Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PMV 300 - 47SP form Relationship Status pull-down menu

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ampk 
#1 ·
HI.

Thanks for the help. Great site!

I'm US. Partner is Aus and legally separated waiting for final divorce.
Meanwhile getting this process moving for me to have PMV.

I'm in the 47SP form Relationship Status pull-down menu. I know I would select ENGAGED. But my partner is Separated and the pulldown isn't giving the option. What do we select? Head scratcher.

Pull-down options - DE FACTO, ENGAGE, MARRIED.

When you click on the "?" next to pull down it is more options:

De facto

Divorced
Your marriage has been legally dissolved by legal authority, usually a family court, and you have documentary evidence to this effect.

Engaged
You are betrothed to enter into a legally recognised marriage.

Married
You and your partner have entered into a marriage which is legally recognised and documented.*

Never married
You have never entered into a legally recognised marriage or de facto relationship.

Separated
You and your partner no longer live together in a marital situation or in a genuine domestic relationship to the exclusion of all others and would normally live apart without having finalised divorce proceedings to terminate the marriage.

Widowed

See less See more
#2 ·
Not 100% sure but I imagine it would be engaged as you need to be engaged to apply for a PMV.

Do you know when the divorce will be finalised? The risk applying before the divorce is finalised is that the PMV gets rejected if they make the decision before the divorce is finalised.

#4 ·
Can I ask what constitutes "engaged" is it just your partner has proposed? Or is it a formal party as such?
Thanks
Proposed and accepted. Often a ring has been given. No party needed.

We did a photo. On one knee with a ring. Plus a copy of the ring receipt that said engagement ring.

Reactions: Water
#5 ·
Separated
You and your partner no longer live together in a marital situation or in a genuine domestic relationship to the exclusion of all others and would normally live apart without having finalised divorce proceedings to terminate the marriage.

Is what I would put, and also a copy of receipt of divorce application and expected finalization.

But that may not be correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.