Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am applying for a 300 Prospective Marriage Visa for my Thai fiancee.
I have completed the initial application without submitting.

1. Can I change the details after submission?
I know I cannot upload documents yet so I would guess I can.

2. I have not got all the 8 sibling details for example - plus partners.
Do spouses of siblings need to be included?

3. Once submitted/received I can apply for sponsored Tourist Visa - correct?
Is it OK to apply for 12 month or will 3/6 be approved more readily?
She will be my fully catered guest of course until the PMV is approved.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Chris,

Im not am expert on this. But better if you start uploading all the documents sooner , and as much as possible put all the details required.
And for the tourist Visa, yes she can apply for that , you can click the 1 year tourist visa but still it dependa on the immigration how many months they will grant.
I had sumitted my pMV application 11 june this year ( paper application). Had done polixe and med checks as per request by them. And on 22 June , they had assigned me my case officer. Good luck with your application

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
But better if you start uploading all the documents sooner

I can't see any way to upload before submission and paying the $7,000 fee.
Logging in again I noticed that the screen stated that when:
Attaching documents
If the status of your application in ImmiAccount is currently 'Submitted',
wait for the status to change to 'Received' before attempting to attach documents.

Of course this answers the 2nd part of my 1st question and implies the 1st part is also possible - can change details
Answer to Q3 is try for 12 and take what they give

Can anyone answer Q2? - sibling spouse details?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I submitted mine thru paper application, but i paid it online in my Immi account. I went direct to manage payment and paid there and sent the receipt to immigration as they need it to procced.
Just try to find where u can upload all your docs, shouls be there. I saw it before coz at first i wanted to submit online as well.
All the best!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You can not change anything in your application after you submit it.

Also you can not delete any uploads once you do upload them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks but as stated I have not yet submitted and cannot upload documents.

I believe you can continue to upload until application is being processed and even during this time as things change in the long time to get the application processed.

Can you change the details you originally submitted such as an address or date of birth for a relative found to be incorrect or a sibling omitted - after submission? If so I can submit. Can anyone clarify with certainty?

Thanks ampk - have just seen your reply.
So if I do not have one sibling's details I cannot submit?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Thanks but as stated I have not yet submitted and cannot upload documents.

I believe you can continue to upload until application is being processed and even during this time as things change in the long time to get the application processed.

Can you change the details you originally submitted such as an address or date of birth for a relative found to be incorrect or a sibling omitted - after submission? If so I can submit. Can anyone clarify with certainty?

Thanks ampk - have just seen your reply.
So if I do not have one sibling's details I cannot submit?
It gets messy and risky if you don't supply those details with initial application - best to wait.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks again ampk.

I knew this would be the answer if you cannot correct after submission.

I know and fully understand the department requires complete and correct details to assess in this mad world we now live in.

Do you know if the sibling details must include all sibling partner's (brother/sister in law) as well or just blood relatives?
Thai wives don't use their name after marriage - my fiancee can call herself - Na Chris - if she chooses in Thailand!

My partner has 8 siblings most with partners so the form will have about 20 entries if needed!!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
From memory and it was awhile ago we listed.

My mother, father (think my fathers 2nd marriage date)
My partners mother and father and marriage date.

My 2 sisters and the marriage date of the married one.
My partners brother

My 3 kids (none married)
My partners 2 kids. (none married)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks mate

So it sounds like I should be OK just to list her children, parents and her siblings with marital status and date.
The marriage date states - if known - so they aren't so worried about this detail it seems.
This cuts the number down to 2 + 8 on her side. Have 2 so only 6 to go!

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
I am applying for a 300 Prospective Marriage Visa for my Thai fiancee.
I have completed the initial application without submitting.

1. Can I change the details after submission?
I know I cannot upload documents yet so I would guess I can.

2. I have not got all the 8 sibling details for example - plus partners.
Do spouses of siblings need to be included?

3. Once submitted/received I can apply for sponsored Tourist Visa - correct?
Is it OK to apply for 12 month or will 3/6 be approved more readily?
She will be my fully catered guest of course until the PMV is approved.
I can answer Q: 2 and 3:

2: We didn't include spouses of siblings, just indicated the 3 that were married, as being married, no details of their spouse.

3: After we applied for the 300, and had submitted Medicals and Police checks, we then applied for a standard 600 visa, not sponsored. The rules say: "If your relative or friend is paying for your visit, evidence that they have the necessary funds." I assume a fiance is not a relative. We just showed my financial situation, and I said I was covering all costs for my fiance.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks JandE.

I assume you waited until the Police & Medical were done as they needed to be done in applicant home country as that is where processing is done?

If I applied for 600 she would have to travel back for these to be done.
Does it take long for the P&M checks to be requested?

How long must we be apart is the reason of course!
I can visit her until then but it's costly

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks SkyBlue.

Thanks makes sense not being able to upload until the money is paid to pay for your storage. :)
However my main question about updating details after submissions has been answered by browsing the immi account help link below

If you have already lodged your visa application, and we have not made a decision, you can update your information using Form 1022 - Notification of Changes in Circumstances (77KB PDF) and send the form to the area processing your application.

search for how-can-i-update-my-address-or-passport-details
The forum won't let me put the whole url in - keeps changing by putting ... in the middle :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.