Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear,
I would like to know base on your experience, what are the more relevant documents a Sponsor should attach with the application, are things like Employment Cerificates, Bank statements, something showing his own his house, etc, etc required? Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yes I have seen it. I was only confirming if any extra info was required, as I have read here, theres not an exhaustive check list and few, so wonder if they might ask for those documents in the future we could upload them in advance.

I was reading a lady that mentioned that applicant needs to add evidence of residence, not sure that will be only for the Sponsor or the applicant too. Do you know?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Those are the documents required by the sponsor.

You may be confusing it with relationship evidence which of course there cannot be an exact checklist for as each relationship is unique. Proof of living together with the sponsor can be provided in a variety of ways depending on your circumstances. Sometimes it's as simple as having a lease agreement or mortgage with both your names. Not everyone has that and so they need to prove it in other ways.

Bank statements are used to show things like joint account are used, or major purchases in regards to the relationship (e.g., washing machine, couch, holidays, bills, etc). Not to prove funds of any sort. There's also no requirement foe a sponsor to be employed so that would be pointless to prove. A document showing a partner as a beneficiary of a super or as emeegency contact on work forms would be evidence of the relationship though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If the sponsor isn't an Australian citizen they will need to show evidence that they reside in Australia. This is separate to the proof of relationship evidence (which includes the 'living together' evidence category).

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.