Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it safe to assume that a NOIM is not required to be submitted with our online application as I can find no reference to it on the home affairs website

We are planing to marry overseas, high risk country, so entry to Australia before the PMV is hopefully granted is probably not going to happen especially after wasting hundreds of dollars on failed tourists visa applications already.

We will get a letter (translated) from a marriage celebrant or equivalent with a expected marriage date of 18+ months after we have submitted our PMV application.

I understand there are a lot of posts on NOIM in this forum so think it is strange that is not mentioned at all on DoHA website even entering NOIM in their search box comes up empty?

Is this how its done in these circumstances?

EDIT:
2nd question I thought I should ask.
Form 80 Part E - International travel / movements
18 Have you traveled to any country other than Australia in the last 10 years?

We have done heaps of overnight stays or stays of 2-3 days throughout Europe, is it OK to condense the different country visits from the same trip into one entry European Union?
I think the answer will be no which is a shame, Part T of the form will be full with all the countries :-o

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
What the Home Affairs website says is that you must provide "proof (such as a letter from the person who will officiate at the wedding) that you will marry your prospective spouse within 9 months of being granted the visa".

From what you have written, it would be sensible to consult a Registered Migration Agent before you commit to a course of action.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Circa 1992

:Speaking of word processors, you had one years ago
that wanted me to marry my fiancé within three months, or
else. Not being a marriage celebrant, I wed my fiancé
instead. As I recall it could not spell his name either. No
doubt with the current move for better English from
immigrants, this sort of thing will cease. Why not bring back
the dictation test? The little brown people can hardly
understand a word you mumble. The first question I was
asked in your embassy was-Do you need an interpreter? I
am in my country and I am asked whether I need an
interpreter?

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
You make no mention of it but I thought that I would point out incase you do not realise that after the PMV is granted you must not get married before the applicant has made their first entry into Australia.

When we submitted our PMV we did not submit a NOIM because the celebrant wanted both signatures (some celebrants are like that) but we did submit a letter from the celebrant. The case officer requested that we supply a NOIM and even gave the counter hours at the Australian Embassy so that my husband (then fiance) could go and get his signature witnessed for the NOIM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.