Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(please help me,
I loged protection visa and interviewed 2months ago so haven't got result. I'm really worry because my student visa will expired the end of this month.Could I extend my student visa?
Thanks so much for help.please :(

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Hi,

I think that since you lodged the protection visa while on the student visa, you should get a bridging visa automatically to let you stay in Australia until a decision is made on the protection visa.

You need to call DIAC just to make sure though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
HI,
That why I;m worry until now I haven't brigging visa so my student close expired.How can i do it at the moment :confused::confused: .If on the day my student visa expired so I hadn't briging .How came I stay in Astralia

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Hi,

Sorry I didn't explain clearly. You will get the bridging visa when your student visa expires, so you don't actually apply for one. If you have already lodged your protection visa while you were on the student visa, DIAC will know that you need a bridging visa and give one to you automatically.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you so much for help ,I'd would like to ask how often get bridging visa (or result interviewed )after interview day,I'm really worry I don;t get any information or letters about my interviewed as my visa .
Please give me answers help me claim.
Thank you so much

·
Registered
88 Posts
could you please answers my question , thankyou so much
As far s I know everyone gets a bridging visa, if their current visa expires while they are waiting for another one to be processed.

You should check the letter immigration sent you soon after you applied. It has a lot of information on there. It should tell you what bridging visa will come into effect once your tudent visa expires and a whole bunch of other things.

As for how long DIAC takes to contact you after an interview just depends on the case and the case officer. Some people it can be quick and some people it can take months even up to a year.

You need to try and calm down. If you submitted your application and had your interview you just need to be patient until they finish processing your application. They will contact you in due course. If you have a case officer you may want to relay your concerns to her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.