Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Today I has been asked to provide another document from a country where I lived more than 12 months. It seems for this country there are 2 documents, one is the one that is Criminal Record (which I already provided) and another one referring as Basic Court ( the one I am trying to request).
However, I see in the document I received from my CO that it says:

"If you are unable to obtain a police certificate, it is in your best interest to demonstrate to us, with documentary evidence where possible, that you have made a genuine attempt to obtain the relevant certificate(s). If we are satisfied that you are unable to obtain a police certificate(s) and have made a genuine attempt to do so, then a waiver of this requirement may be granted."

I only have 14 days to reply, and already contact the respective Authority to get this other Basic Court document.

So, in case I don't get it in the next 14 days, just the email requesting it would be enough to demonstrate my intention of getting it" and upload it when I get it?

Does anyone else have a request like this one?

My immiaccount status says now- Initial Assesment :) , after 5 months waiting.

Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
so basically from email below. you need to provide evidence you are trying to get the police cert and provide reason why you cant give it. maybe email them of your request to get it and why you cant get it ?

"If you are unable to obtain a police certificate, it is in your best interest to demonstrate to us, with documentary evidence where possible, that you have made a genuine attempt to obtain the relevant certificate(s). If we are satisfied that you are unable to obtain a police certificate(s) and have made a genuine attempt to do so, then a waiver of this requirement may be granted."

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
If you can get it and already ordered it, then you wouldn't do that. Just upload a statement in your immi account saying you've ordered it and it's expected to arrive by (date). Maybe attach a confirmation that you've done it as well if possible.

You don't have to have it submitted in 28 days, just respond in that timeframe. Some police checks take months to get back so they just want to see that you are getting it.

A waiver in the case of police checks is more appropriate in the situation of a person that cannot actually get it done because of the rules of the country. For example, there are some countries that require you to be living there to order a police check, but if someone is no longer living there, they can't get it.

If you are capable of getting it done, then it needs to get done. They don't just provide waivers because it takes longer than 28 days to get it back.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello!
Today I has been asked to provide another document from a country where I lived more than 12 months. It seems for this country there are 2 documents, one is the one that is Criminal Record (which I already provided) and another one referring as Basic Court ( the one I am trying to request).
However, I see in the document I received from my CO that it says:

I only have 14 days to reply, and already contact the respective Authority to get this other Basic Court document.

So, in case I don't get it in the next 14 days, just the email requesting it would be enough to demonstrate my intention of getting it" and upload it when I get it?

Does anyone else have a request like this one?

My immiaccount status says now- Initial Assesment :) , after 5 months waiting.

Thanks
wow.. atleast you got a reply from them. where did you apply ur pmv from? And pls let me know that after you receive this email your status is still "initial assessment"? it hasn't been changed?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thank Skybluebrewer.
I have a gnarly problem with a police certificate for my fiancé's son.
We have a PMV 300 in progress although she is here on a 600 visitor.
Because he is 16, DHA are requiring a police check as well as medical even though there is no intent to migrate him.
However when her family (mother, sister, son) in Bangkok attempted to obtain a certificate for my fiancé and her son the police officer requested 1720 baht for hers which I paid begrudgingly.
But he refused to accept the son would need or could get one because he did not have a passport!
I asked the family to obtain a letter stating he would not issue a certificate but he refused that too on both occasions they visited Special Branch Royal Thai Police!
So now I have nothing to show that I attempted but failed to obtain this required certificate.
Will a StatDec by me be sufficient to cover this or do I need more proof?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thank Skybluebrewer.
I have a gnarly problem with a police certificate for my fiancé's son.
We have a PMV 300 in progress although she is here on a 600 visitor.
Because he is 16, DHA are requiring a police check as well as medical even though there is no intent to migrate him.
However when her family (mother, sister, son) in Bangkok attempted to obtain a certificate for my fiancé and her son the police officer requested 1720 baht for hers which I paid begrudgingly.
But he refused to accept the son would need or could get one because he did not have a passport!
I asked the family to obtain a letter stating he would not issue a certificate but he refused that too on both occasions they visited Special Branch Royal Thai Police!
So now I have nothing to show that I attempted but failed to obtain this required certificate.
Will a StatDec by me be sufficient to cover this or do I need more proof?
Remove the son from the application as someone not being dependent anymore.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I wish it were that simple Zol. She has two sons.
Fortunately #1 turns 18 in December but still needed a StatDec about him even though PMV will not be decided by then for sure!
#2 son is 18 in June 2020 so DHA consider there is a need to include him in the application even though there is no migration intention.
But as a dependent son he MUST be included just in case we change our mind.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! Yes, I am in the process of getting it. That timeframe of 14 days are workdays or naturals days? Like Saturday/Sunday counts? Thanks 🙂

I applied last May and my application has change to Initial Assesment.

Also, the reply would be just uploading the evidence that I am requesting that document, right?

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow.. atleast you got a reply from them. where did you apply ur pmv from? And pls let me know that after you receive this email your status is still "initial assessment"? it hasn't been changed?
I have started the process of getting this second document I have been requested to provide. However, the rules for getting this are now tougher than when I request the other one back in February, they no longer accept email request, I was lucky enough a friend still lives there and I made her a Power of Attorney to collect the document on my behalf, but now, they are requesting a proof that I lived there, so that's another process, as I was living there as an expat due to my former partner's job, and now had to contact that company to get that confirmation and then both documents need to be translated into the local language where I used to live in East Europe.

As I need to reply 14 days after I got the request, if I am not able to get this paper by then, I will just share as evidence all the emails I have sent and the Power of Attorney as evidence I am doing my best to get the document.

That country has no a written procedure on how to get this, my friend has asked locally, and the info provided by the Home Affairs website for that country, no one has answered back to my emails.

Do you think this is enough as evidence?

Thanks,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.