Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend is Canadian, and she is moving here to Australia on a Working Holiday Visa soon. What I want to know is whether or not she will absolutely need to have $5000 in her account to be let into the country. The reason I am asking, is because she will be living with me and my family, and we will be supporting her while she's here. Will she need the $5000 despite having financial support when she arrives?

I also know about needing funds for an onward ticket out of Australia. We will be providing the funds for that too. Does she actually need the $5000 to be let in?

Please answer, really need to know what will happen.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i can't really answer your question as to whether or not she will need the money, but i am currently on a WHV (subclass 462) and at no time was i asked to prove that i had $5,000. whether that was just luck on my part i don't know.

goodluck! sorry i couldn't help more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
nighstar maybe you can help me... totally off topic from this thread but i cant find my answers....

im us citizen coming to aus in july on a whv 462 like you. the email i received with my visa grant number, is that all ill need to provide to the airline and immigration to get into australia (beside the insurance and 5000 etc) i just wanna make sure i dont have to do anything else in regards to the visa. also, can you recommend any good website to get insurance from for my stay in australia?

·
Registered
112 Posts
@nj8199

for a WHV 462 insurance is only a recommendation, not a requirement. i don't have any and have never been told that i needed it. if you do want to get insurance, however, it doesn't need to be from an aussie company; it can be with your current insurance company in America if they offer overseas/travel insurance.

since i applied for the visa online, when i came i didn't need to provide anything to the airline or to immigration. the visa was electronically attached to my passport so once the airline and immigration scanned my passport they found the visa and i was good to go. the only question the immigration lady asked me was what i intended to do while in Australia.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Of course tha helped!! Thanks so much!!

QUOTE=nighstar;33550]@nj8199

for a WHV 462 insurance is only a recommendation, not a requirement. i don't have any and have never been told that i needed it. if you do want to get insurance, however, it doesn't need to be from an aussie company; it can be with your current insurance company in America if they offer overseas/travel insurance.

since i applied for the visa online, when i came i didn't need to provide anything to the airline or to immigration. the visa was electronically attached to my passport so once the airline and immigration scanned my passport they found the visa and i was good to go. the only question the immigration lady asked me was what i intended to do while in Australia.

hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am currently on a WHV and I don't have insurance as the UK has a reciprocal health care agreement with Aus.

In terms of the $5000, I didnt get asked for proof of this money or my return ticket. I only had $2000 in my account and had a credit card with an available balance that covered the extra $3000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.