Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My partner and i have been together since Feb 2015, we applied for PMV300 in July of 2015 and withdrew it around end of September. We were separated till early Dec 2015 where we sorted things out and before Christmas of 2015 it was like we had not been apart. We have spent many trips going back and forth and its time to submit the PMV again. My question how does immi go about this separation period? We have stated it in our paperwork.. but should we classify the relationship as when we first got serious? Or do they class when we got back together as the new relationship? Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply and input. That does make sense, but i also feel the 'before part' is quite significant (engagement, submitting the visa). How would one describe being together again and exclusion of others? its not like we had a second engagement either.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Out of curiosity why does it need to matter as you meet the criteria for the PMV? It is significant and should be documented and I would assume an RMA would have you address the situation as well in the application, but it doesn't constitute a continuing relationship.

Aside from that you actively decided to seperate, this ends the mutual commitment. You started a fresh mutual commitment in December.

Let me phrase it in a different context - If you quit your job and your employer rehired you would you still expect to keep your long service entitlements?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally it doesn't matter and you make a good point about the continuing relationship aspect. It does make it very confusing for 'old relationship' and 'new relationship' dates.

I can appreciate your example, but going back to a relevant context I know many people seperate for a time and do get back together, these people would not classify their relationship from when its 'refreshed'.

I would have thought a similar situation would have happened before but can't find any posts through trawling...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.