Australia Forum banner
2361 - 2380 of 3867 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
We uploaded everything for both us within a week of our initial application last August, including his clearances. I believe when our number is up, they'll look at the application all at once. From what Ive read, junior workers review stuff as it comes in and make requests over time for what might be missing. Other than that, its no communicado until that golden email. I haven't seen any movement or approvals for the folks on here form the US for quite a long time. Would love to know why and what are average appoval times are for just this country. So much to plan, so hard when you haven't a clue.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We uploaded everything for both us within a week of our initial application last August, including his clearances. I believe when our number is up, they'll look at the application all at once. From what Ive read, junior workers review stuff as it comes in and make requests over time for what might be missing. Other than that, its no communicado until that golden email. I haven't seen any movement or approvals for the folks on here form the US for quite a long time. Would love to know why and what are average appoval times are for just this country. So much to plan, so hard when you haven't a clue.
I've struggled with the slow pace of the Washington embassy... the DIBP actually rolled into the new super Department of Home Affairs just last month, so this could also be a reason for the slow pace, as the departments merge. But it doesn't make sense why London can approve people in weeks and the US takes months to a year... I just don't get it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've struggled with the slow pace of the Washington embassy... the DIBP actually rolled into the new super Department of Home Affairs just last month, so this could also be a reason for the slow pace, as the departments merge. But it doesn't make sense why London can approve people in weeks and the US takes months to a year... I just don't get it.
Thus waiting sucks. So ready to get on with our lives. It's tough to plan things like relocating dogs etc. when we have no idea about timelines. They should publish timelines for each embassy and not this global mambo-jambo. Looking back through this thread, it does seem like dec/jan are slower months, but I don't recall any approvals or even contact from the embassy since late November. Maybe there are people viewing this thread who aren't members in the forum, who have heard?? Anyone out there?? Haha. All in due course I guess :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
It sucks. So ready to get on with our lives. It's tough to plan things like relocating dogs etc. when we have no idea about timelines. They should publish timelines for each embassy and not this global mambo-jambo. Looking back through this thread, it does seem like dec/jan are slower months, but I don't recall any approvals or even contact from the embassy since late November. Maybe there are people viewing this thread who aren't members in the forum, who have heard?? Anyone out there?? Haha
I agree completely with "They should publish timelines for each embassy and not this global mambo-jambo". There's just too much guessing involved. I REALLY wish I had news to add to help fill people with some hope.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was looking through the Aus Embassy website. It looks like there are currently two open positions for visa processing officers which close on Feb 26. Maybe this could explain the slower visa movement as of late through DC..? At least we have the 11-15 months current wait time to go off of :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
My husband's was approved in December. They may have reached the unofficial number of approvals for this financial year. When we applied in Dec 2016, absolutely no communication was coming from Washington D.C. for anyone until the new financial year, remembering the Australian financial year runs from July to end of June.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My husband's was approved in December. They may have reached the unofficial number of approvals for this financial year. When we applied in Dec 2016, absolutely no communication was coming from Washington D.C. for anyone until the new financial year, remembering the Australian financial year runs from July to end of June.
Thanks for the info hisbooboo. I know there are limits on certain visas, however there isn't supposed to be a limit on 309/100 or 820/801 partner visas according to the website - I guess that's why you used the word 'unofficial'. There potentially can be though for prospective marriage visa 300. Whenever it's meant to be I guess.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi everyone,
I haven’t posted in a while because there was not much to report. We’re still waiting for the partner visa 309 (submitted Nov 2016), and it’s being processed through Washington DC. A few additional documents were requested in October, including a FBI check for the sponsor. Since my husband is not a US citizen nor a permanent resident this added a few months to our wait. Finally, it looks like we’ll get the FBI check within the next 2 weeks. This will be the last requested document we have to submit.

Does anyone have any experience how long it takes to get the visa granted once all requested documents have been submitted?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in a while because there was not much to report. We're still waiting for the partner visa 309 (submitted Nov 2016), and it's being processed through Washington DC. A few additional documents were requested in October, including a FBI check for the sponsor. Since my husband is not a US citizen nor a permanent resident this added a few months to our wait. Finally, it looks like we'll get the FBI check within the next 2 weeks. This will be the last requested document we have to submit.

