Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone!

I'm holding SC 300 and I'm going to get married next week. I can hardly wait! My fiance ( soon husband ) and I started to organize documents needed for the next stage ( Partner Visa 820 ). However, we're not sure when to lodge the application. Do we have to wait for the standard marriage certificate or is it fine to lodge and we'll follow/attach after? This is another nerve wracking process for us we'd been waited for the PMV grant more than 12 months.I hope this time will be quicker--and that they let us live in peace! I wanna hear experiences from you guys who had PMV to 820 application. How many months before you got the grant? Any advise will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I waited for the marriage certificate, personally. It's frustrating having to wait, but it's required, and anytime after you apply they have the right to look at what you've uploaded and make a decision based on that. It's probably VERY unlikely that they'd deny you just because you hadn't uploaded it yet, but I personally wanted to be 100% safe and waited. That said someone else (was it you Mish? can't remember) got their 820 without even having uploaded their marriage certificate at all. Obviously a mistake on Immi's part, but... you never know, ha.

Reactions: Jo5887

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
What state are you marrying in?

WA gave us the certificate at the registry office the day we married.

You can't apply until you're married anyway, but I would also say just wait for the certificate. Then when they look at your app, it's ready for approval. Otherwise they may look at it, realize you're waiting on it, and put you to the side for a while.

Get your new form 888s moving now while you wait!

My 820 from 300 took 20 days for grant, but that was in 2016.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I waited for the marriage certificate, personally. It's frustrating having to wait, but it's required, and anytime after you apply they have the right to look at what you've uploaded and make a decision based on that. It's probably VERY unlikely that they'd deny you just because you hadn't uploaded it yet, but I personally wanted to be 100% safe and waited. That said someone else (was it you Mish? can't remember) got their 820 without even having uploaded their marriage certificate at all. Obviously a mistake on Immi's part, but... you never know, ha.
Yeah you're right. I think we'll have to wait for the standard marriage certificate. Thanks CollegeGirl

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What state are you marrying in?

WA gave us the certificate at the registry office the day we married.

You can't apply until you're married anyway, but I would also say just wait for the certificate. Then when they look at your app, it's ready for approval. Otherwise they may look at it, realize you're waiting on it, and put you to the side for a while.

Get your new form 888s moving now while you wait!

My 820 from 300 took 20 days for grant, but that was in 2016.
We have updated form 888s and I think we'll wait for the marriage certificate. Wow only 20 days! I hope ours won't take long. Thanks for the info. BTW I'm located in Queensland same state where we'll going to marry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.