Australia Forum banner
1361 - 1380 of 3867 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
My 309 was granted today!!!!!!! I never spoke with a case officer. I was planning on moving in March, and now I can without a return ticket!! Applied September 1st 2014!!!
Fantastic news! Best wishes for the move :)

Nice to hear you never spoke with a CO, we passed the 12 week mark and never got that check in email to prompt us to check documents submitted and say a CO would be assigned shortly, it makes you start to get a little antsy that your application has disappeared into the online black hole. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow! DC Embassy is rocking it!
(But seriously, where the heck do they even get their data to say 'average' processing time is 12-15 months?????)
I think you'll find it's so you can't complain until then. If you start bugging them they can tell you to leave them alone until it's been 12 months because that's their quoted time.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think you'll find it's so you can't complain until then. If you start bugging them they can tell you to leave them alone until it's been 12 months because that's their quoted time.
Yeah, I know. It just bugs me because I'm an engineer and 'average' has a real meaning - I'd be much happier if they just called it 'expected' processing time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
we heard back from our CO after she approved our application and we asked if we were being given the 309 or the 100 visa and she replied back saying that yes we meet the requirements of the 309 already (seeing as we've been married for 7 years) and are being given the 100 straight up!! .... yay!!! she's waiting on his travel itinerary now .... woo hoo!!!! .......................

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,367 · (Edited)
Congrats numm3r! :) I am seriously jealous of all you people getting yours so quickly, haha. :) I can't imagine how people who waited longer than I did would feel! Maybe they've all stopped logging into the forum so they don't feel inclined to throw things, LOL.

Even worse are those still waiting, watching others get their grants faster... SO been there and done that. It makes you want to tear your hair out. It's why we finally gave up at 8 months and decided it was time for me to go over on an ETA. We just couldn't deal with being apart anymore. Of course, for us, it had been like 14+ months at that point since we'd gotten engaged (Hubby's PR application was supposed to take six weeks... it took six months, and we had to wait until he got it so we could submit my PMV app) and we'd only seen each other for a two-week holiday in all that time. We were losing our damn minds.

Reactions: Mellie

·
Registered
22 Posts
I heard from my case officer for the first time yesterday! 1 day after uploading FBI check, so that must be the trigger they wait for. They asked for one more simple document, and also asked me to confirm that the FBI report was not from a channeler - considering it came straight from them, I didn't think it was, but was told it looked different and that maybe FBI outsourced it.

I called the FBI (for 3rd time!) today and they said they changed their process and look of the report a couple weeks ago, and that maybe I'm the first one that the embassy is seeing that looks like this. Sent a note back to CO to confirm, so hopefully it's all moving along.

Yesterday was 5 months to the day of lodging our application in September. Congrats to all who are hearing good news!

·
Registered
99 Posts
we heard back from our CO after she approved our application and we asked if we were being given the 309 or the 100 visa and she replied back saying that yes we meet the requirements of the 309 already (seeing as we've been married for 7 years) and are being given the 100 straight up!! .... yay!!! she's waiting on his travel itinerary now .... woo hoo!!!! .......................
That's fantastic! :) :) :) Happy days!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Awesome news everyone!!! Ah what would we have done without this forum! My partner arrives here in 4 weeks!! So excited to see him as it has been almost three months since I last saw him! I hope that everyone who is still waiting gets approved soon so they can be with their loved ones :)

Reactions: CollegeGirl

·
Registered
155 Posts
Take note that the ports in California are mostly on strike and if you want to ship from there your goods may be delayed significantly!
that is correct. I work in transportation and almost all steamship lines have stopped all service from the west coast. All of the ports are so congested that nothing is going in or out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
that is correct. I work in transportation and almost all steamship lines have stopped all service from the west coast. All of the ports are so congested that nothing is going in or out.
We're going to try and ship out of Houston because it's very close and hopefully not as congested.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We're going to try and ship out of Houston because it's very close and hopefully not as congested.
We are packing things into 50lb totes / cases and paying the extra baggage fees with the airline. at about $123 per piece. it worked out cheaper for us. we don't have any expensive or overly nice pieces of furniture so we will sell it here and replace it there, think we will come out ahead over shipping.

Pre Paid Additional Baggage | Qantas

·
Registered
327 Posts
We are packing things into 50lb totes / cases and paying the extra baggage fees with the airline. at about $123 per piece. it worked out cheaper for us. we don't have any expensive or overly nice pieces of furniture so we will sell it here and replace it there, think we will come out ahead over shipping. Pre Paid Additional Baggage | Qantas
That's exactly the plan I arrived at yesterday, Heats, though I'm planning to fly United. I have to come back to the U.S. in June and August, so am going to store some packed totes and maybe not even have to pay extra fees (I'll travel extreme light from Sydney, so the one checked bag that comes with the ticket can be used for the totes).

·
Registered
58 Posts
We are packing things into 50lb totes / cases and paying the extra baggage fees with the airline. at about $123 per piece. it worked out cheaper for us. we don't have any expensive or overly nice pieces of furniture so we will sell it here and replace it there, think we will come out ahead over shipping.

Pre Paid Additional Baggage | Qantas
Great idea! I should have taken an extra bag with me when we went over at Xmas but it was such a rushed trip. Just didn't think of it at the time.

It won't work for us tho. We are going to be taking a couple pieces of furniture, quite a few framed pictures, and lots of car stuff as we are bring 2 sports cars over with us.....and a trailer for them!

1361 - 1380 of 3867 Posts