Australia Forum banner

2761 - 2780 of 3862 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi,

Please update if anyone (who received "Application in progress" email) has got the visa grant.
Users Redleg33 (Applied March 2017), Mattsfoot (applied April 2017), Ronniedee (applied April 2017), A+K_OZ (applied May 2017), Aztec (applied June 2017) and me (Applied June 2017) all received the "application in progress" email on July 1st or 2nd.

Of those, everyone but me and Aztec has posted that their visa is granted. Aztec only has one post on these forums so who knows if they have any update or not.

So, it seems like the email is a good sign and maybe it means they are looking at your application? Who knows.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Users Redleg33 (Applied March 2017), Mattsfoot (applied April 2017), Ronniedee (applied April 2017), A+K_OZ (applied May 2017), Aztec (applied June 2017) and me (Applied June 2017) all received the "application in progress" email on July 1st or 2nd.

Of those, everyone but me and Aztec has posted that their visa is granted. Aztec only has one post on these forums so who knows if they have any update or not.

So, it seems like the email is a good sign and maybe it means they are looking at your application? Who knows.
Your are still waiting for your visa grant???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Your are still waiting for your visa grant???
Yes, I am still waiting. Did you apply from the USA? I believe that timelines can be different if you applied from a different country. This thread is specifically for people who applied from the USA. If you applied from somewhere else then you may have a different experience from what you read here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, I am still waiting. Did you apply from the USA? I believe that timelines can be different if you applied from a different country. This thread is specifically for people who applied from the USA. If you applied from somewhere else then you may have a different experience from what you read here.
I applied from Saudi Arabia and received "Application in progress" email on 15.07.2018. I am also waiting.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can you add me to this list as well? We applied for 309 in Nov '17. Thanks!

Not the original list keeper, but I'm trying to avoid my work on this lovely Monday morning, so:

December 2016
SwedeinNYC: granted March 2018

January 2017
Rnnomad: granted 26 March 2018

February 2017
AussieNYank: (300?) granted 26 April 2018
Deebs

March 2017
Nicole-PMV300: granted March 2018
Minesapint: granted 26 March 2018
Cardude151
#62Aussie
Redleg33 (309) granted July 2 2018
Oyetoba

April 2017
Mattsfoot (309) granted July 2, 2018
Ella77 (309): granted 26 March 2018
Ronniedee (309) granted July 5 2018
NYCtoAus (309)

May 2017
A+K_OZ (309) granted July 2 2018

June 2017
chnaveedakhtar (309)
AnnainNYC (300)
NYCSYD18
Space_Dog (309)

July 2017
Dannygolucky (309)
Soccerplr

August 2017
Rdtrip (300)
CBR2011

October 2017
JTeam (309)

November 2017
MJAus!2018 (309)
Julzy (300)

December 2017
MzSkeptica (300)

January 2018
Salmon1411 (309) granted July 6 2018
Ozbound3 (309)

March 2018
JaneoOz

April 2018
YankeeAussie (300)
Pyrite
BeeBee2 (309)
esiyah (309)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anyone seen the new processing times just released? Sigh. I'm so depressed.

Reactions: Patient Job

·
Registered
46 Posts
Anyone seen the new processing times just released? Sigh. I'm so depressed.
What a bummer. I've never found anything official saying if the wait times are for people lodging now vs an updated estimate for applications already received.
The processing time in my immi account still says 12-16mo even though the site says 21-26 (!) for the 309. So I'm hopeful for my sake that the new numbers are for people applying now and not those of us waiting. What's the ETA in your immi account, rdtrp?

Man. I am becoming way too active on these forums, haha.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What a bummer. I've never found anything official saying if the wait times are for people lodging now vs an updated estimate for applications already received.
The processing time in my immi account still says 12-16mo even though the site says 21-26 (!) for the 309. So I'm hopeful for my sake that the new numbers are for people applying now and not those of us waiting. What's the ETA in your immi account, rdtrp?

Oh good thinking, mine says 12-15. Maybe it just hasn't updated yet? I'm hoping too that the increased processing times are for new apps. Lets hope ours stays this way. Haven't seen any movement on 300's yet though since like April...

