Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a few questions regarding the 300.

I would like to apply for my 300 sometime in early/mid January 2018. I will be visiting Australia for 3 weeks next month so if there is something I can do to prepare and expedite my application, please let me know!

1- 888 are just statements from Aussie citizens, correct? So, basically my SO's mother, brother, or our mutual Aussie friends would do? And this needs to be handwritten, not typed? In section 1, the Visa Applicant Name should be mine and the applicant's partner should be my SO. I see on the last page it says "Your Signature" and "Signature of Qualified Person". Qualified Person is the list of prescribed persons in the first page of the 888 document, correct? Do prescribed persons have a special number they are identified with? My SO's mother is a full time teacher but I do not recall that she has such notary powers. Could she theoretically fill in the paperwork and sign as the qualified person as well as for her own son, my SO's brother?

2- Regarding NOIM, it seems like the easiest way would be to take my passport during my trip to Australia but book something now in advance to sit with a celebrant? Anything else I should know?

3- Should I still register my relationship during my Australia trip next month?

4- Another question I have is, how does engagement work and is recognized? Will I have to show proof? If I put engaged in the online application, it only asks for date of intended marriage. Is there nothing that is checked against this?

That should be it. I plan to do state, FBI, and medical checks in February 2018. Let me know if there is anything else I should know. Really appreciate the help!

·
Registered
794 Posts
1- 888 are just statements from Aussie citizens, correct? So, basically my SO's mother, brother, or our mutual Aussie friends would do?
Correct

And this needs to be handwritten, not typed?
Preferably it should be typed, if handwritten be sure they write in block letters for legibility.

In section 1, the Visa Applicant Name should be mine and the applicant's partner should be my SO.
Correct

I see on the last page it says "Your Signature" and "Signature of Qualified Person". Qualified Person is the list of prescribed persons in the first page of the 888 document, correct?
Correct, it should be signed by your witness in the presence of the qualified person.
Do prescribed persons have a special number they are identified with? My SO's mother is a full time teacher but I do not recall that she has such notary powers. Could she theoretically fill in the paperwork and sign as the qualified person as well as for her own son, my SO's brother?
I think the prescribed person should be unrelated to the signatory, but don't quote me on that. In any case, in Australia any pharmacist can sign it - it's usually not that difficult or expensive to find someone to witness your stat dec that you have to jeopardise its validity by getting someone related to you to witness it.

2- Regarding NOIM, it seems like the easiest way would be to take my passport during my trip to Australia but book something now in advance to sit with a celebrant? Anything else I should know?
Not had to do a PMV so can't comment on that.

3- Should I still register my relationship during my Australia trip next month?
Up to you, but I don't see the necessity if you're applying for a PMV.

4- Another question I have is, how does engagement work and is recognized? Will I have to show proof? If I put engaged in the online application, it only asks for date of intended marriage. Is there nothing that is checked against this?
Nope, the only thing as far as I know that you will need is the NOIM.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again Tijanaoc!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.