Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to All

Six months has past since we submitted all the supporting documents for a de facto visa but the only thing I heard from the Australian Embassy Philippines was my Med checks (which I pass), will it take more time or will it be better to reapply for a Parental Visa, my daughter now turned 4 months old born in Australia from an Australian mother.

What steps do I need to do please, help missing my baby girl miss my family
I went back home on a bridging visa I overstayed in Australia now here in Philippines. please give me advice on what to do.

Many thanks to all

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Hi there,

As far as DIAC is concerned, no news is good news. Case officers don't have the time to update every single visa applicant every time something happens with the visa. A visa is assessed in stages, so in your case they have assessed the genuineness of the relationship and now want to assess you health and then character.

I know it's frustrating to wait, especially when seperated from loved ones, but DIAC has stated that some visas can take up to 9 months to be processed, and even 10 months in places like India. If you really want to know what is happening, send your CO a very polite, brief e-mail. But you shouldn't do this too often, as answering frequent e-mails takes time that could be spent processing yours and other peoples' visas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.