·
Registered
4,534 Posts

It's a right now thing. Because processing times change, it doesn't matter what it says really when you apply as they don't freeze that processing time for applications. So if it says 10 months when you apply, it could be longer than that once you get to 10 months waiting.

But none of that matters as it's not a window. With 75% processed in the time or less, 90% processed in the second time listed, and 10% can take longer, this means that your processing time can be anywhere from 1 day or more (years even). So no matter how long or short the times take, they will always fall within processing times. Not to mention it's a "global" thing so one generic time frame even though we know certain locations process differently, not like every application goes into the same pool.

So basically what I'm getting at is it's absolutely pointless to track the GPTs and all it's doing is creating unnecessary stress for all of you. Just ignore them and try to distract yourselves with better things in life until the day the golden email arrives.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's a right now thing. Because processing times change, it doesn't matter what it says really when you apply as they don't freeze that processing time for applications. So if it says 10 months when you apply, it could be longer than that once you get to 10 months waiting.

But none of that matters as it's not a window. With 75% processed in the time or less, 90% processed in the second time listed, and 10% can take longer, this means that your processing time can be anywhere from 1 day or more (years even). So no matter how long or short the times take, they will always fall within processing times. Not to mention it's a "global" thing so one generic time frame even though we know certain locations process differently, not like every application goes into the same pool.

So basically what I'm getting at is it's absolutely pointless to track the GPTs and all it's doing is creating unnecessary stress for all of you. Just ignore them and try to distract yourselves with better things in life until the day the golden email arrives.
Very well said! That's actually a very stabilising reply. And it's pointless getting excited about something we can't change or influence. Better to use the energy to do something proactive in the meantime :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes, sorry I realize that. I was lazilly using the shorthand of X-Z as it's laborious to type "75% in X and 90% in Z", and also because I presumed anyone hanging around in here has seen the processing time format a million times. But may have been misleading for anyone new, sorry.

I feel that the processing times are still interesting even though they're only a rough guide. Even without distinguishing between countries, someone has looked at the figurative pile of applications and come up with these new numbers which are a big leap from the last ones. Although it seems that's an ongoing trend, so maybe not so surprising to forum veterans.

But elaborate over-analyis of the data we have and wild speculation ARE my distraction! 😜

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Wasn't correcting the 75% - 90% thing. Just pointing out that an app processed in one day or an app processed in 10 years would still fall into the GPTs lol. And even though they say 75% are done in under whatever time, I'm not sure there's a way to even check so it's kind of a trust thing. For all we know, they roll some die and put random numbers each month just to mess with us :'-D I doubt it but it makes me feel better lol. And this forum is useless as an idea because it's such an insanely small sample size that it can't be an accurate estimation of applicants overall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My husband's 309 partner visa got approved this morning!!!

Applied: March 27, 2017 (offshore from USA)

Request for further information: 14 March, 2018 (husband's Aussie police check, since he was visiting on an ETA at the time and had just passed the 365 day threshold)

Application in progress email: 2 July, 2018

Grant notification: 18 July, 2018

We are so glad that after all this waiting we finally have an outcome. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

·
Registered
67 Posts
While I understand that the processing times are global estimates, for those of us waiting almost a year and have had to make major life changes in preparation for the impending move, its very hard not to follow progress, both negative and positive. Home sales, car arrangements, wedding plans, financial planning are all very hard to time with a complete unknown. For me, regardless of what it is, I'll naturally get excited when the timeline moves, and a bit sad when it stalls. Its all part of the process, and the journey, and yes life goes on, even if its a rollercoaster ride! At least we have virtual waiting room friends to ride it with!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello All! I have read more than I probably should have because now I really know we'll be waiting until atleast next summer for a decision.
I (US citizen) and my husband (Aus citizen) have been married over 10 years with 3 children (all duel citizens). We applied April 15 2018. I saw the request for medical checks right away and got excited so immediately got them done. Now I wish I would have waited. I'm happy to be apart of this chatroom now so I have people who understand how frustrating this is to wait!
Has anyone heard anymore about if DC is still not processing visas?
Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does anyone know what it means when your immi account says 12-16 still but the global times are increasing? people have talked about it before, but is that a glitch in the code on the website or are we actually meant to follow a different shorter time?

2761 - 2780 of 3862 Posts