Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Just wanting to see if anyone has been in a similar position before... my partner and I applied for a PMV 300 on April 1st, and have completed all paperwork and medicals - we are still awaiting to hear back from a CO on this, all it says is "received".

I am from Perth, Aussie citizen, and my partner is from Ukraine.

We applied for a 600 Tourist Visa on July 4th, and the waiting times for this say 19-24 days. We have heard nothing back for this, and it has been 34 days and counting. All it says on Immi is "received". No further update on this at all.

We submitted an application for a 600 Tourist last year in August/September, but we were refused this by Lee in London, on grounds she hadn't traveled enough (despite her having multiple visas for Germany, Poland, Indonesia, Spain), & he thought we would get married while she was here. We said we were together, not engaged at that point, but it was for her to come down, meet the family, and we'd travel around WA. I've known her for 3 years.

We did a massive round Europe trip i October & November last year, hitting the major places like Czech Republic, Germany, France, Holland & Italy for 6 weeks. We kept her within the rules and she left before the time was up back to Ukraine. We used lots of photos, airline tickets, hotel bills etc to prove she went to these places, and attached the receipt for the 300 PMV aswell to prove we had applied and paid for that.

So my question is... anyone else had to wait this long for any response for the 600, with a 300 lodged aswell? We have lots and lots of evidence of her traveling, and letters of sponsorship and invitation to Australia from me.

Cheers
Hairy

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I would say a good majority of people wait close to a year (and some over that) for the 300 based on the few people that I read timelines of on this forum. You've only just applied in April so haven't been waiting long at all. To get it in less than 4 months would have been fast and not common.

They do say the processing times are estimates and some could take longer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say a good majority of people wait close to a year (and some over that) for the 300 based on the few people that I read timelines of on this forum. You've only just applied in April so haven't been waiting long at all. To get it in less than 4 months would have been fast and not common.

They do say the processing times are estimates and some could take longer.
Heya :) I meant for the 600, we lodged that 34 days ago, and have not heard anything about that (Global Processing time is 19-24 days), but have a 300 lodged aswell, 4 months and counting. The 300 we aren't expecting anything for a while, but am hoping the 600 Tourist visa comes through - just to hear anything really.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Heya :) I meant for the 600, we lodged that 34 days ago, and have not heard anything about that (Global Processing time is 19-24 days), but have a 300 lodged aswell, 4 months and counting. The 300 we aren't expecting anything for a while, but am hoping the 600 Tourist visa comes through - just to hear anything really.
My first time I waited 2 months for a 600 visa and processing times were way below that. Hadn't lodged any other type of visa before but yes a visitor visa can take long, at least it did for me.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I would go visit my local MP and explain your case to date and see if he can enquire on the delay of the Visitor Visa.

Ukraine raises red flags!

Is what I was told by one of our MP's staff after they spoke to immigration.

We had a number of Visitor Visa refusals for Ukraine citizen when they were processed in Moscow. Prior to the PMV application we had to leave a kid behind to get the other Visitor visas approved. After the PMV application all 3 got granted a 1 year Visitor Visa.

Your Visitor Visa application can go either way regardless of the quality of your application and evidence supplied.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would go visit my local MP and explain your case to date and see if he can enquire on the delay of the Visitor Visa.

Ukraine raises red flags!

Is what I was told by one of our MP's staff after they spoke to immigration.

We had a number of Visitor Visa refusals for Ukraine citizen when they were processed in Moscow. Prior to the PMV application we had to leave a kid behind to get the other Visitor visas approved. After the PMV application all 3 got granted a 1 year Visitor Visa.

Your Visitor Visa application can go either way regardless of the quality of your application and evidence supplied.
Thanks mate, yeah, we figured Ukraine would throw red flags. Local MP would be the go when I get home from work if they haven't replied by then. It's the not knowing that's the killer!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks mate, yeah, we figured Ukraine would throw red flags. Local MP would be the go when I get home from work if they haven't replied by then. It's the not knowing that's the killer!
Did you end up getting your tourist Visa? If so, how long did it take in the end? I also have a PMV pending and have tickets booked for Perth in May. Haven't applied for my tourist visa yet. Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hiya! Yep, we got the tourist visa a week or so after posting this thread. Took 42 days for us
The fianceè was getting frustrated as she was reading some Russian/Ukrainian sites were girls were saying they got it in a week or 2 (I'm still not convinced that's true) and she was wondering why ours was taking so long.

We also got the 300 approved a few months after that, in November. We took a bunch of photos here of her with my family, doing touristy things, etc and added them to the 300. So 300 took 7.5 months in total to get approved.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.