Australia Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 3862 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know you told me before.. When did you send if your FBI things?
It was around the first week of November (perhaps end of October). Hopefully we will see it in the next few weeks, I guess it's not too much of a concern considering we still have a few months at least given the current processing times for our visa.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It was around the first week of November (perhaps end of October). Hopefully we will see it in the next few weeks, I guess it's not too much of a concern considering we still have a few months at least given the current processing times for our visa.
Mine got there on Nov 3rd. My credit card was charged last Tuesday. I was told that I should have my clearance in hand 3-4 weeks from now.

Yours should be to you about the same time frame... :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
AND THEN THE WAITING WAS OVER!!!!

OMG I just got a call from M at the Embassy - she asked a few questions to clarify a few things (about my partner's previous (defacto) relationship, and about the kids not migrating) and said I'll have an email with the grant within 15 minutes.

So that's 5 months 12 days, and she extended the expiration of my FBI check so that my entry date is in June, and I don't have to provide clearance for my soon-to-be 16 year old.

Wow! What an abrupt end to a long stressful waiting period!

·
Registered
35 Posts
AND THEN THE WAITING WAS OVER!!!! OMG I just got a call from M at the Embassy - she asked a few questions to clarify a few things (about my partner's previous (defacto) relationship, and about the kids not migrating) and said I'll have an email with the grant within 15 minutes. So that's 5 months 12 days, and she extended the expiration of my FBI check so that my entry date is in June, and I don't have to provide clearance for my soon-to-be 16 year old. Wow! What an abrupt end to a long stressful waiting period!
Congrats IndyMama!! Mine was abrupt and out of the blue also, such a great feeling, so happy for you and your family!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congrats IndyMama!! Mine was abrupt and out of the blue also, such a great feeling, so happy for you and your family!
Thank you kanga! I'm over the moon! Even though it doesn't accelerate my timeline for moving, at least that big 'what if and when' is gone and we can move forward with confidence.

In happy coincidences, my wedding dress arrived last night and it's gorgeous :)

·
Registered
106 Posts

OMG I just got a call from M at the Embassy - she asked a few questions to clarify a few things (about my partner's previous (defacto) relationship, and about the kids not migrating) and said I'll have an email with the grant within 15 minutes.

So that's 5 months 12 days, and she extended the expiration of my FBI check so that my entry date is in June, and I don't have to provide clearance for my soon-to-be 16 year old.

Yippee! !!!!!! Wow and Wow! :) :) :)
Congratulations that's so awesome.

Is your later entry date so you can see out the school year? That's what we need, although my husband's medical will expire a few weeks later than the fbi in July. We know we'll be close to the medical expiry. (We have a 3 week holiday with my folks planned for end June/July in US) and we are waiting for school year to be over for my step daughter too before my husband can move over).

So so so happy for you IndyMama
:) we have till end next week to submit our extra docs so hopefully we are not far behind you!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Congratulations Indymama!!! :)

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts

Woo hoo congrats!

Great to see it is not taking 10 months or more for grants :)

Enjoy your life in Australia :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yippee! !!!!!! Wow and Wow! :) :) :)
Congratulations that's so awesome.

Is your later entry date so you can see out the school year? That's what we need, although my husband's medical will expire a few weeks later than the fbi in July. We know we'll be close to the medical expiry. (We have a 3 week holiday with my folks planned for end June/July in US) and we are waiting for school year to be over for my step daughter too before my husband can move over).

So so so happy for you IndyMama
:) we have till end next week to submit our extra docs so hopefully we are not far behind you!
Thank you! I'm thrilled beyond belief to have the wait over.

The later date wasn't tied to school - I think it was just because she recognized that March 10 is really soon to pull everything together, and they have the discretion of granting a 3 month extension on the expiry of the PCCs or medicals.

I told her I was planning to go in April and she was happy to hear it. I need to go over there and get established in a bigger place before the kids come over for their summer break.

I'm sure yours is right around the corner, as soon as you get everything in! I'll keep sending you good vibes.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Woo hoo congrats!

Great to see it is not taking 10 months or more for grants :)

Enjoy your life in Australia :)
I'm thrilled that it was only 5 months (of course those 5 months were some of the LONGEST MONTHS EVER). I wonder whether/when they'll change the 12-15 month time on their website, since it's clearly not actually happening. They must be seeing so many more onshore applications from tourist visas because of it. I can't imagine it has made their life any easier!

·
Registered
62 Posts

Yay!!! So very very very happy for you IndyMama :D:D

That's super quick and just MEGA awesome!!! Best wishes for a happy life together in Aus.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Indymama is M for Mia? and congrats!!!!!!! huge relief for you!!
Mia's out of the office till 2nd feb and hopefully by then shel'll open up her mail and see that she has what she needs from us ...
No that wasn't her name. Funnily enough, the name on the letter was not the name I remember from the phone, but they both start with M.

I'll keep sending good thoughts your way -- I bet we'll be hearing your good news early next week!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you! I'm thrilled beyond belief to have the wait over.

they have the discretion of granting a 3 month extension on the expiry of the PCCs or medicals.

I told her I was planning to go in April and she was happy to hear it. I need to go over there and get established in a bigger place before the kids come over for their summer break.

I'm sure yours is right around the corner, as soon as you get everything in! I'll keep sending you good vibes.
Oh, good to hear we may be able to get extension if needed, and I hear you on the bigger house! No way my 3 step kids and son and any future kids are gonna fit in my 2 bedroom house, even if it is just for a few weeks or months, lol.

Thanks for the positive vibes, we will be submitting our docs this weekend so fingers crossed hubby gets a call or email from our 'M' (not Mia), next week!! :)

P.s. where are you settling in Aust?

·
Registered
66 Posts
AND THEN THE WAITING WAS OVER!!!! OMG I just got a call from M at the Embassy - she asked a few questions to clarify a few things (about my partner's previous (defacto) relationship, and about the kids not migrating) and said I'll have an email with the grant within 15 minutes. So that's 5 months 12 days, and she extended the expiration of my FBI check so that my entry date is in June, and I don't have to provide clearance for my soon-to-be 16 year old. Wow! What an abrupt end to a long stressful waiting period!
Woowoot ! Congrats!

So happy for you and getting our hopes high it's indeed not 12-15 months! Awesome!

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,318 ·
Thank you kanga! I'm over the moon! Even though it doesn't accelerate my timeline for moving, at least that big 'what if and when' is gone and we can move forward with confidence.

In happy coincidences, my wedding dress arrived last night and it's gorgeous :)
This made me all verklempt! I want to marry my husband all over again. Happiest day of my life. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! CONGRATS ON THE GRANT!!!

Reactions: CantoAus

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,319 ·
I have never heard of a "Mia" as a CO in DC before. Interesting. Last I checked the two primary ones seem to be RM and ML. RM is the senior CO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks like my application for PMV (lodged July 9) was skipped over. I don't have a case officer & can't get any info out of the Ottowa phone number. CollegeGirl, is there an email address I should contact for more info? Or would they just quote the same useless information as the phone operators (ie up to 12-15 months processing time)? I'm coming up on 7 months; I lodged all required documents; and I just wish I could know whether my application is even being looked at. It was heartbreaking to see people who applied after me getting visas & I don't know what to do...

1301 - 1320 of 3862 Posts