Australia Forum banner

2901 - 2920 of 3862 Posts

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Exciting news! No not my approval. But we have booked for the family to start our new adventure in Aus! I will be travelling on my ETA that is still valid from our trip this Easter. We leave beginning of Dec!

I think I will get my police check done soon just to have it while I'm here.

Question, where do I advise on the immi account that I will be travelling to Aus? Any other advice anyone has on travelling on an ETA to wait for the approval is APPRECIATED!
Thanks!
I just uploaded my itinerary and a statement saying I would be there from this date to this date and my contact information. I also did the electronic "Update Us" within immi and changed my phone number and address to where I could be reached and where I was staying.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just uploaded my itinerary and a statement saying I would be there from this date to this date and my contact information. I also did the electronic "Update Us" within immi and changed my phone number and address to where I could be reached and where I was staying.
Just curious where did you upload your itinerary to?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello! I'm new here.

My husband and I are just beginning the process for my 309/100 from NYC. We both live here in the States and we're ready to go back to Australia for good.

Really hoping for some lowered processing estimates this week, but at this point, we know not to make any plans - it happens when it happens!
Hi! Welcome to the virtual waiting room! Lol
Gosh I can't wait either for the new processing times!!
Have you already applied?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the virtual waiting room! Lol
Gosh I can't wait either for the new processing times!!
Have you already applied?
They say patience is a virtue ...

We just locked in our lawyer, we've got a good grasp of what is required of us (and a ton of organized evidence as we filed for a Green Card recently) so I dont expect our filing to be too far off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
A question for those still waiting or who have recently had applications approved... When did you receive the email/status change to "application progressing"?

I've seen applications from earlier in June being approved and thought ours could come through at any moment, however I'm starting to get a little nervous. Especially when applications lodged later than ours have something to indicate it might be progressing. Any insight is greatly appreciated!!
im actually curious about this too.
I got them email about application processing, and now i need to decide if I need to go back to the states to work or if its likely to process quickly after

·
Registered
29 Posts
Spouse Visa

Question about this actually: we did the 47SP (applicant's application) online and later realized we needed to do the 40SP as well. So we filled out the 40SP online using the same immi account.

Now they're both listed in the account, but the 47SP (applicant's) says "Received" and the 40SP (sponsor's) has been stuck at "Submitted". Should I be concerned about that?
I filled 40SP on paper manually and uploaded the scanned copy on immi account under sponsor documents. CO has not asked for anything additional.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Spouse Visa

A question for those still waiting or who have recently had applications approved... When did you receive the email/status change to "application progressing"?

We applied June 30th 2017 and have heard nothing since. Our application still has "received" for the status, as it has since the day we submitted.

I've seen applications from earlier in June being approved and thought ours could come through at any moment, however I'm starting to get a little nervous. Especially when applications lodged later than ours have something to indicate it might be progressing. Any insight is greatly appreciated!!
I applied on 28th June 2017. Submitted final documents on 6th June 2018.
Received email" Application progressing" on 15 July 2018 and since then no response from department. Waiting for approval of my visa.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm going to be applying for a Work & Holiday visa very soon!! Does anyone have any advice or experiences?

It's been about 9 months since application of my 309, so I want to get this 462 secured before there is any chance of processing overlap. Assuming that the new processing times are legit (which we sadly are), this should give me the year until 309 approval.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all!!!! New to forum. Just a quick question. I've seen people ask if visa was lodged in the US. Me and my partner have an immigration agent in Sydney that lodged our visa app. So I'm confused as to where it was filed. I was pretty excited before i stumbled onto this forum as I've seen on other forums a wait of 6-10 months on approvals for subclass 300 visas, yet on this forum people have been waiting over 12 to 16 months for app to even be seen by an immigration officer. Is this actually the norm?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all!!!! New to forum. Just a quick question. I've seen people ask if visa was lodged in the US. Me and my partner have an immigration agent in Sydney that lodged our visa app. So I'm confused as to where it was filed. I was pretty excited before i stumbled onto this forum as I've seen on other forums a wait of 6-10 months on approvals for subclass 300 visas, yet on this forum people have been waiting over 12 to 16 months for app to even be seen by an immigration officer. Is this actually the norm?
It was "filed" via the embassy in Washington. But, from what i understand, all visa processing is now being done in Australia. However, your embassy of contact will be Washington. You'll likely not hear anything from them, unless they want more docs from you. processing times for 300s are currently 75% processed in 18 months. this doesn't mean you'll wait the full 18 months (could be longer!). just sit tight and settle in for a lengthy wait. Things could change. they could also get a lot worse if the political situation changes. Welcome to Australia.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Where is your usual country of residence?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm from the U.S. I'm living in San Diego right now. I figured it was going to be awhile. Me and my partner have been together for 5 1/2 years. Lived together for 4 of those years. Agent says there's no doubt about genuine and ongoing relationship, so thank god for having enough proof on that end. She told us we submitted a "decision ready" application, but in no way does that mean a speedy approval. Just a little disheartened to hear about long processing times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We submitted our application on July 23, 2017 and just received the "application progressing" email this past Sunday (August 19). Fingers crossed this means we are close!

A question for those still waiting or who have recently had an applications approved... When did you receive the email/status change to "application progressing"?

We applied June 30th 2017 and have heard nothing since. Our application still has "received" for the status, as it has since the day we submitted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve seen on other partner threads people positing that their application went from “received” straight to “finalised” and others that changed to “further assessment” almost immediately after they submitted. Now I’m not sure that the status on each application is any indication of its progress...

In good news, the processing time has decreased from last month to 14-17 months. There’s quite a few of us from around June 2017 (14 months) waiting. Hopefully approvals will start rolling in very soon!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
It’s gone quiet again. Anyone heard of grants coming from Washington lately? I’ve seen a handful come through on Facebook but no Americans that I’ve noticed...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Forgive my ignorance.... I thought PMV was sent in directly and not through Washington? What am I missing here? I am just starting the process and dont want to get anything wrong. I have an IMMI account and been uploading.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's gone quiet again. Anyone heard of grants coming from Washington lately? I've seen a handful come through on Facebook but no Americans that I've noticed...
We just got our first contact from immi this morning (other than the seemingly automated "progressing" email). They want my (sponsor's) US state background check. I had submitted federal but hadn't read anything saying they'd want the state level too. I guess it's probably since I've been in the US so long.

I'm really mad at myself for not submitting it earlier "just in case", and also worried that we've been put back on the bottom of a pile now. I've seen a lot of people waiting a good 2 months or more after they submit additional information. My work contract expires in two months...

But I guess it's good news for the bunch of us overall as it means the US 309s are being worked on!

P.S. The letterhead does say Australian Embassy, Washington.

2901 - 2920 of 3862 Posts