Australia Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 3862 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
We did hear from CO ML on Monday but she has referred our application to someone in Australia and will 'update' us when she hears back. First time we have been given her full name and not the pseudonym?? (Indy Mama, you did not did miss hear her....we were given the two names too), so my fingers are crossed that means she'll be approving our application...otherwise she'd just continue to use the pseudonym right?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I sent a note to ML to let here know of the ever expanding processing time the FBI has and took the time to ask if she wanted a copy of my 2014 tax return. She told me, no they didn't need anything but the FBI clearance. She even told me the date I will need to be in Australia. Today the FBI is working on Oct 29th... only a few more days until they get to the magic date of NOV 3 :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
My hubby (currently in new zealand as per Mia's request) got his visa grant today - 309 - the temporary one .... i guess we'll see if we get the permanent permanent one earlier then expected or wait the 2 years we have to wait ....
he's printing it out so he'll have it on his return to australia on saturday ... so i guess we're done for now.
that being said, im really happy we didnt have to wait the 12-15 months. this is his last trip to new zealand on his own - if we ever decide to go there for a holiday.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My hubby (currently in new zealand as per Mia's request) got his visa grant today - 309 - the temporary one .... i guess we'll see if we get the permanent permanent one earlier then expected or wait the 2 years we have to wait ....
he's printing it out so he'll have it on his return to australia on saturday ... so i guess we're done for now.
that being said, im really happy we didnt have to wait the 12-15 months. this is his last trip to new zealand on his own - if we ever decide to go there for a holiday.
Awesome stuff Sharyny! Funny how we all get different CO names... Mia, Marie, Melissa....

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,409 ·
Sharyny - if they've only granted the 309, there's no chance of getting the 100 sooner. You'll have to wait the full two years. There's no middle ground.

UNLESS you think she made a mistake. If you've provided evidence of being married or living together for 3+ years, or 2+ years if you have a child together, email her back and say something like "Thank you SO much for the grant, but should we not have gone straight to the 100 since we've been married/de facto for X years?" They'll typically fix it pretty quickly when they make this error. It isn't something that's subjective and up to them - if you meet the criteria, you're supposed to go straight to PR.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,411 ·
You DEFINITELY should have gone straight to the 100, then. No question. She needs to fix it. We see this kind of error happen now and then on this forum... makes me wonder how many couples out there only got temporary visas and should have gotten permanent and never realized it or knew to complain? Yikes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
we emailed them college girl after what you said and got a reply straight away ...

Dear Mr [mod: edited out surname for privacy :)]

In order to grant the permenant visa the provisional visa must first be
granted. It appears that the system has sent you both grant notices instead
of just the permanent visa grant notice.

We apologise for the confusion but can confirm that you have been granted
and now hold a Subclass 100 permanent Spouse visa

Kind Regards,

Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Embassy of Australia

so all done!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I applied on 8/13/14 for my 309. Just got assigned with ML end of January, then was reassigned to RM. Got approved today, 2/19!!!!! Just over 6 months..
Awesome! Congrats!

·
Registered
66 Posts
we emailed them college girl after what you said and got a reply straight away ... Dear Mr Yee In order to grant the permenant visa the provisional visa must first be granted. It appears that the system has sent you both grant notices instead of just the permanent visa grant notice. We apologise for the confusion but can confirm that you have been granted and now hold a Subclass 100 permanent Spouse visa Kind Regards, Department of Immigration and Border Protection Embassy of Australia so all done!!!!
Famtastic!

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,418 ·
Yay, Sharyny! I was hoping it was some kind of easy glitch. :) Congrats!

And congrats to CCass on your grant! :)

Reactions: sharyny

·
Registered
71 Posts
After a couple of years of back and forth I've finally taken the plunge and filed my application!

I've got everything up except for medical exam and Form 888.

Once I upload these, do I need to make some "submission" or correspondence with them to indicate I'm done with everything so they can start reviewing?

Another issue - I got my police clearances back in July 2014 but delayed my application. I know they are valid only 12 months, so I just requested a new one from FBI but that will take a while. How far out can the case officer extend the validity of the first check beyond the first 12 months? I don't know when I will be able to enter Australia yet, it will definitely be at the latest Christmas so I'll likely need a new PC anyways.

1401 - 1420 of 3862 Posts