781 - 800 of 3867 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ah such good news!!! Hope that all April applicants get granted soon :D

·
Registered
327 Posts
Form 80 is part of the character evaluation they do for some applicants. It's massive (like listing all jobs held since birth - seriously). The North America service center told me not to do it unless they ask.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We were missing some things from our application, so if you've got yours complete they might not contact you until you're approved. The email we got was from our CO telling us that they need everything but the FBI check within 28 days (since you can't rush an FBI check).

They also asked for personal statements from us again, which I'm glad of, since I've thought of more stuff and we've discussed more things (like buying a house) since I innitially wrote mine.
Yeah, mine's complete. Still be nice to have word. :( At least it seems like they're moving on stuff for applicants in our month, anyway. Good luck on your end~

Good news kyliekinz, sounds like a grant is forthcoming!

Question for you & everybody else - has anyone applying through DC been asked for Form 80?

Thanks!
Nope. Even in the request for more information checklist there was no mention of Form 80 for me. Hoping it stays that way.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just get an updated from my CO. "Visa pending final assessment. On track for approval in November. " We are keeping our fingers crossed .
Awesome news! Congrats, looks like you will be there by the end of the year and not have to worry about extra visas, one way tickets and short flights to NZ.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay, I've been super-delinquent on updating this timeline. So what I've decided to do is just add people who are waiting and the date they applied, and then note when they are granted, rather than keeping track week-to-week of how long it's taking for each one.

We've had some folks on the list forever who I don't *think* have ever come back and said if they were granted, and I suspect most of them have been, so I've contacted them all via private message to see if anyone would respond (and dplunkd has already - thanks! :)) so I can get them off the waiting list.

I'm going to comb this thread and the other DC one and look for anyone else who might be waiting, but please comment here again if you'd like to be on the list (that way we'll make sure I get you on it!) and give the date you applied, which visa you applied for (309 or 300) and if you know who it is, your CO's initials. Also, please note if you applied via paper or online as well.

Thanks so much - hoping we can start getting a decent timeline going again so other DC folks will know what to expect! :)
Hello! We submitted our 309 offshore to DC on March 9, 2014 via online application. Got assigned a CO assigned on August 13 (ML). We only found out we got the CO because she was requesting more information. However, we haven't heard anything back from her even though we've reached out via email. My partner just went back to Australia last week and we're doing long distance until this visa is granted. Starting to go stir crazy considering I have a house, job, and man waiting for me across the ocean. Considering going over on an EMT early November if we don't hear anything by then.

How have you all been contacting the CO's? My CO directed me to contact her through a web submission page which seems ridiculous. I get a reply from a completely different person.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello! We submitted our 309 offshore to DC on March 9, 2014 via online application. Got assigned a CO assigned on August 13 (ML). We only found out we got the CO because she was requesting more information. However, we haven't heard anything back from her even though we've reached out via email. My partner just went back to Australia last week and we're doing long distance until this visa is granted. Starting to go stir crazy considering I have a house, job, and man waiting for me across the ocean. Considering going over on an EMT early November if we don't hear anything by then.

How have you all been contacting the CO's? My CO directed me to contact her through a web submission page which seems ridiculous. I get a reply from a completely different person.
After finding out the wait times have increased to 12-15 months, we decided to email our CO to see if we could get a more realistic timeline for our specific application. I also provided a little bit of an update to our situation. She replied back within minutes and said we are on track for finalization by November 2014!!! Which would put our wait time at 9 months. She said "pending final assessment" so here's hoping we get approved! Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
29 Posts
The FBI website says this now;

On September 7, 2014, CJIS installed a new IT system. As a result of this installation, we are experiencing delays in processing. Please be assured that each issue is being identified and resolved as quickly as possible, but at this time anticipated processing time for an Identity History Summary is approximately 12 weeks. Allow additional time for mail delivery.
Though they processed our credit card today, so I doubt it's going to take that long.. or maybe I'm just hoping.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We only applied a month ago, and have only received 'acknowledgement of application'. This seems pretty normal, I shouldn't expect to hear anything else or be assigned a CO till roughly 3 months in?

Seeing as the wait times have been extended...would people recommend doing the medical and FBI clearance now or waiting till we hear from a CO?

And is it normal for the sponsors application to show as 'submitted' and the applicant's to show as 'in progress' online?... even though we submitted both..

Good luck to everyone! I'm one of, if not the most recent, to apply and I'm really looking forward to watching everyone be granted their happy news while we await ours!

·
Registered
29 Posts
We only applied a month ago, and have only received 'acknowledgement of application'. This seems pretty normal, I shouldn't expect to hear anything else or be assigned a CO till roughly 3 months in?

Seeing as the wait times have been extended...would people recommend doing the medical and FBI clearance now or waiting till we hear from a CO?

And is it normal for the sponsors application to show as 'submitted' and the applicant's to show as 'in progress' online?... even though we submitted both..

Good luck to everyone! I'm one of, if not the most recent, to apply and I'm really looking forward to watching everyone be granted their happy news while we await ours!
I would wait for a while before getting medical and FBI simply because they do expire and it would be frustrating to have to get them done again.
Maybe keep your eye on this tread and when people closer to your application date get assigned their CO do your checks then?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Any news guys? :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,

I am fairly new to this forum so please let me know if I need to post this somewhere else. I still don't understand how the visa process works.

My situation: I am French, married for almost 5 years with my Australian husband. We have 2 kids and we live in the US.

We are planning on moving next year to Australia. So, I applied on October 2 for a partner visa (309) online.
I submitted first my application, I paid (ouch, so much money!) then my husband submitted his. We uploaded all the requested documentation (or so we hope) except for the health check and police check. His application has the status "submitted" whereas mine has the status "in progress". Is this normal?
I immediately got an automated email "IMMI Acknowledgement of Application Received".
What is now the next step? From what I read, someone will contact us in about 3 months, is that correct?

Thanks for helping me figuring out how the visa process work! I hope we did everything right, I am so worried we didn't do it the right way!

Thanks for your help

Cecile

Reactions: Dinkum

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

I am fairly new to this forum so please let me know if I need to post this somewhere else. I still don't understand how the visa process works.

My situation: I am French, married for almost 5 years with my Australian husband. We have 2 kids and we live in the US.

We are planning on moving next year to Australia. So, I applied on October 2 for a partner visa (309) online.
I submitted first my application, I paid (ouch, so much money!) then my husband submitted his. We uploaded all the requested documentation (or so we hope) except for the health check and police check. His application has the status "submitted" whereas mine has the status "in progress". Is this normal?
I immediately got an automated email "IMMI Acknowledgement of Application Received".
What is now the next step? From what I read, someone will contact us in about 3 months, is that correct?

Thanks for helping me figuring out how the visa process work! I hope we did everything right, I am so worried we didn't do it the right way!

Thanks for your help

Cecile
It's normal for the immi website to say "submitted" for your partner/sponsor but have the recipient of the visa have "in progress".
We got an email a couple of weeks after applying, but it's just a standard email that they send to everyone, basically letting you know that if you have further questions you can email them directly.
My husband didn't get his personalised email until about 5 months after application. That email asked for the things that we didn't have uploaded yet, such as police checks. The timeline for this is constantly changing though, unfortunately it seems to be taking longer.
I hope this helps

Reactions: cec2725

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeehaw!! The clock starts ticking! Just submitted and paid for my application. Now begins the mad rush to upload supporting documents.
Great Wendy. I just submitted and paid for mine too. I already uploaded all my documents. Just be aware that there is a limitation on the number of files you can upload. I didn't know and wanted to upload a couple of more things but couldn't. I had known, I would just have combined some of them (like put all the utility bills in one pdf for example, instead I uploaded them one by one). I don't know what the limit is but I had uploaded a bit over 60 documents when I got the error message.
Good luck!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Great Wendy. I just submitted and paid for mine too. I already uploaded all my documents. Just be aware that there is a limitation on the number of files you can upload. I didn't know and wanted to upload a couple of more things but couldn't. I had known, I would just have combined some of them (like put all the utility bills in one pdf for example, instead I uploaded them one by one). I don't know what the limit is but I had uploaded a bit over 60 documents when I got the error message.
Good luck!
Thanks cec! Yup, I've been lurking and reading and researching for months now. I'm going to try and combine files as much as possible so that they are just under the 5mb limit. Someone else also had a fantastic idea to put together a document that is a master to all the singular documents. I'm going to do this too. Anything to make it easier for the CO's. After all we are dependent upon them to be able to get thru our applications and the easier we make it for them the better it is for us!
Good luck to you too!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello everyone,

My partner visa was granted! I received the permanent (100) visa right away as my partner and I have been together for more than 3 years. We are going out to celebrate tonight with a nice bottle of Australian red we've been saving for the occasion :)

Here is how it all went down..

March 25th, 2014- Submitted Application Online
2 months later- Received the stock standard email checklist requesting medicals, police checks which I then submitted one week later
5 months later- Received an email from my case officer saying a decision would likely be made sometime in Oct/ Nov
Visa 100 Granted 6 months after applying

My case officer was very helpful and professional which I am so grateful for. Thanks so much to everyone on this forum for all of your help and support. I definitely could not have done it without you!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello everyone, My partner visa was granted! I received the permanent (100) visa right away as my partner and I have been together for more than 3 years. We are going out to celebrate tonight with a nice bottle of Australian red we've been saving for the occasion :) Here is how it all went down.. March 25th, 2014- Submitted Application Online 2 months later- Received the stock standard email checklist requesting medicals, police checks which I then submitted one week later 5 months later- Received an email from my case officer saying a decision would likely be made sometime in Oct/ Nov Visa 100 Granted 6 months after applying My case officer was very helpful and professional which I am so grateful for. Thanks so much to everyone on this forum for all of your help and support. I definitely could not have done it without you!
Awesome! Congrats!! Was thinking about you today thought it might come soon..

781 - 800 of 3867 Posts