Australia Forum banner

661 - 680 of 3862 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nope... Its crazy how it makes you feel waiting.... and waiting... second guessing my "proof and evidence" all day. every day... Just hope I sent enough, but not to much... I keep trying to think of the magic document that will make them work faster.. lol... I need to get a hobby or a life... time goes very slow when you waiting for something. Crazy thing is we are "lucky" it only takes 9-12+ months (or whatever it is) I have heard almost 2 years from some countries.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #662 ·
Yep, we are lucky! There's no magic document that will speed up processing, so stop driving yourself nuts. ;)

Reactions: Heats

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #664 ·
Hey emkas! Good to see you here. :) Welcome. Did you want me to add you to the list of people waiting (the first post in this thread)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quick consult. We have a wedding to go to early January in Sydney . If visa doesn't get approved by then I was thinking of staying for the full term on tourist visa and hop over to NZ if the CO is ready to decision the visa? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just noticed this..

Meeting the health requirement
This person is required to complete health examinations for this visa application. Click on the link below to organise these health examinations.
Once this person's health examinations results have been assessed by the department this page will be updated to reflect this.
Note: If this person does not complete the required health examinations the visa application can be refused. If this page has not been updated and the person has completed their health electronically, it is advised they check that the clinic has submitted the results before contacting the department. For advice on how to do this see:

And prior to this it just had about uploading a medical the writing in bold was not there before. Anyway has anyone noticed this or does this mean that our application has been looked at and they are just waiting for our medical which my boyfriend has just done today.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #668 ·
Yep, that's fine. Not a problem at all. Just let the CO (if you've been assigned one and know about it), or just the embassy in general know about your travel plans.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #669 ·
I just noticed this..

Meeting the health requirement
This person is required to complete health examinations for this visa application. Click on the link below to organise these health examinations.
Once this person's health examinations results have been assessed by the department this page will be updated to reflect this.
Note: If this person does not complete the required health examinations the visa application can be refused. If this page has not been updated and the person has completed their health electronically, it is advised they check that the clinic has submitted the results before contacting the department. For advice on how to do this see:

And prior to this it just had about uploading a medical the writing in bold was not there before. Anyway has anyone noticed this or does this mean that our application has been looked at and they are just waiting for our medical which my boyfriend has just done today.
They just updated the system, so that's probably one of the changes they made. Don't worry - if they were asking you, specifically, to hurry up and do something, they'd email you.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #670 ·
Added you, emkas. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Mellie thats good to know. I also have a b2 visa but am currently in Australia and my partner is in America. Have you still not heard anything from immigration/CO? I am going to be visiting in October for a month and than if we still havn't heard anything by february I think I will go to USA on my B2 visa and wait until our visa is approved. They don't make it easy :( Has anyone on this thread heard from their CO yet?! I am shocked at how some visa applicants applied at the beginning of this year and still havn't heard anything! Lets hope they start working on approving 2014 visas!
Yeah, we don't have a CO yet, but I want to see those people who applied in the weeks before us get their CO so that I can see progress happening.

·
Registered
155 Posts
In the everyday tack of going over everything in my head ( as mentioned before). I went to my wife's Email and had a look at the Correspondence E-mail form June 13th. I read that attachments again to make sure I did everything.. But today I noticed the subject line (case number - my name...) ..IMMI Request for More Information
Reply-To: m*****.d******@dfat.gov.au (only her name is all spelled out!... is this My CO?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Heats, I just checked mine and it says the same name you mention. I don't think that's our CO. When I called the embassy last week they told me that I will b assigned a CO soon.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #676 ·
If you're waiting to hear about COs, you may be waiting a while... DC is not one of those embassies that usually notifies you when you get a CO anymore. Also, despite what they told emkas last week, from what we've learned recently it seems many embassies (including DC) are no longer assigning a specific CO to individual cases. The cases basically get put in order received, and then whoever finishes an application picks up the next one, so to speak. Since all COs can handle each case, if your CO is on holiday or out sick it's less likely to result in delays. If what we've heard is true and this is happening in DC, I'd say it's a good thing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you're waiting to hear about COs, you may be waiting a while... DC is not one of those embassies that usually notifies you when you get a CO anymore. Also, despite what they told emkas last week, from what we've learned recently it seems many embassies (including DC) are no longer assigning a specific CO to individual cases. The cases basically get put in order received, and then whoever finishes an application picks up the next one, so to speak. Since all COs can handle each case, if your CO is on holiday or out sick it's less likely to result in delays. If what we've heard is true and this is happening in DC, I'd say it's a good thing.
So you don't think the MD that the email said to send replies to is my CO... Bummer!

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #678 ·
Probably not. Seriously, it doesn't matter anyway. Getting a CO (IF DC is still assigning them that way, which I doubt) wouldn't indicate a single thing about how much longer your application is going to take. When I applied, I got a CO assigned in my acknowledgment email. It did absolutely nothing to speed up the process.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello all,

I just received an email from a case officer saying they have received all the necessary documents for my application and that pending final assessment it will be on track for a October or November 2014 finalization. I applied in March so this would be a 6-8 month processing time if it is successful.

Besides the generic email checklist I received a few months back this is the first correspondence I've had. Hopefully this is a good thing and hopefully those of us who applied in the spring will see some action in the next few months :)

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #680 ·
Glad to see they're still granting around 9 months for those of you that applied earlier. :) I feel sorry for current applicants with their 12-15 month wait. Yay, carobear! :)

Reactions: carobear
661 - 680 of 3862 Posts