Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just starting a new thread to see if anyone can share experiences / knowledge of PMV 300 (or other partner visa) applicants who have been subject to a 3 year ban?

My partner and I applied back in September 2017 and unfortunately, when he left the country in July 2017 was informed that he had a 3 year ban. We were advised by several agents that this visa was likely the best option as we were engaged in August and didn't have enough evidence/time together for a defacto partner visa.
As of yet, we haven't heard anything from any CO and his application is currently under Further Assessment (almost at the 7 month mark, applied from New Zealand).

Any info on similar experiences from people would be great.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi,

Just starting a new thread to see if anyone can share experiences / knowledge of PMV 300 (or other partner visa) applicants who have been subject to a 3 year ban?

My partner and I applied back in September 2017 and unfortunately, when he left the country in July 2017 was informed that he had a 3 year ban. We were advised by several agents that this visa was likely the best option as we were engaged in August and didn't have enough evidence/time together for a defacto partner visa.
As of yet, we haven't heard anything from any CO and his application is currently under Further Assessment (almost at the 7 month mark, applied from New Zealand).

Any info on similar experiences from people would be great.
Sc. 300 visa applications are not subject to PIC 4013/4014 (exclusion periods).They typically apply to temporary visas, like tourist and student visas.

As long as he was not deported or has serious character issues he should not face any issues in that regard.

What was the reason for the ban?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi CCMS,

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I have heard - PMV is not subject to PIC - but I got a little worried recently due to thinking PMV was technically a temporary visa? Or is it classified differently due to being conditional temporary/provisional?

My partner's ban was really down to a complex situation and an honest oversight. After overstaying unknowingly for 7 days, he went to immigration in Melbourne to try to sort everything out. After explaining, they granted him a bridging visa to stay in the country and try to sort out his (then) student visa application. However, his applications kept coming back as "invalid" to the system (I think because of the overstaying), so eventually after 28 days he left the country on a bridging visa and was told at immigration about the ban. It was very stressful for us both, as you can imagine.

Have you come across PMV applicants subject to a ban? Is it likely that a CO would ask for additional info on the ban, or not given technically PIC doesn't apply?

I get worried due to not hearing anything - but keep being told that no news is good news!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
There is no "ban" as such and they can't be randomly applied. It is very bad, and confusing, terminology.

There are public interest criteria, special return criteria and visa conditions.

Each visa sub-class has its own set of the above and that should be your starting point when it comes to exclusion periods.

The 3 year exclusion period (for overstaying) you refer to does not apply to a sc. 300 visa application. That's it. The CO does not have the authority to "ask for a ban". Exclusion periods either apply or they don't and in this case, they don't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.