Australia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and my partner have recently got engaged and we're going to go through with the PMV 300.

We have already booked our venue and celebrant for April 2019 and while I know plenty of people on here have said not to put dates in stone due to the long processing times, I think we both needed to have some sort of goal.

Although now i'm worrying about the processing times. Would we be better to put our application through now with a letter from a celebrant and venue and hope they dont grant it outside of a 9 month window of April 2019.

Does anyone know of this happening where a visa has been granted too soon?
Especially as ive been reading most are taking closer to a year and if we applied now and it took 9 months that would be fine. I just dont want it to take less than 6 and fall outside of our wedding time.

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Your celebrant should be flexible on dates, you need to book the celebrant to lodge your NOIM for the application anyways. I have read on here of the occasional person being asked to bring their wedding date forward and then being granted their visa. It could happen. No one can possibly give you confirmation on this. We're all at the mercy of the immigration department! We lodged our visa application a week or so ago and our wedding date is June 1 2019. But yeah, not locking anything in until we know for sure. Maybe you could talk to the venue you've booked and see if there's some flexibility to cement the date within that 9 month window?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Alternatively, you book in your big wedding for that date, but if your visa is granted too soon do the courthouse (well Births, Deaths and Marriages in most places) thing before hand to fulfil your visa requirements and then do the big one in April 2019 as you have planned :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Alternatively, you book in your big wedding for that date, but if your visa is granted too soon do the courthouse (well Births, Deaths and Marriages in most places) thing before hand to fulfil your visa requirements and then do the big one in April 2019 as you have planned :)
That's what we've decided to do as our back up plan too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts