·
Registered
10 Posts
Application submitted: 18 June 2020
RFI for medical: 13 Nov 2020
RFI for additional supporting documents: 6 Jan 2021
RFI for divorce certificates: 4 Mar 2021
Approved: 9 April 2021

309 granted. Together for four years, living together for three years, married for one year.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
I am curious to hear whether there are any updates re: processing timelines and experiences for PMV/309 applicants from USA?
Which visa are you going for, PMV or 309?

There will be a big difference in processing times between the two visas.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
We are applying for 309/100 specifically.
The last two from the USA that I have seen are:
  • 309+100 granted 26 Jun 2021. Applied 21 May 2021. Processed in 1 month.
  • 309 granted 25 Jun 2021. Applied 31 Mar 2021. Processed in 3 months

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have any 309/100 applications been approved by the Washington D.C. office lately? Would love to hear about anyone's processing timelines and experiences as of late.
I am also curious about recent processing times from the Washington DC office.

I applied for a 309/100 partner visa in January 2022, and have not had any updates since payment was received. We are applying from the U.S., so I assume the Washington office will process our application but I am not sure. I am a US citizen married to an Australian citizen. I previously lived in Australia for 7 years, where I met my now husband. We have been together 7.5 years, only 3 months of that was long distance. We have lived together for 6 years, and have been married for 4.5 years. We moved to the U.S. when we got married using a U.S. fiancé visa, and I then sponsored his US green card. We completed the 309/100 paperwork ourselves since we had experience with the U.S. immigration process. Based on published processing times and what we were seeing from others, we were hoping for a <6 month approval, but no luck...

Timeline of 309/100 application (evidence, medical, and FBI/police checks have all been front-loaded/completed)

Application submitted: January 4, 2022
Medical clearance received: May 12, 2022

As of today (September 13, 2022) application status on immigov is saying "Received"

·
Registered
5 Posts
I submitted my 309/100 on 29 June. Uploaded all the police certificates, some of the evidence, declarations. I completed the health exam in early Aug. And in some of the confusion with the immi.gov site I didn't realize that I needed to have my wife fill out the sponsor form as well, which we have done. Regardless, as of today my application status still reads as "Received" as well. Do you get updates when a case officer has started processing the file? I'm still going to be uploading some more documents this week. I'm also curious about other peoples more recent journey.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I submitted my 309/100 on 29 June. Uploaded all the police certificates, some of the evidence, declarations. I completed the health exam in early Aug. And in some of the confusion with the immi.gov site I didn't realize that I needed to have my wife fill out the sponsor form as well, which we have done. Regardless, as of today my application status still reads as "Received" as well. Do you get updates when a case officer has started processing the file? I'm still going to be uploading some more documents this week. I'm also curious about other peoples more recent journey.
This is what I found on the immigov website in regards to application status:

If you applied online you can check your visa application status in ImmiAccount.
We assign a status to your application to show progress.
The status shows next to your application in 'My applications summary'.

• Incomplete means you have started but not completed an application.
  • Ready to submit means you have completed an application and can submit.
  • Submitted means you have submitted an application.
  • Received means we have received an application from you and can assess it within the current processing times.
  • Initial assessment means we are assessing your application.
  • Further assessment means we are assessing the information we requested from you.
  • Finalised means we have made a decision. We will notify you by email or post.
Note: The application status for My Health Declarations and Partner sponsorship forms will always display a status of submitted and will not change to a status of received.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Sometimes an application goes direct from received to finalised.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the topic of statuses, I see different statuses for the Applicant and Sponsor applications in my Immi account. The Sponsor application (top) is marked as 'Submitted', while the Applicant application (bottom) is marked as 'Received'.

Why the difference? Have others seen this in their accounts? I want to make sure we are not missing some action in the Sponsor application that would change it from 'Submitted' to 'Received'.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
On the topic of statuses, I see different statuses for the Applicant and Sponsor applications in my Immi account. The Sponsor application (top) is marked as 'Submitted', while the Applicant application (bottom) is marked as 'Received'.

Why the difference? Have others seen this in their accounts? I want to make sure we are not missing some action in the Sponsor application that would change it from 'Submitted' to 'Received'.

View attachment 11734
The sponsor application never changes status. Mine was still at submitted, after the visa had been granted.

Reactions: caitojulz

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also curious about recent processing times from the Washington DC office.

I applied for a 309/100 partner visa in January 2022, and have not had any updates since payment was received. We are applying from the U.S., so I assume the Washington office will process our application but I am not sure. I am a US citizen married to an Australian citizen. I previously lived in Australia for 7 years, where I met my now husband. We have been together 7.5 years, only 3 months of that was long distance. We have lived together for 6 years, and have been married for 4.5 years. We moved to the U.S. when we got married using a U.S. fiancé visa, and I then sponsored his US green card. We completed the 309/100 paperwork ourselves since we had experience with the U.S. immigration process. Based on published processing times and what we were seeing from others, we were hoping for a <6 month approval, but no luck...

Timeline of 309/100 application (evidence, medical, and FBI/police checks have all been front-loaded/completed)

Application submitted: January 4, 2022
Medical clearance received: May 12, 2022

As of today (September 13, 2022) application status on immigov is saying "Received"
Caitojulz, I feel like we are in the same boat. I'm Australian, wife is American. I moved to the the USA 6 years ago, we got married, went through USA immigration for green card and then citizenships by ourselves without a migration agent/lawyer.
Last year we decided we were going to move to Aus, filed 309 Jan 7th 2022 (from our experience with my USA immigration we figured we could do Australia ourselves too), paid, submitted sponsorship application, medicals completed late Feb, and since then nothing. No application status change, no rfi's, nothing.

We were also hoping for an approval in less than 6 months, but no luck. It's pretty disheartening seeing posts on here and Facebook groups about 309's getting approved in under 3-4 months while we're sitting here coming up on 9.

Sorry I don't have any advice/answers for you, just saw how similar your experience and timeline is so wanted to reach out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Caitojulz, I feel like we are in the same boat. I'm Australian, wife is American. I moved to the the USA 6 years ago, we got married, went through USA immigration for green card and then citizenships by ourselves without a migration agent/lawyer.
Last year we decided we were going to move to Aus, filed 309 Jan 7th 2022 (from our experience with my USA immigration we figured we could do Australia ourselves too), paid, submitted sponsorship application, medicals completed late Feb, and since then nothing. No application status change, no rfi's, nothing.

We were also hoping for an approval in less than 6 months, but no luck. It's pretty disheartening seeing posts on here and Facebook groups about 309's getting approved in under 3-4 months while we're sitting here coming up on 9.

Sorry I don't have any advice/answers for you, just saw how similar your experience and timeline is so wanted to reach out.
Wow, our timelines are so similar! Thanks for sharing your story :) Hopefully our applications will be processed soon! I'll keep an eye out to see if you have any updates - that will be give me hope! haha

Can I ask how long your US citizenship application took for approval? My husband applied at the start of this year around the time we put in the 309/100 app, but his US citizenship application still hasn't been sent to a processing center so we have no estimated timeline... As slow as Australian immigration is moving, the U.S. is even worse!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, our timelines are so similar! Thanks for sharing your story :) Hopefully our applications will be processed soon! I'll keep an eye out to see if you have any updates - that will be give me hope! haha

Can I ask how long your US citizenship application took for approval? My husband applied at the start of this year around the time we put in the 309/100 app, but his US citizenship application still hasn't been sent to a processing center so we have no estimated timeline... As slow as Australian immigration is moving, the U.S. is even worse!
I've got fingers crossed we're both approved really soon.

From submission to citizenship ceremony it was 5 months. I was eligible for US Citizenship August 2020, USCIS allows submission of applications 90 days prior to eligibility so I applied May 2020. Went to for my citizenship interview and test Oct 2020, passed and was approved, had my citizenship ceremony 10 days later.

For me USA immigration was quick, well 2 of the 3 were quick. Temporary resident (we had been married less than 2 years when I applied so I was approved for a 2 year green card) took 3 months. Permanent resident (10 year green card) took 14 months (i was eligible to apply for citizenship, and had, before it was approved it took that long). Citizenship took 5 months.

3861 - 3879 of 3879 Posts