Australia Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 3862 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,121 ·
I don't believe you should have had to provide police checks in that situation... I think they were correct when you first were told you didn't. But it is what it is at this point.

Maybe there's some confusing verbiage in the regulations that says something about them not being needed if they are the sponsor's "biological" children which made them confused about how to interpret it in your case. Who knows. Two different COs will often interpret things two different ways. It shouldn't happen, but it does.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi,

Is this the thread where I can add the date of our application to the list?

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,123 ·
Sure. I just need the date you applied, and whether you applied online or via paper. :) Oh, and which visa you applied for (PMV or 309).

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sure. I just need the date you applied, and whether you applied online or via paper. :) Oh, and which visa you applied for (PMV or 309).
Hi CollegeGirl!

Applied 31/12/14 online for a PMV.

Thank you! :)

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,125 ·
Added you. :) Man, this thread has been quiet on the grants lately. Hoping they'll pick back up again this month!

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow! That's pretty crazy! Good you are honest. Shame honesty has to cost more $$!!!
I hope your FBI check comes back soon or at least sooner than for me!
Hello,
Did you have your medical in California, and if so could you please tell me where abouts?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,132 ·
There are only three approved panel physicians you can use for your medical in CA - one each in Berkeley, LA, and San Diego.

United States of America

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,133 ·
Sure thing, JonJakJus. :)

Reactions: JonJakJus

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good to know! Missed that tidbit on his list of things. We will get his sent off ASAP then, just to be safe. I cant believe its 14 weeks now. It took 4 weeks when I got mine in July!

·
Registered
29 Posts
We got our FBI check back after about 16 weeks. Hubby is headed back to the USA in a few weeks so that they can make the final decision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi CG. My Aussie girl and I applied from the U.S. online August 13 2014. We haven't heard anything other than an email about 3 weeks ago that says our application was about to be assessed. Not sure if that is just something they say to pacify people or if they are in fact about to assign a CO. Suggestions?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hubby & step daughter went home today after a lovely two week holiday for Xmas and new year.... countdown begins again - only 95 days! :'(

On an aside, while at the Qantas counter, a worker was having strong words with a guy who didn't seem to speak much English that wanted to go to NZ on a one way ticket. He was being told he wouldn't be allowed into NZ on a one way. I wasn't there long enough to hear the whole story (yep I'm nosey), but I was very interested in the 'no one way ticket' info... any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Probably because he isn't Australian or NZ citizen. I believe you need a return ticket for NZ unless you are Aussie or NZ.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,139 ·
Hi CG. My Aussie girl and I applied from the U.S. online August 13 2014. We haven't heard anything other than an email about 3 weeks ago that says our application was about to be assessed. Not sure if that is just something they say to pacify people or if they are in fact about to assign a CO. Suggestions?
Unfortunately I'm not sure. They weren't sending those emails out when I applied. Since it's only been 4.5 months for you it would seem early to be getting your hopes up, but who knows. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello, Did you have your medical in California, and if so could you please tell me where abouts? Thank you
Hi JSR,

Sorry I am just seeing this. I had my medical done in LA. I found the address following the link on my immi account about the medical. You have to click on it, answer some questions and you'll get a referal letter with a HAP id.
Then make the appointment with one of the authorised practitionners and your HAP id.
The one in LA is:

Expresscare Medical Clinic
Medical and Radiology examinations
8930 S, Sepulveda Boulevard, 200
Los Angeles
California 90455
+1 310 641 8111
Dr William F Brath

1121 - 1140 of 3862 Posts