Australia Forum banner

2121 - 2140 of 3862 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Panda,

My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We should both be on the 100 fast track visa.

They asked that I provide my sponsor's birth certificate and proof of US residency. This was weird because I am positive I uploaded her birth certificate, passport, AU drivers license etc... Anyhow, where does it show your sponsor was approved? Is this on your ImmiAccount?

I wish they would get their butts in gear. My wife/sponsor just moved to Sydney and starts her new job today.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Panda,

My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We should both be on the 100 fast track visa.

They asked that I provide my sponsor's birth certificate and proof of US residency. This was weird because I am positive I uploaded her birth certificate, passport, AU drivers license etc... Anyhow, where does it show your sponsor was approved? Is this on your ImmiAccount?

I wish they would get their butts in gear. My wife/sponsor just moved to Sydney and starts her new job today.
That was exactly our reaction. They asked for proof of my US naturalization. I'm certain I uploaded my US passport too but we quickly loaded the naturalization certificate the same day, on May 20 and haven't heard anything since. Yep, the sponsor approval shows on the immi account.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We are planning to apply for a tourist visa for my husband so we can travel to Australia at end of July even if his partner visa hasn't come through. Are there any complicating factors to doing that? We know he can't work and will have to leave Australia and return again to activate the partner visa when it comes through, but want to be sure it doesn't switch him to an onshore visa track or anything odd like that. When I spoke to the Service Center, they said there were no issues with him being there on a tourist visa for a few months.

Res12345 - the sponsor approval shows on the immi account when you log in as the sponsor, not as the applicant.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,124 ·
We are planning to apply for a tourist visa for my husband so we can travel to Australia at end of July even if his partner visa hasn't come through. Are there any complicating factors to doing that? We know he can't work and will have to leave Australia and return again to activate the partner visa when it comes through, but want to be sure it doesn't switch him to an onshore visa track or anything odd like that. When I spoke to the Service Center, they said there were no issues with him being there on a tourist visa for a few months.
No, it doesn't change anything about your visa application. Just give them a heads up about your plans. It's very common to visit while waiting for an offshore partner visa.

Res12345 - the sponsor approval shows on the immi account when you log in as the sponsor, not as the applicant.
Not everyone has separate logins. My husband and I used the same login/account and just filled out both the sponsor and the applicant applications. :)

Res - When you login to ImmiAccount, you'll see "List of Applications" - next to the "Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300,309/100,820/801)" (presuming that you completed it and you're on the same account where you completed it) you'll see "Status" and that will say approved, finalised, etc.

Reactions: Res12345

·
Registered
57 Posts
Res - When you login to ImmiAccount, you'll see "List of Applications" - next to the "Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300,309/100,820/801)" (presuming that you completed it and you're on the same account where you completed it) you'll see "Status" and that will say approved, finalised, etc.
That would explain it. No we did not fill out an online application as you describe. I wasn't aware that this existed. However, it is just the Form 40SP.

I was recently contacted by my CO and they requested the Form 40SP. So my wife filled this form out and we uploaded a scanned and signed copy to my application where my wife/sponsor has an option to upload documents.

I think this is ok. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
57 Posts
We are planning to apply for a tourist visa for my husband so we can travel to Australia at end of July even if his partner visa hasn't come through. Are there any complicating factors to doing that?
I plan to do the same thing, because my wife/sponsor just moved to Sydney. I was going to contact the office by e-mail in a week or two... I think you do need to inform them about your travel plans during assessment. Please let me know what you find out and I will do the same.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks everyone. I'll give the nice ladies in Ottawa a call tomorrow and check how we go about letting them know. We don't have an email address to write back to (the one email we received was "no-reply"). The status update buttons on the online portal make it sound like the world is ending no matter which one you click.

Res12345 we submitted our 40SP form at the same time as our original application last year. Trying to give them every reason to process us quickly, but doesn't seem to have made a difference.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,128 ·
That would explain it. No we did not fill out an online application as you describe. I wasn't aware that this existed. However, it is just the Form 40SP.

I was recently contacted by my CO and they requested the Form 40SP. So my wife filled this form out and we uploaded a scanned and signed copy to my application where my wife/sponsor has an option to upload documents.

I think this is ok. Any thoughts?
Yep, it's just the online version of the 40SP. It does have its advantages - gives you more evidence upload slots if you need them, etc. - but they do usually just send you the 40SP if you don't find and fill out that separate sponsor application on your own. It's fine. Still more or less the same info. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks everyone. I'll give the nice ladies in Ottawa a call tomorrow and check how we go about letting them know. We don't have an email address to write back to (the one email we received was "no-reply").
Panda,

I wrote my CO about traveling to Australia on a visitor visa while a decision is being made. I received an automated e-mail about how the office doesn't accept e-mail communication... The original e-mail clearly states that the office "prefers all correspondence be by e-mail" lol.

