Australia Forum banner
741 - 760 of 3867 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ughhh >.< I guess there is probably too many people applying right now and they can't keep up with letting that many people into Australia. I can understand where immigration is coming from but I think they should take into consideration the cases they have to handle. Hopefully fingers crossed we see all the people that applied in April start hearing from their CO soon we can only hope the process doesn't slow down too much. Heats I think you should hear from someone within the next month hopefully!

·
Registered
80 Posts
H.Protagonist I think you will hear from them soon :) Please update us when you do!
Will do. I check my mail every morning lately with a bit of hope. Fingers crossed for September.

H.Protagonist, my husband applied 5 days after you, so I'm very keen to see when you hear something.
We're still waiting to get his FBI check back, but everything else is done, so we're kind of hoping that gets to us in the next couple of weeks if they keep getting through the cases at the rate they're going.
Would be nice if they kept up the pace. I'll be sure to post if I get anything. Hearing all of the recent delays and extensions in processing time is kind of discouraging, though.

For the FBI check, I got mine back pretty quickly (3 wks? 4 wks?), so it shouldn't be too much longer for yours if you don't have it already. The way things are going I may have to get another Japanese one if the decisions take a while... I got that one ages ago because it can take up to 3 months and if they need a fresh one when it expires, I'll be pretty annoyed. Bugger. :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
My Partner rang up immigration, told him we have been assigned a Case Officer which is good News but I am sure we would be at the very end of their list. Immigration said that it will take up to 12 months, so maybe it will be a year long process after all :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Partner rang up immigration, told him we have been assigned a Case Officer which is good News but I am sure we would be at the very end of their list. Immigration said that it will take up to 12 months, so maybe it will be a year long process after all :(
At least it is one more step in the right direction!

·
Registered
138 Posts
That is great news kt41. When did you actually hear from your case officer after you applied? I would love it if our visa was approved within 7 months!

·
Super Moderator
2,099 Posts
Yay KT41! Congrats.

I inquired today and we have been assigned a case officer which is one more item checked off.

Has anyone taken pets from the USA into Australia? If so, how was your experience?
Hi
Here is the official site.
http://www.daff.gov.au/biosecurity/cat-dogs
Your in luck as they recently relaxed the quarantine rules so it is not so expensive as it used to be.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Its good to hear that everyone has been assigned a case officer!!! Lets hope that everyone that has applied already this year will see approvals within 6-10 months :) We only hope and stay positive!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yay KT41! Congrats.

I inquired today and we have been assigned a case officer which is one more item checked off.

Has anyone taken pets from the USA into Australia? If so, how was your experience?
Hi bigapplekanga, one of our friends is there on a 457 visa and he has taken his dog over. It wasn't cheap or quick but his dog Maggie came thru quarantine just fine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We didn't hear much at all. We 've been married for 15 years and have two kids, so not much to evaluate, plus I sent a lot of supporting documents, affidavits from friends , etc.
I am in the same boat .. 10+ years married 3 kids... Did they tell you before hand you were "set for final approval?" Like others have reported? If so when did you hear from them?

·
Registered
138 Posts
sharyny ring up and ask i bet you have since you applied before me, but i guess it doesn't really mean much if you have a case officer if there is a long list of applicants before you and a cap :( I just hope for approval around the 9 month mark!

·
Registered
80 Posts
well my husband and my kids and i are here in australia - my husband is on a ETA - and he goes to new zealand for 5 days in december then comes back to australia - he is itching to get work because he cant sit still and do nothing but he cant so ... so we are here and lending support and vital help to my mom - just today she had ot go into hospital to get a stint removed and replaced in her kidney and without us being here, she'd be at a total loss without anyoen to help her.... so ETA it is until he is approved ....*sigh* we even uploaded a letter from her DR so that immigration knows that its vital that we be here.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
thats annoying sharyny I feel for you. I am going to have to go to america if we aren't going to get approved before february cause I can't stand being away from my partner its so hard. I have already had to live in america for 6 months straight no work and it was so depressing not having a job and I would hate to have to quit my job now since I am on such a good salary and was only recently promoted to a manager role. I wish for the geniune couples that have been together over a year and meet all the requirements a quicker process, I wish there wasnt any of this monthly cap BS! :(

741 - 760 of 3867 Posts