Australia Forum banner
3821 - 3840 of 3879 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Joined the queue

Just submitted application (resident in USA) and will start uploading documentation. We've been living overseas ever since the start of our relationship. Ready for the long wait...

Timeline:
Feb 2004 - start of relationship
Dec 2005 - started living together (de facto)
Dec 2009 - got married (in Australia)
13 Sep 2020 - submitted 309/100 visa application

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sure thing.

We actually just replied to the RFI we received in August of 2019. When we received that email it was 'from' a Case Officer, and although the email itself was from the general correspondence address, if you clicked reply (in Gmail at least) it would automatically fill with a different address. I don't feel comfortable sharing that address, but if you received an RFI it should fill it for you.

Our situations may be a bit different as we waited until we were requested to complete our Medical Examination. As such, the body of my email largely referenced how they had asked for it one year ago, and given it was set to expire we requested they review our case prior to their expiration.

See above, if you have received an RFI you can simply 'reply' to that email.
Congratulationsss!!! thats great news
I'm just wondering about the medical examination, ours was requested from IMMIaccount directly, so we dont really have someone who emailed us.:confused:
not sure why was it like that ... I wish they had emailed us

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any news on 309s

Hi all

Seems like its pretty quiet on the 309 processing out of DC. We applied in April last year and just got the 18month automated reply. Reading different forums it looks like 309's are processing at about 20% of previous levels. Im intrigued to know if there is a big batch sitting ready for visas (once borders open) or if all processing is on hold. (You would like to think if things are just waiting for borders to be opened again that any visas to be declined would still be moving (IE notifications being sent out) and folks not having to be disappointed when things open up again)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally

Hi everyone,

I know how much I checked this forum when I was waiting so I will make sure to post my good news!

I was finally granted my 309! It's not as if I can travel yet anyways thanks to COVID but at least I feel the relief of being approved. Just wanted you all to know that applications ARE still being approved. Hopefully Australia, as well as everything else, begins opening back up soon.

No Agent
Submitted: September 8th, 2019
RFI: September 20th, 2019
All Documents Uploaded Including Medicals: Mid October 2019
Visa 309 Grant Notice: September 4th, 2020

Every few months I made sure to upload any job, income, or address changes as well as any new pictures together.

A few extra tidbits that I always looked for in others' comments.

We've been together 7 years now. Long distance for around 5 with visiting each other every 6 months. I lived in Australia for a year on a work and travel visa from 2017-2018. Then we both came back together to go live in the US. My now husband (Australian) came on a US Fiance Visa in August 2018 and we married in September 2018. After living in the US we both realized that we were happier in Australia. We've now been married for 2 years and can't wait to begin the rest of our lives in Australia for good!

Your approvals will come soon. Please don't give up hope! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. Need advice on what to do to cancel a visa.

My then-partner was applying for the Aus visa from the US (offshore, 309/100). I filled in everything on her behalf. We applied August last year but we split up end of April this year and the 309 was approved in mid May. I haven't had the heart to do anything about it since, but obviously it's not going to be used, she's staying over there because we're not together anymore. Do I have to cancel it (I can't upload new documents) or do I just leave it to expire? Cheers.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hi all. Need advice on what to do to cancel a visa.

My then-partner was applying for the Aus visa from the US (offshore, 309/100). I filled in everything on her behalf. We applied August last year but we split up end of April this year and the 309 was approved in mid May. I haven't had the heart to do anything about it since, but obviously it's not going to be used, she's staying over there because we're not together anymore. Do I have to cancel it (I can't upload new documents) or do I just leave it to expire? Cheers.
You can't cancel it you need to notify the department of the split. It's in the grant docs how to go about it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for posting, encouraging news that some applications are still going through < 12 months. Where did you apply?
Applied online, but while US resident. Moved to Canada two months ago and submitted change of circumstances in system, so don't actually know whether it was processed in Washington DC, Ottawa, or in Australia proper.

honestly given I'd moved to .ca I was worried they would ask for .ca police checks but since we'd just arrived they didn't ask us.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Question on Police Checks

Just received an RFI today for my 309/100 application, less than 2.5 months after submitting. Quite a surprise! We expected the request for an FBI check and a medical (I was planning to do those next year which I thought would be in plenty of time) but they also asked for proof of immigration status (we are in the US on a temporary work visa).

What I did not expect was to get a request for a Louisiana state police check. We lived in Louisiana for 2 years from 2014-2016. My understanding was that state police checks were only required for states we lived in over 3 months in the last 12 months - so I had assumed LA would not be required since it was so long ago. It will be a pain to get so just wondering if anyone else had this experience and whether it might be worth trying to push back against this request?

Thanks!

Timeline:
Feb 2004 - start of relationship
Dec 2005 - started living together (de facto)
Dec 2009 - got married (in Australia)
13 Sep 2020 - submitted 309/100 visa application
25 Nov 2020 - received RFI

·
Super Moderator
2,104 Posts
Just received an RFI today for my 309/100 application, less than 2.5 months after submitting. Quite a surprise! We expected the request for an FBI check and a medical (I was planning to do those next year which I thought would be in plenty of time) but they also asked for proof of immigration status (we are in the US on a temporary work visa).

What I did not expect was to get a request for a Louisiana state police check. We lived in Louisiana for 2 years from 2014-2016. My understanding was that state police checks were only required for states we lived in over 3 months in the last 12 months - so I had assumed LA would not be required since it was so long ago. It will be a pain to get so just wondering if anyone else had this experience and whether it might be worth trying to push back against this request?

Thanks!
Have you included certificates for all the states you have been in within the last 12 months? If so don't Push Back, just ask for clarification as to why they require the clearance

·
Registered
125 Posts
Have you included certificates for all the states you have been in within the last 12 months? If so don't Push Back, just ask for clarification as to why they require the clearance
Yes, the only other state I spent considerable time in is Texas where I have lived since 2016. I already supplied that police check with my original application in September since I was at the DPS anyway to get a new drivers license. Since it was only about $20 I thought I might as well even though I thought it would surely expire before they got to my application.

Thanks for the tip - I have asked for clarification. I can sort everything else within a few weeks but the Louisiana check will take a month or two unless I drive over to Baton Rouge.

3821 - 3840 of 3879 Posts