Does anyone have any experience how long it takes to get the visa granted once all requested documents have been submitted?
Hey mate, I was wondering how you were getting on. I'm sorry you have had more delays, hopefully the end is near.

They contacted us within a week of uploading requested info to tell my husband to leave Australia for the grant, but this was also when Washington D.C. was being a little more active, it appears they have quietened down again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for your response hisbooboo. I’m hoping it will take a week once we’ve submitted the FBI check but we’ll see how it goes. I’ve told the case officer that I’m already outside of the country so that the visa can be granted as soon as possible. I’ll post an update as soon as I have one.

Reactions: hisbooboo

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey everyone,
Also no new info here.
Applied 309 april 30
I was just in australia on a tourist visa for 2 months. was nervous a CO might try and contact me while i was only on an australian sim card. When you guys get contact is it via email always? has anyone ever experienced it going to spam folder? just making myself nervous for probably no reason.

Still yet to do my medical, however everything else is front loaded.

My partner, the sponsor, did his AFP check and it will soon expire. I know it was recently discussed, but does anyone have any info about requirements soon expiring? anything positive other than "just do it again"

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi nyctoaus,
my experience was that once I received the first communication (after 11 months) it was pretty clear it had arrived in my email. In my case they send a request for additional documents for the sponsor in Oct last year. The request was sent via email and also showed in my Immiaccount. For that Immiaccount update I also got a email notification. It’s probably good to regularly keep an eye on the junk mail folder and to keep the phone number up to date, just in case.

Regarding the a new AFP it’s difficult to say and totally up to you. If you want to get a new one, just to have it up your sleeve just in case they ask for it, then do it since it’s so easy. I can only share the positive experience that my CO didn’t request a new medical check when mine ”expired” in Dec 2017 but those kind of descisions are at the discretion of each CO.

Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
We got our first correspondence from Washington DC today!!!
They requested more info.

Our timeline for PMV 300
Lodged from USA 19th March 2017
Medical clearance November 2017
Police clearance (applicant) January 2018
Request for more info 20th February 2018

Information requested
-applicant FBI clearance
-sponsor police check
-certified copy of applicant birth certificate
-NOIM

Best of luck to everyone else waiting on Washington DC too :)
Nicole

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm so excited for you nicole-PMV300. I hope everything goes through smoothly and fast for you.
Can someone please answer this question:
I did an FBI clearance for the police check. Do I have to do something on a state level too?

Reactions: #62Aussie

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm so excited for you nicole-PMV300. I hope everything goes through smoothly and fast for you.
Can someone please answer this question:
I did an FBI clearance for the police check. Do I have to do something on a state level too?
Thanks so much MJAus!2018 :)
In one of the documents I received from immigration today, there's a sentence that says "Applicants currently living in the United States must obtain both a State-wide police clearance AND an FBI clearance in their current name and any other name they are, or have previously been known by." ...hope that helps!
Hope everything goes quickly and smoothly for you too!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats Nicole! Awesome to hear of movement through DC! Good luck with the rest of it and thanks for the quick update on here :)

MJAus- we submitted an FBI and state police clearance. We are currently living in the states.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for that info Skyblue and Nicole. I submitted FBI and local police checks, went ahead and just applied for the state one as well. Congrats Nicole! So glad they're actually alive at the embassy lol!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi nyctoaus,
my experience was that once I received the first communication (after 11 months) it was pretty clear it had arrived in my email. In my case they send a request for additional documents for the sponsor in Oct last year. The request was sent via email and also showed in my Immiaccount. For that Immiaccount update I also got a email notification. It's probably good to regularly keep an eye on the junk mail folder and to keep the phone number up to date, just in case.

Regarding the a new AFP it's difficult to say and totally up to you. If you want to get a new one, just to have it up your sleeve just in case they ask for it, then do it since it's so easy. I can only share the positive experience that my CO didn't request a new medical check when mine "expired" in Dec 2017 but those kind of descisions are at the discretion of each CO.

Good luck!
thanks so much SWEDE! ya we will most likely cave and just do the check again. all the stuff i see on here i always just assume the worst like i lost an email and everything will go wrong. ha

CONGRATS NICOLE! and now that i see there is a march contact i think i should organize my medical soon.

And i see the link about state police checks, but before my holiday i went to the police station and they kept telling me they only organized fbi ones?!?

2361 - 2380 of 3867 Posts