Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We applied for PMV last June and are still waiting for any kind of contact.

In the while I read a lot on this forum and see a lot of people talking about a "letter from celebrant".

If I understand well this has to come from the person who will perform the religious wedding? Problem is, we are both non religious and we only want a civil wedding. We have provided a NOIM. Do we really need a letter from celebrant? We are not able to provide one since we have no need for such a person...

·
Registered
140 Posts
There is a requirement to show evidence of the relationship and to us a strong show of committment is the letter from a 'registered' civil marriage celebrant. It was a paid agreement with the celebrant to marry us on a date we set in the future and hopefully we get the Visa granted before then.

We gave the celebrant our completed NOIM application which she holds with her now. She then wrote a letter 'to whom it may concern' regarding our intention to marry application and that is the letter we uploaded to Immi Account.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Hello,

We applied for PMV last June and are still waiting for any kind of contact.

In the while I read a lot on this forum and see a lot of people talking about a "letter from celebrant".

If I understand well this has to come from the person who will perform the religious wedding? Problem is, we are both non religious and we only want a civil wedding. We have provided a NOIM. Do we really need a letter from celebrant? We are not able to provide one since we have no need for such a person...
Not from the person performing any religeous wedding, but from the person who will be conducting the civil wedding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.