I then called the Ottawa office and they said that I can apply for the visitor visa and should just update my immi account with a form 1022. I then received another automated e-mail from immigration saying that my previous e-mail will be forwarded to my CO. Talk about a lack of clarity!

How about you? Any luck on your end? I am hoping this "new financial year" hype works out in our favor and we receive our visas beginning of July.

It's pretty frustrating to look at our straightforward cases and well established marriages but are being processed in 75%+ times, smh.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Panda,

I wrote my CO about traveling to Australia on a visitor visa while a decision is being made. I received an automated e-mail about how the office doesn't accept e-mail communication... The original e-mail clearly states that the office "prefers all correspondence be by e-mail" lol.

I then called the Ottawa office and they said that I can apply for the visitor visa and should just update my immi account with a form 1022. I then received another automated e-mail from immigration saying that my previous e-mail will be forwarded to my CO. Talk about a lack of clarity!

How about you? Any luck on your end? I am hoping this "new financial year" hype works out in our favor and we receive our visas beginning of July.

It's pretty frustrating to look at our straightforward cases and well established marriages but are being processed in 75%+ times, smh.
Res12345 - I could almost cut and paste your description as the sequence of events we went through in the last week! The only addition I have is that we also applied for the ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) for my husband last Sunday. We received an email on Monday that it was "not granted". We called Ottawa to see if they had any ideas and they were so sweet and helpful, but they were really surprised and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't have been granted. They were extremely reassuring and said to go ahead with the e600 visa application asap if my husband wanted to travel to Australia before the 309/100 is granted. It takes 20-36 days to process an e600. They said the ETA is not in anyway connected to the 309 application and it is extremely common for people to travel as tourists to Australia while their 309/100s are in process. We are considering our options now as we don't want to do anything to jeopardize the partner visa but would like for my husband to come visit when we go to see my family at the end of July. Have you applied for your ETA? Fingers crossed for you that it goes smoothly. They didn't mention the form 1022. We also emailed Irene who is our CO, got the bounce-back, and the follow-up that said the email had been forwarded to her. No contact since. Trying to decide what to do now...

·
Registered
57 Posts
The only addition I have is that we also applied for the ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) for my husband last Sunday. We received an email on Monday that it was "not granted". We called Ottawa to see if they had any ideas and they were so sweet and helpful, but they were really surprised and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't have been granted.
I was reading on another thread/forum that this was happening to a lot of people in a similar boat as us. They figured that the partner visa was capped and it may be because their 309/100 is being processed and they will have it very soon--beginning of July. Most of these individuals were from India so I wasn't sure if it would work out the same way for those of us who applied in DC. I guess it is the same. I will try applying for the ETA myself just to see what happens :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
The only addition I have is that we also applied for the ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) for my husband last Sunday. We received an email on Monday that it was "not granted".
Just applied for the ETA and was granted it immediately. This is weird. Has your husband applied for the ETA in the past?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just applied for the ETA and was granted it immediately. This is weird. Has your husband applied for the ETA in the past?
Yes, he has been to Australia every couple of years for the past 21 years on ETAs. So odd. Glad yours came through straight away. Assuming no response from your CO?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, no response. I'll keep you updated if I hear anything... I hope something works out soon for you. Even this ETA option isn't a great alternative. I turned down two engineering jobs and am just sitting here (unemployed) waiting for my grant lol. It is very frustrating... At least now I can visit once I get my cat shipped out. Hoping our 309/100s are granted soon.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We went ahead and applied for the e600 tourist visa yesterday. Hopefully that goes smoothly, or the partner visa comes through soon.
I hope that works out for you... Does your husband have a fairly new passport? I just got a new (US) passport and it is very different then the old one. It feels like there is some sort of electronic technology inside... Maybe your husband has an outdated passport that doesn't support the ETA? It may be a stretch but it's just a thought I had.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I hope that works out for you... Does your husband have a fairly new passport? I just got a new (US) passport and it is very different then the old one. It feels like there is some sort of electronic technology inside... Maybe your husband has an outdated passport that doesn't support the ETA? It may be a stretch but it's just a thought I had.
Thanks Res12345. His passport was issued mid-2015, so not very old.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The e600 visitors visa was granted this afternoon, after filing last Thursday evening. Insanely fast since they said it could be 36 days, and we are so grateful that my husband can at least visit Australia while we wait for the 309/100 to come through. The granted him 6-month visitor visa with in/out privileges.

2121 - 2140 of 3862 Posts