Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to lodge a PMV 309 for my wife and daughter soon. I have a couple of questions and would greatly appreciate assistance on this:

1) Unfortunately I have lost my original birth certificate and had to apply for a new one. Due to a lack of proper, they issued the new certificate with birth location as "home birth." However, the original birth certificate that I submitted during my 189 PR visa was the original one from the hospital. If I submit the new one, will this cause any problems, since the location of birth is different?

2) Since being granted the PR, I have not spent more than 12 months anywhere in or outside Australia. As the sponsor, I understand that I need to provide PCCs for all the places where I have spent more than 12 months in the last 10 years. Can I submit the same PCCs that I used to apply for my own PR?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I'm planning to lodge a PMV 309 for my wife and daughter soon. I have a couple of questions and would greatly appreciate assistance on this:

** PMV is generally referred to as the 300 and the 309 as an offshore Partner Visa.

1) Unfortunately I have lost my original birth certificate and had to apply for a new one. Due to a lack of proper, they issued the new certificate with birth location as "home birth." However, the original birth certificate that I submitted during my 189 PR visa was the original one from the hospital. If I submit the new one, will this cause any problems, since the location of birth is different?

** I expect it could cause problems, big ones.

2) Since being granted the PR, I have not spent more than 12 months anywhere in or outside Australia. As the sponsor, I understand that I need to provide PCCs for all the places where I have spent more than 12 months in the last 10 years. Can I submit the same PCCs that I used to apply for my own PR?

** PCC's are valid for 12 months from date of issue.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

** PMV is generally referred to as the 300 and the 309 as an offshore Partner Visa.

** I expect it could cause problems, big ones.

** PCC's are valid for 12 months from date of issue.
Hi ampk,

Thanks for your response. I guess in regards to the birth certificate, I should probably request a new one. I do have a notrary-attested photocopy of the original that I submitted with my application. Do you think that would suffice?

The PCC's I obtained had no expiration date, however, they do have an issue date. Do I still need to obtain them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi ampk,

Thanks for your response. I guess in regards to the birth certificate, I should probably request a new one. I do have a notrary-attested photocopy of the original that I submitted with my application. Do you think that would suffice?

The PCC's I obtained had no expiration date, however, they do have an issue date. Do I still need to obtain them?

Thanks.
It will only suffice if they don't request an upload of the original document. Best to just acquire it anyway.

It doesn't matter what the PCC says the validity is. Immigration only counts them as valid for 12 months from date of issue.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It will only suffice if they don't request an upload of the original document. Best to just acquire it anyway.

It doesn't matter what the PCC says the validity is. Immigration only counts them as valid for 12 months from date of issue.
Hi Skybluebrewer,

Quick question regarding the birth certificate. The DIBP's website says that the birth certificate must contain both parents' names. The birth certificates issued in my country (Pakistan) only contain the father's name for some odd reason. Will this work? We do have a document called a "Family Registration Certificate" that contains both parents' names. Do you think I could supplement this document to the birth certificate?

Thanks a lot for your answers. Much appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.