Australia Forum banner
2661 - 2680 of 3867 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Submitted payment online and have then uploaded the documents (form 80, 888 etc). It is now just a waiting game till we get contacted by case officer ie: won't get any email confirming receipt of the documents uploaded etc.

And good luck to all those waiting - hopefully after the new financial year that things will speed up.

Also I am still a little confused as to what police certificate I need if I am living in NY. The federal one makes sense- either via FBI or FBI approved outsourced agencies. But local police certificate am a bit confused how to go about doing this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but we got married last year in Australia and I planned to change my name once I got back to the States. Well life got busy and long story short, I never got around to it. Now I've actually got a little bit of spare time and would like to take my husbands last name. Problem is we've already lodged our 309 application in my maiden name and am not sure if it will complicate the whole thing or how I should go about informing immigration... any advice?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Submitted payment online and have then uploaded the documents (form 80, 888 etc). It is now just a waiting game till we get contacted by case officer ie: won't get any email confirming receipt of the documents uploaded etc.

And good luck to all those waiting - hopefully after the new financial year that things will speed up.

Also I am still a little confused as to what police certificate I need if I am living in NY. The federal one makes sense- either via FBI or FBI approved outsourced agencies. But local police certificate am a bit confused how to go about doing this.
I applied from Tennessee, and did the FBI check, then local police station. Then I read a post on here I think from Skybrewer regarding state checks. There was a link provided, but if you google NY state background check, they'll tell you how to go about it. Tennessee was online, and they mailed to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good Morning All!

New member here. My wife is an AUS citizen and we have been married 2 years as of March 2018 and living on the East Coast here in the States. We began dating in June 2014 and did long distance for about a year or so though we've known each other since 2012. We have submitted and paid for the Partner Visa as of May 25, 2018 and now have an action requirement to arrange my health examinations. I have my exam appointment scheduled for July 16 in New York as it's the closest location to us. Has anyone else also received notice to arrange health examinations so quickly after lodging the application? I've seen a few posts going around and noticed a lot of folks didn't have any updates for quite a while and/or didn't do their health examinations until a few months after submitting the application as they hadn't received notice to arrange the exam. Just curious if this was normal or if receiving notification to arrange the exam so soon after submitting was out of the ordinary. I have a lot of our evidence and proof of relationship already gathered as we also had to compile similar documentations when we had applied for a K1 Visa here in the states prior to us getting married but I've been holding off uploading any documents to my IMMI Account in the event that I shouldn't just yet be doing that. Any suggestions or advice anyone can provide? We're both ready to be living in Australia and starting this next phase of our lives together so we're hoping the next few months fly by quickly and it's as smooth of a process as possible. We've already gone through a Visa Approval Process (K1 Visa) before here so we're very familiar with the long waiting game though we got somewhat lucky that time and everything was completed, from lodging to approval, in 6.5 months.

Good luck to everyone else also waiting on their Visa grant!

-Figs

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Good Morning All!

New member here. My wife is an AUS citizen and we have been married 2 years as of March 2018 and living on the East Coast here in the States. We began dating in June 2014 and did long distance for about a year or so though we've known each other since 2012. We have submitted and paid for the Partner Visa as of May 25, 2018 and now have an action requirement to arrange my health examinations. I have my exam appointment scheduled for July 16 in New York as it's the closest location to us. Has anyone else also received notice to arrange health examinations so quickly after lodging the application? I've seen a few posts going around and noticed a lot of folks didn't have any updates for quite a while and/or didn't do their health examinations until a few months after submitting the application as they hadn't received notice to arrange the exam. Just curious if this was normal or if receiving notification to arrange the exam so soon after submitting was out of the ordinary. I have a lot of our evidence and proof of relationship already gathered as we also had to compile similar documentations when we had applied for a K1 Visa here in the states prior to us getting married but I've been holding off uploading any documents to my IMMI Account in the event that I shouldn't just yet be doing that. Any suggestions or advice anyone can provide? We're both ready to be living in Australia and starting this next phase of our lives together so we're hoping the next few months fly by quickly and it's as smooth of a process as possible. We've already gone through a Visa Approval Process (K1 Visa) before here so we're very familiar with the long waiting game though we got somewhat lucky that time and everything was completed, from lodging to approval, in 6.5 months.

