Australia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am holding a valid working visa now. I have applied for permanent residency. I intend to travel for a short trip to my country while my PR application in process. The issue is that my passport is only valid till February 2022. I applied for a new one but it takes so long to arrive. The question is (Am I able to travel in December and return back to Australia in January 2022)?
In another words, am I able to arrive and enter Australia while having my passport valid for one month only?

·
Registered
25 Posts
No, you won’t get in, or, even past first base in the country you fly from, you must have a minimum of six months left in your passport before entering any country, including Australia. Not worth the risk, you’ll get turned away at the departing airport,

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Hi, I am holding a valid working visa now. I have applied for permanent residency. I intend to travel for a short trip to my country while my PR application in process. The issue is that my passport is only valid till February 2022. I applied for a new one but it takes so long to arrive. The question is (Am I able to travel in December and return back to Australia in January 2022)?
In another words, am I able to arrive and enter Australia while having my passport valid for one month only?
What country is your passport?

This is from Australian High Commission, New Zealand.

Australia requires that your passport must be valid only for the period of your intended travel in and out of Australia. There is no requirement for your passport to be valid for six months after your travel.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Egypt
So do you mean it’s ok to travel?
I do not know if that rule applies to all nationalities, it would be best to check with the Australian Embassy in Egypt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts