Australia Forum banner

Plz. Urgent advise

740 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Lexi_Cookie
Urgent advise.
Hi everyone. Im feeling very Sad.
Im an international student already studying a bachelor graduate entry that is going to last for 2 years. After that I've been advise that I can apply for a 2 year working visa and PR. My huge problem is that I was recently diagnosed with a type of cronic blood cancer :( CML. My haematologist says I can have a normal life as long as I take imatinib 400mg which Im currently taking. I have freezed my sperm in a laboratory in Sydney for the future. My problem is that back in my country I wont be able to afford for this medication as it is very expensive. I can pay for it here in Asutralia because my wife is working as well as me.
What are the chances to get my working visa after finishing the bachelor and possibly a PR under my circumstances.

Thanks for any advise
Im desperate. Dont know what to do.
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your health condition. But one advise I can give you that has helped a lot of people with health conditions either chronic or acute is to use a trusted and proven migration lawyer as they will be able to present your case in a manner that will make you a presentable candidate. I hope everything works out good for you.
You need to speak to a migration agent that specializes in medical cases.

Australian Immigration Agency - George Lombard Consultancy George is one that is frequently mentioned.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
If your goal is to seek treatment, maybe get a temporary medical treatment visa? Anyways ask your doctors for reports and try to document the treatment received so far, dates, receipts, x-rays lab reports and all. Hope u get well soon!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Not open for further replies.