Australia Forum banner

3661 - 3680 of 3862 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, this "further assessment" stage has honestly been more stressful for me than just waiting after initial submission.

They also haven't ever updated the time frames this month to show July processing times, wonder why the delay.
Super annoyed the global processing times haven't been updated! It has to be any day now.

I find it's so much harder to plan for anything when you're in the further assessment phase. We had stated in our application that we meet up every 3-4 months which for us the next visit would be this Sept/Oct but since the RFI earlier this month, we're not sure what to do about an Autumn trip, much less booking a return flight for Christmas. It could be granted on the final day of the RFI deadline or 6 months from now. We applied in March 2019 so I wasn't expecting a grant prior to February 2020 but have seen so many people get partner grants from the US lately on much shorter time frames. Oh, what to do!?!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, this "further assessment" stage has honestly been more stressful for me than just waiting after initial submission.

They also haven't ever updated the time frames this month to show July processing times, wonder why the delay.
Super annoyed the global processing times haven't been updated! It has to be any day now.

I find it's so much harder to plan for anything when you're in the further assessment phase. We had stated in our application that we meet up every 3-4 months which for us the next visit would be this Sept/Oct but since the RFI earlier this month, we're not sure what to do about an Autumn trip, much less booking a return flight for Christmas. It could be granted on the final day of the RFI deadline or 6 months from now. We applied in March 2019 so I wasn't expecting a grant prior to February 2020 but have seen so many people get partner grants from the US lately on much shorter time frames. Oh, what to do!?!
You and I are in the exact same boat! We booked flights for November and December and notified them on our application, so I'm hoping something comes through before then, but who even knows!

It's so tough dealing with this stress, glad to have people here who understand it. <3

·
Registered
78 Posts
You and I are in the exact same boat! We booked flights for November and December and notified them on our application, so I'm hoping something comes through before then, but who even knows!

It's so tough dealing with this stress, glad to have people here who understand it. <3
When you say you "notified them on our application", did you do a "change of circumstances"? I've heard that updating Immigration that way can "ping" them into reviewing your application especially when there's been an RFI.

You and I applied the same month so here's hoping we both get grants before the end of the year (or sooner)! :) My fiance is in Perth and I'm in the middle of the US which means ~34 hours travel from my door to his. I wish he lived in Sydney/Brissy and I lived in LA....life would be much more manageable!

·
Registered
28 Posts
When you say you "notified them on our application", did you do a "change of circumstances"? I've heard that updating Immigration that way can "ping" them into reviewing your application especially when there's been an RFI.

You and I applied the same month so here's hoping we both get grants before the end of the year (or sooner)! :) My fiance is in Perth and I'm in the middle of the US which means ~34 hours travel from my door to his. I wish he lived in Sydney/Brissy and I lived in LA....life would be much more manageable!
yes, that is what i did! it just had me complete a little paragraph about what has changed, so i put that information and then attached copies of our plane tickets. i'm hoping they will at least approve it by the time we fly back over in december, that would be awesome!

my fiance lives outside of sydney and i'm in KY, he's flying over in november to see some of my family and then do our engagement party and stuff with all my people before we go back. we haven't seen each other since i was there in feb and left the 1st of march, so this has been rough!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Applied on the 12th of June, 2019, just got our first RFI on Wednesday, they're basically asking for the entire rest of the application as we haven't uploaded heaps of stuff (we thought we'd have a bit more time, we have it organized, just need to scan and upload stuff, do my partner's side of the application, and do the medicals.) We'll have been together for a two and a half years in September, been living together in Australia for two years. The main stress we'll have is getting my partner approved as a sponsor, he has a significant criminal record (been imprisoned 3 times for a total of 15 months, nothing violent or drug-related though.) We can't afford an agent, so all we can do is get a heap of statements from friends and family, he's going to write a lengthy statement explaining how his life has changed since he last offended (9 years in November) and explain why he got in trouble, etc. I will also provide a statement about how he's a great person and he's come so far since those times, completely changed his life around, he's a wonderful partner and they don't have to worry about him in a domestic violence sense and he's not going to re-offend. A lot to do, and it may not be enough, but we don't have a choice. :(

