Australia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Anyone here who has successfully applied for an exemption for their or their partners PMV 300?

I understand that we are only able to apply for compassionate or compelling reasons. Can anyone give any examples or tips regarding what DOHA considers to be compassionate or compelling?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
Hi All,

Anyone here who has successfully applied for an exemption for their or their partners PMV 300?

I understand that we are only able to apply for compassionate or compelling reasons. Can anyone give any examples or tips regarding what DOHA considers to be compassionate or compelling?

Thanks!
I would guess that you might be considered if you can show a relationship similar to a defacto couple. ie: having lived together for maybe 10 or 11 months. But not quite enough to have applied for the 309 originally.

I doubt if spending just a few weeks together on holiday would count.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why do you require an 'exemption'?
We would like to apply for an exemption as we have 6 months left on the Visa and depending on the whole covid19 situation aren't sure how long the restrictions will be in place. Also according to DOHA extensions aren't possible and are not sure what will happen then...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We would like to apply for an exemption as we have 6 months left on the Visa and depending on the whole covid19 situation aren't sure how long the restrictions will be in place. Also according to DOHA extensions aren't possible and are not sure what will happen then...
We have known each other for 2 years and have visited each other 5 times totaling approximately 4 months time wise.

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
We have known each other for 2 years and have visited each other 5 times totaling approximately 4 months time wise.
Are you wanting an extension to the term of the visa, or an exemption so you can travel to Australia on the visa.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you wanting an extension to the term of the visa, or an exemption so you can travel to Australia on the visa.
We would like an exemption to be able to travel to Australia soon. I am not sure if the Visa can be extended from what I have read.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes. I also found this on the official page. visa will not be extended. this is for today. We want to file an application for entry. consulted with an agent. She says . that again you need to submit all the information. as well as a 300 visa. just don’t understand where to attach it. there is too little volume.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We applied and were denied. We only have 6 months left too.

However I got this in an email from my agent after I emailed her that we had been denied for the exemption:

“On the bright side, the Department said it would be possible to postpone the entry date of the PMV.

I suggest we apply for a deferral, closer to the expiry date.”

Has anyone else heard about this?

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Notwithstanding that immigration use the term, visa cannot be 'extended'. To extend a stay another visa must be applied for. It is not clear from the OP or others what the problem is. If an entry date for a granted visa is due to expire, a request for a later date can be made to the delegate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes. I also found this on the official page. visa will not be extended. this is for today. We want to file an application for entry. consulted with an agent. She says . that again you need to submit all the information. as well as a 300 visa. just don't understand where to attach it. there is too little volume.
Yes it only allows you to upload 5mb of documents which isn't very much at all...:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We applied and were denied. We only have 6 months left too.

However I got this in an email from my agent after I emailed her that we had been denied for the extension:

"On the bright side, the Department said it would be possible to postpone the entry date of the PMV.

I suggest we apply for a deferral, closer to the expiry date."

Has anyone else heard about this?
I haven't heard about this but I am hoping that something will be done to current holders of PMV 300 who might not be able to enter in time due to the circumstances. Let me know what you end up doing :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Notwithstanding that immigration use the term, visa cannot be 'extended'. To extend a stay another visa must be applied for. It is not clear from the OP or others what the problem is. If an entry date for a granted visa is due to expire, a request for a later date can be made to the delegate.
Hi wrussel,

The situation is

- Have 6 months left to enter Australia on the PMV, nobody can guarantee how long this will last...
- Current restrictions do not allow 300 holders to enter
- Only option that DOHA told me on the phone is to apply for an exemption to enter

That is all the information I have gathered for now...

Can you explain what "a request for a later date can be made to the delegate"?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
Current restrictions do not allow 300 holders to enter automatically, in the same way as married or defacto couples (309 and 820) can.

They can apply for permission to enter though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for confirming.

For me (at least) the issue is not being able to enter Australia and therefore comply with visa (300) requirements prior to expiry of the visa.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Current restrictions do not allow 300 holders to enter automatically, in the same way as married or defacto couples (309 and 820) can.

They can apply for permission to enter though.
Yes, but like with these things without a clear rule, some are being denied and some are being granted it seems.

They granted us a tourist visa, he went home for what should have been a couple of months, and then he was going to return on the PMV (which got granted 3 days after he left Australia). We were denied the exemption. The tourist visa allowed us to live in a defacto relationship for the time he was here, so having proof of previous defecto type living may not be the be all and end all of the decision regarding the exemption.

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
having proof of previous defecto type living may not be the be all and end all of the decision regarding the exemption.
Agreed, I think it depends on the length of living together and other factors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I assumed that's what's you meant, but of course couldn't answer for you. I hope you have better luck with the exemption and if not, then it seems our option is to request an alternation to the entry by date on the PMV.
Thanks Nourbilel! I wish you the best of luck too...let me know how you go :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts