Australia Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 3862 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just wanted to share the good news with everyone. Our 309 was granted today. We applied July 19th so it has been 6 months! I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you everyone on this forum that has helped me especially Collegegirl!!! Less than 7 weeks until I am reunited with the love of my life and we don't have to worry about being apart anymore :D
Congrats!!! Very exciting news!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yay yay yay! Happy dancing for you AUSUSA8892!! So glad your stressful wait time is over!
And of course - a question - how much time did they give until the entry date and how does that date relate to expiry of your police or medical checks?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just wanted to share the good news with everyone. Our 309 was granted today. We applied July 19th so it has been 6 months! I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you everyone on this forum that has helped me especially Collegegirl!!! Less than 7 weeks until I am reunited with the love of my life and we don't have to worry about being apart anymore :D
XXX awesome news!! Hopefully ours will cruise in once we give them the info they wanted.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,284 ·
YAYYYYYYYYYYY AUSUSA!!!!! I am so happy for you! :D I am so glad visas seem to be going through so quickly despite the new quoted processing times. Hoorah! :D Enjoy your new lives together in Australia. :D

·
Registered
402 Posts
That's great news! Happy days :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yay!!!

And another one bites the dust.. boom boom

Congrats and so happy for you AUSUSA :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
My hubby landed back in the USA today to the wonderful news that his visa was approved!

If only we'd known it would be such a quick turn around when we booked his flights, because it's going to be almost three weeks until he's back home with me (for good)!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
My hubby landed back in the USA today to the wonderful news that his visa was approved!

If only we'd known it would be such a quick turn around when we booked his flights, because it's going to be almost three weeks until he's back home with me (for good)!!
FANTASTIC!!! Such good news. 3 weeks will be easy after such a long wait to get the approval! :) :) :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congrats, Mellie! Great news :) So that's 3 approvals this week just on this board, correct? Maybe they are starting to really roll now! When did your husband apply?
Yep that's three this week, all 309s and all at or under 9 months. Lkimball, AUSUSA8892, and Mellie. I'm watching this closely since I'm kinda "next on the list" (though there's a few people who applied before me we haven't heard from in a while - they may have gotten their grant but not reported it here).

I am hoping my case isn't overly complicated to result in a delay.

I keep my "maybe today's the day" hope going until 2 pm when it's quitting time in DC, then attempt to let it rest till the next day! It's a bit emotionally exhausting, but this whole process has been.

Nearly three years in a long distance relationship except for the five months together last year. More than ready to have this 'visa year' behind us!

·
Registered
332 Posts
congrats on the awesome news!! our CO needs one more piece of paper and she said that once she gets that he'll have to leave the country once she gives him her official email notification...... so hopefully by Feb we're all done!!
Awesome! I was wondering about you (couldn't remember the latest so thanks for the update).

·
Registered
402 Posts
congrats on the awesome news!! our CO needs one more piece of paper and she said that once she gets that he'll have to leave the country once she gives him her official email notification...... so hopefully by Feb we're all done!!
Hi Sharyny,

Could I ask just out of curiosity what kind of information do they ask for when they asked you for one more piece of information?

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,294 ·
Yayyyyy Mellie! BIG CONGRATS! So much great news this week. :D

Reactions: Mellie

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Sharyny,

Could I ask just out of curiosity what kind of information do they ask for when they asked you for one more piece of information?
we forgot to do the state police check where we lived before we left .. we did the FBI check but not the local police check and thats what she needs and thats it. she has everything but that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats, Mellie! Great news :) So that's 3 approvals this week just on this board, correct? Maybe they are starting to really roll now! When did your husband apply?
We applied on April 25.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've seen some activity on the old DC thread so thought I would post to bring this one back to the forefront.

Hopefully those who posted there will also find their way here and join the wait group.

As for us, still waiting on our FBI check and would be really nice to have a CO assigned sometime in the next month.

Cheers to all and hope you had a lovely Australia Day :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've seen some activity on the old DC thread so thought I would post to bring this one back to the forefront. Hopefully those who posted there will also find their way here and join the wait group. As for us, still waiting on our FBI check and would be really nice to have a CO assigned sometime in the next month. Cheers to all and hope you had a lovely Australia Day :)
I know you told me before.. When did you send if your FBI things?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Could someone please steer me in the right direction of where I should upload supporting witness statements? Social aspects? Nature of commitment? I'm not really sure! Thanks for your help!

*** Edited ... I figured it out :)

Reactions: CollegeGirl
1281 - 1300 of 3862 Posts