·
Registered
78 Posts
The main stress we'll have is getting my partner approved as a sponsor, he has a significant criminal record (been imprisoned 3 times for a total of 15 months, nothing violent or drug-related though.) We can't afford an agent, so all we can do is get a heap of statements from friends and family, he's going to write a lengthy statement explaining how his life has changed since he last offended (9 years in November) and explain why he got in trouble, etc. (
That must be stressful for you both. Did he have a parole officer or have to serve any community service? Did he go through any schooling or career counseling when rebuilding his life all those years ago? I have no experience with this subject but just my first thoughts would be to reach out to anyone in his life that might be in the category of community organizer, volunteer director, religious leader, parole officer, career counselor, mental health counselor, teacher, employers, neighbors who he might have done a kind deed for, or local political counsel members he may know to write some stat decs about his journey to the person he is today. Save the friends and family 888 stat decs for your relationship evidence. Just my two cents. Best of luck!

·
Registered
78 Posts
March 2018
JaneoOz (309/100) granted 31 May 2019
Katemdf (309/100): granted 12 March 2019
Watever16 (309): granted June 2019
Paigey0110 (309): granted 8 March 2019
Tony121 (309): granted 14 March 2019, via Santiago consulate
Alf2018: granted 12 March 2019

April 2018*(309 processing time was 10 / 13 months)
YankeeAussie (300): granted 20 March 2019
Pyrite (300): granted 5 February 2019
BeeBee2 (309/100): granted 13 March 2019
esiyah (309): granted 21 March 2019
KTE711 (309): grant 21 March 2019

May 2018*(309 processing time was 12 / 16 months)
Carcrashearts (309/100) granted 30 May 2019
May88 (300): granted 25 March 2019
wembacr (300) – granted 03 April 2019

June 2018*(309 processing time was 13 / 18 months)
Wazza100 (309): granted 8 August 2019
aussieinamurka (309/100): granted 8 August 2019

August 2018
Luvv72 (300) - granted 11 July 2019

September 2018
Nyctombe (309) - granted 20 August 2019
Benddd – (309) – granted 12 August 2019

November 2018
LWaiting (309/100) - RFI on July 30, 2019

January 2019
Mreu- (309) granted 17 August 2019

February 2019
Togekip (300) - granted 31 July 2019

March 2019
WA_Wannabe (300) - RFI 6 August 2019
e_a (300) – granted 30AUG2019

April 2019
lv85 (300) - RFI 16 August 2019

May 2019
alpinpapillion (309/100) - RFI 26 August 2019

August 2019
alexthewhovian (309/100) - RFI 19 Sept 2019

·
Registered
28 Posts
oh my goodness guys, after being constantly stressed out, i just got the email that our 300 is approved!!! i'm so happy guys. <3
OMG!!!!! I'm thrilled for you and freaking out myself since we were the same month! You must be shocked! When's your enter date?
thank you!!! Honestly you have to be getting yours any time now I would think! My entry day is by May 2020, I assume since I got my medical done in May of this year. I was shaking when I logged in and it said finalized. So surreal!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats!!Do they send an email or did you have to login to the immiaccount to find out?
when i applied, i had put my fiance's email in as an additional person to correspond with not realizing it would make him the only person it sent emails to LOL. i tried to update it in the account, but they never changed it back, so i just checked immiaccount non-stop.

·
Registered
78 Posts
when i applied, i had put my fiance's email in as an additional person to correspond with not realizing it would make him the only person it sent emails to LOL. i tried to update it in the account, but they never changed it back, so i just checked immiaccount non-stop.
I did the same thing! My fiance is in Perth (+14 hours) so I have to log-in to check as well. :) I try to only do it once a week but now it'll probably be twice a day!

·
Registered
40 Posts
My partner and I just applied and paid for her 309/100 visa tonight! All the documents and police checks have already been submitted, we just need to do a medical. She's from Texas; any idea on a timeframe for US applications? Should we do the medical ASAP, or when it's requested by a CO?

·
Registered
78 Posts
My partner and I just applied and paid for her 309/100 visa tonight! All the documents and police checks have already been submitted, we just need to do a medical. She's from Texas; any idea on a timeframe for US applications? Should we do the medical ASAP, or when it's requested by a CO?
If you look back just a few posts, you'll see all the recent USA partner visa grants.

There's lots of info on this forum regarding when to do meds/police checks because it's a matter of preference and a calculated risk. As an offshore/US applicant myself, I waited three months then did it without being asked. You run the risk of it expiring if your application isn't granted within one year so you might have to pay and have it done again.

3661 - 3680 of 3862 Posts