plan to stay in Australia indefinitely.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
As far as I know you can apply for a student visa onshore however you will need to demonstrate that you meet the requirements (have enough money, are a genuine student etc). Have you looked (or contacted a migration agent) to see if studying aged care will allow you to stay in Australia permanently?

Since you have not mentioned what your background is (career background and what skills you have) we do not know if there are any other visas that you may qualify for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not aware of any reason you can't submit a visa application, however you will need to convince Immigration that you meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant criteria, i.e. you don't plan to stay in Australia indefinitely.
Thanks for your answer!

But can I ask what you mean about: "don't plan to stay in Australia indefinitely"?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as I know you can apply for a student visa onshore however you will need to demonstrate that you meet the requirements (have enough money, are a genuine student etc). Have you looked (or contacted a migration agent) to see if studying aged care will allow you to stay in Australia permanently?

Since you have not mentioned what your background is (career background and what skills you have) we do not know if there are any other visas that you may qualify for.
Thank you for your answer!

I just check on the internet about that job, after I graduate from University I can apply permanent visa. I'll check on the list of Immigration.

I work on a hospitality (hotel and tourism) but I check about my job now is very difficult to get permanent visa!

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts

I just check on the internet about that job, after I graduate from University I can apply permanent visa. I'll check on the list of Immigration.

I work on a hospitality (hotel and tourism) but I check about my job now is very difficult to get permanent visa!
You mentioned earlier that it would be aged care at tafe. Tafe is not university. Last time I looked a tafe certificate in aged care could not get you a permanent Visa.

It can be possible to get PR in hospitality but depends on your experience. Those that are hotel night managers can find sponsorship alot easier than those that work during the day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You mentioned earlier that it would be aged care at tafe. Tafe is not university. Last time I looked a tafe certificate in aged care could not get you a permanent Visa.

It can be possible to get PR in hospitality but depends on your experience. Those that are hotel night managers can find sponsorship alot easier than those that work during the day.
Oh really? Sorry, I didn't know Tafe is not a University.

I just read Australia is short of human in Aged care and I think it'll be easier if I study it!

I read on the internet about student, they studied in hospitality but they can't find the job after graduate.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Oh really? Sorry, I didn't know Tafe is not a University.

I just read Australia is short of human in Aged care and I think it'll be easier if I study it!

I read on the internet about student, they studied in hospitality but they can't find the job after graduate.
Just because there is a shortage doesn't always mean it is on the skilled shortage list.

I just checked the skilled shortage list and the only occupation mentioning aged care is a "registered nurse (aged care)". To be a nurse you will need a bachelor degree in nursing which is a 3 year degree in nursing which at a guess would cost about $75,000 over 3 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just because there is a shortage doesn't always mean it is on the skilled shortage list.

I just checked the skilled shortage list and the only occupation mentioning aged care is a "registered nurse (aged care)". To be a nurse you will need a bachelor degree in nursing which is a 3 year degree in nursing which at a guess would cost about $75,000 over 3 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.