Good luck to everyone else also waiting on their Visa grant!

-Figs
Was it an email request by a CO to do the medical with a 28 day deadline?

Everyone gets the online notice that the medical needs to be done. That notice tells you to do the questionnaire in immi that leads to the pdf with the HAPID. This isn't a formal request for the medical but rather an automatic thing. If this is what you're referring, doing your medical this early on may mean you'll need to complete one again as US times are likely to take over 12 months or if you get your grant in under 12 months, you may not have much time to enter (enter by date based on either police check or medical expiring, whichever is first).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was it an email request by a CO to do the medical with a 28 day deadline?

Everyone gets the online notice that the medical needs to be done. That notice tells you to do the questionnaire in immi that leads to the pdf with the HAPID. This isn't a formal request for the medical but rather an automatic thing. If this is what you're referring, doing your medical this early on may mean you'll need to complete one again as US times are likely to take over 12 months or if you get your grant in under 12 months, you may not have much time to enter (enter by date based on either police check or medical expiring, whichever is first).
Thank you so much for the clarification! I was having trouble finding a straightforward answer so this was incredibly helpful. I'll go ahead and wait until the CO has been assigned and a medical is requested before going forward with one. In the meantime, are there any issues with uploading our documented evidence to our account or should that be held off as well until a CO gets in contact and requests specific information?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Thank you so much for the clarification! I was having trouble finding a straightforward answer so this was incredibly helpful. I'll go ahead and wait until the CO has been assigned and a medical is requested before going forward with one. In the meantime, are there any issues with uploading our documented evidence to our account or should that be held off as well until a CO gets in contact and requests specific information?
No, you definitely need to upload all the required documents and evidence when you apply bar the police checks and medical. If you don't submit anything, they could just refuse the visa. Immigration only recommends waiting for a request on police checks and medicals because processing times may exceed their validity of 12 months. Technically that's all they have to request from you so make sure you follow the checklist on their website and upload everything required.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys, wanted to see if this update was just on my account or does everyone have the same message. Under the messages section in the immi account it now states "Correspondence for this application is currently being sent to the Primary Applicant at the following email address" and it shows my email address. I have not received any correspondence or messages so just wanted to check with everyone. Thanks

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hey guys, wanted to see if this update was just on my account or does everyone have the same message. Under the messages section in the immi account it now states "Correspondence for this application is currently being sent to the Primary Applicant at the following email address" and it shows my email address. I have not received any correspondence or messages so just wanted to check with everyone. Thanks
Check your IMMI account correspondence. See if there's anything listed there. Sometimes the emails don't go through for whatever reason...but IMMI doesn't take responsibility for that. If there's nothing there, contact them to ask about the correspondence they say they emailed. You have to be proactive on it, because as I said, they do not take responsibility for non-received notifications/requests. Best of luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm pretty sure my account has always said that under "Messages." If there is nothing new in the "List of Correspondence" then I don't think you missed a message in your email inbox.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I'm pretty sure my account has always said that under "Messages." If there is nothing new in the "List of Correspondence" then I don't think you missed a message in your email inbox.
Not necessarily true. Some people get the same email correspondence in their immi account but I never did for either partner visa. Only things that ever showed in immi were acknowledgment of app received and grant letters.

I missed an email from the department because they put ".cm" instead of ".com" in my and my partner's email addresses. Fortunately got another email a month later from a different CO forwarding the original email. Neither of those showed in my immi account.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does your immi account currently show the same message? We tried reaching out to the Washington DC office and were told that they do not handle Visas anymore, we have to call the Aussie number to enquire about visas.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does your immi account currently show the same message? We tried reaching out to the Washington DC office and were told that they do not handle Visas anymore, we have to call the Aussie number to enquire about visas.
Our immiaccount shows the same under messages. It's said that ever since we can remember and we applied April 2017.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Our immiaccount shows the same under messages. It's said that ever since we can remember and we applied April 2017.
Thanks for confirming Mattsfoot. I was getting excited for a second. Weird though as we applied in July 17 and ours never said that. Hmm oh well. Thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for confirming Mattsfoot. I was getting excited for a second. Weird though as we applied in July 17 and ours never said that. Hmm oh well. Thanks again
Hey Everyone!

