Australia Forum banner
3841 - 3860 of 3879 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Have you included certificates for all the states you have been in within the last 12 months? If so don't Push Back, just ask for clarification as to why they require the clearance
Quick update for anyone in the same situation - after asking the embassy for clarification and including a link to the departments own web page, the police check for Louisiana is not longer required (State police check if no longer visited in last 12 months).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Waiting...Waiting...

Hi all

Just wondering if there has been much movement...We applied back in April 2019 and apart from a RFI in August 2019....nada.....So we are coming on 20 months. Our application was front loaded. Online it is still in 'submitted' phase....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all

Just wondering if there has been much movement...We applied back in April 2019 and apart from a RFI in August 2019....nada.....So we are coming on 20 months. Our application was front loaded. Online it is still in 'submitted' phase....
We have applied for a 309 (married for 9 years). One complication was that we had to submit for a PIC4007 - Health Cost Waiver. That was over 12 months ago. And subsequent to supplying about 100+ pages of additional info. around compassionate reasons, financial ability, links to Australia etc etc - we notified Immigration that the treatment my wife takes is no longer required (notification via Change in Circumstances message) in July this year.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just received notice that my 309/100 was granted, straight to 100. Just under 3 months from application to grant. RFI (Medical, FBI police check, immigration status), no interview.

DOL : 14 Sep 2020
Processing Office: Washington
RFI: 28 Nov 2020
RFI responded: 9 Dec 2020
Date of Grant: 10 Dec 2020

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just received notice that my 309/100 was granted, straight to 100. Just under 3 months from application to grant. RFI (Medical, FBI police check, immigration status), no interview.

Congratulations !!! Nice to hear things are moving out of the DC office:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All - I'm a US citizen and my partner is a AU citizen, we live/work in MA since May 2019 previously had been in a LDR - Jan 2016. We have a timeline of moving back to AU by 2025 and I thought I'd get a jump start on the application. Hoping for some insight on 2 clarifying questions:

1.) When I apply will I be expected to apply for the 309 then subsequently the 100 after 2 years? I see reports of people getting the 309 +100 off the bat

2.) If I get the 309 can I continue working in the US until I apply for the 100 and are approved? Great to see the quick approvals but we don't have a need to move back ASAP

tldr; When should I apply if our plan is to move back in 2025

Cheers!

·
Registered
23 Posts

Congrats! How long did they give you to enter Australia?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi All - I'm a US citizen and my partner is a AU citizen, we live/work in MA since May 2019 previously had been in a LDR - Jan 2016. We have a timeline of moving back to AU by 2025 and I thought I'd get a jump start on the application. Hoping for some insight on 2 clarifying questions:

1.) When I apply will I be expected to apply for the 309 then subsequently the 100 after 2 years? I see reports of people getting the 309 +100 off the bat

2.) If I get the 309 can I continue working in the US until I apply for the 100 and are approved? Great to see the quick approvals but we don't have a need to move back ASAP

Cheers!
On point 2...Once you get your 309 you can continue to work in the US as long as you want.....but there are a couple of things to consider: 1/ They will give you a date that you must enter Australia by to activate the 5 year limit on the 309. You can enter and then immediately leave. Also after 3 years you can apply for citizenship (dual in your case)....but you must have shown that you have been in Australia for the majority of the time...I can't remember the exact rules but you can look up Australian citizenship application. Im pretty sure the 309 expires after 5 years and you can apply to renew it but the expectation is you will usually apply to become a citizen so you might get questioned why are you continuing to work in the US. Also there could be some complications are applying for Medicare. They may ask for evidence that you are actually resident in Australia (Ie show a notice quitting your job, or selling your house, or purchasing a new house in Australia).....There are lots of others on this thread that might be able to chime in if Im telling you the wrong thing..we are still waiting on my wife (us citizen 309 after 19 months). Im dual US/AUD......feel free to contact me if I can help......(I think the timing is the hardest thing because if you apply and Get a quick turnaround you are subject to the activation date for your visa and then also the 5 year countdown).....hopefully others here can confirm if I got this right or not :)
:eek:

·
Registered
125 Posts
You get the 100 straight away if you have been in a defacto relationship (or married) over 3 years (or 2 with kids). Otherwise, I believe you can apply for the 100 2 years after the original application for the 309.

Yes. You need to enter Australia typically within a year of grant to activate the visa. After 5 years from grant your ability to enter Australia stops without a separate Resident Return Visa so if you are really looking at 2025 you may want to reconsider and wait a liitle.

I would probably wait a few years (I first looked at this visa in 2009 but only applied now for similar reasons) though the risk is always that it gets more difficult, more expensive or could even become impossible.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Did you send an email to the case officer or just click the button in the immi account to say you had supplied everything?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Did you send an email to the case officer or just click the button in the immi account to say you had supplied everything?
I sent a mail but I didn't realise there was a button to click. I had responded by mail to the RFI originally as there was a request in there that I believed was not required and they responded to that. So I just replied to the mail again to confirm that I had supplied the information.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you mind me asking what your flight path is? I know they've just opened up that route from London so I'm wondering if we'll have to literally travel around the world (moreso) to get home. I hate that they're prioritising business class.
Apologies! I would be crossing the pacific ideally (think LAX to BNE or Hawaii to BNE), so we'll also have to fly basically across the world as well if it comes down to it.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Happy New Year !

Hopefully 2021 brings a new round of approvals.

We are still waiting:
Submitted April 2019 (Front loaded),
RFI Aug 2019
Responded to RFI 2019
Occasional Updates to sponsor and applicants details
Change of status at end of December to 'Further Processing'

Im assuming delays are because of the COVID situation but I was just wondering how others are going and if anyone else has been waiting as long as us or longer ?

Cheers Jon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone:

I'm sharing the great news that our 309/100 visa was granted in 3 months!

Met in the USA: Oct 2000
Married in the USA: July 2001
DOL : 07 Oct 2020
RFI: 02 Dec 2020
RFI responded: 12 Dec 2020
Date of Grant: 06 Jan 2021

We must enter Australia by 06 Jan 2022.

Wishing you all the best in your application!
Ben

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congratz

Congratulations

Hello everyone:

Ben

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello everyone:

Ben
Congratulations! That's indeed a very quick outcome. They do tend to prioritise applications for long relationship couples.
Did you also get your 100 visa granted at the same time considering the length of your relationship?

·
Registered
22 Posts
309 Granted from USA

My wife's 309 partner visa got approved this morning!!!

Applied: April 12, 2019 (offshore from USA)

Request for further information: 12 August, 2019 (Health Waiver PIC4007)

Responded to Request For More Information (100 pages) September 2019

Health Waiver granted January 2021

Request for further information (new FBI and local police checks because the ones submitted in 2019 had long expired)

Final approval of 309 visa Feb 8 2021

Must enter Australia bu February 2022

We are so glad that after all this waiting we finally have an outcome. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

3841 - 3860 of 3879 Posts