I've spent quite a bit of time reviewing this thread - fantastic information and great community.

My wife and I applied in September 2017. No communication yet.

Words can't properly illustrate how excited we are for a response. We've missed out on a plethora of life events enjoyed by our Oz fam. As it approaches 1 year from when the 309 was lodged (currently 9 months) the days seem to go by much slower. I've never wanted pods more! And of course i'm referring to the snickers variety - not tide!

Has anyone made an interim trip back to straya while waiting for their 309 to come through? It seems that could help massage the wait time. At the same time, I wouldn't want to be over there when the visa's granted

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Hey Everyone!

I've spent quite a bit of time reviewing this thread - fantastic information and great community.

My wife and I applied in September 2017. No communication yet.

Words can't properly illustrate how excited we are for a response. We've missed out on a plethora of life events enjoyed by our Oz fam. As it approaches 1 year from when the 309 was lodged (currently 9 months) the days seem to go by much slower. I've never wanted pods more! And of course i'm referring to the snickers variety - not tide!

Has anyone made an interim trip back to straya while waiting for their 309 to come through? It seems that could help massage the wait time. At the same time, I wouldn't want to be over there when the visa's granted
The visa won't be granted while you're onshore. If you are onshore when they're ready to finalize it, they simply send you an email asking you to go offshore so they can do so. You don't have to go back to the US either.

I was onshore on an ETA while waiting and was asked to leave for finalization. We already had a trip to Asia planned so we just sent that itinerary so they knew when I'd be leaving Oz. They granted the visa the day I left, though they recommend being out for 3-5 days to give time for delays.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So is the consensus that the DC office has "shut down" till the new financial year? A brief flurry of activity and we seem to be back to the status quo. We are nearly at 16 months now... like a lot of others this has been a long wait, and approaching double what we expected (boldly assumed that with our clean non-crinimal history we would be approved inside 9 months i.e. 75% of applicants at time of application)

The inconsistencies from country to country, sporadicalness of responses and complete lack of accountability are still staggering to me. If I had our time again there would be no hesitation in completing an onshore application- fortunately there willl not be a next time. I strongly advise anyone and everyone that an onshore application will allow you to live and contribute to society in Australia much sooner than the 309 offshore application.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So is the consensus that the DC office has "shut down" till the new financial year? A brief flurry of activity and we seem to be back to the status quo. We are nearly at 16 months now... like a lot of others this has been a long wait, and approaching double what we expected (boldly assumed that with our clean non-crinimal history we would be approved inside 9 months i.e. 75% of applicants at time of application)

The inconsistencies from country to country, sporadicalness of responses and complete lack of accountability are still staggering to me. If I had our time again there would be no hesitation in completing an onshore application- fortunately there willl not be a next time. I strongly advise anyone and everyone that an onshore application will allow you to live and contribute to society in Australia much sooner than the 309 offshore application.
my partner and I are completely gutted after the new times posted as well. we also have zero criminal history, have lived together for over a year and a half collectively and are legally married in the US for 2 years now. and when we applied it was the same time frame as you.

13-18 months means we now have to change more plans and flights and work schedules...

hopefully some good news comes from somewhere soon.

does anyone know the last person to be granted a visa here? how long ago

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does anyone know if it's likely/possibly that these times will decrease over the next 6 months? I thought we were half way there but I guess not 😞
Nyctoaus and Redleg, we also have no crim history etc. It sucks but we're at the stage where we don't even really check immiaccount as much as we used to. I think the last person we saw a grant for through DC was Aussienyank back on or about April 26.

Ash22 - the wait times have been all over the place since we applied in April 2017. It's gone from ~9-13 months to 13-18 months and back down and back up again. The wait times really don't help much as they change every month. Wait times listed are actually useless. The only way they would be useful is if the times were set and DIPB had to stick to a certain timeframe which sadly isn't the case.

Hopefully we all hear/get grants in July...:)

2661 - 2680 of 3867 Posts