Australia Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 3862 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Do we still need to write two relationship history statement letters?
I see no one has replied to you so here goes:

Yep, you still need to submit your statements in addition to the online application. You will both need to write your own, in your own words.

My husband and I were asked to write them again before we were approved - no explanation why, but I suspect the first lot got lost in amongst all our docs (we didn't economize our docs well and didn't know of the 60 doc limit).
We wrote basically the same thing second time round but I added an extra in the form of a very detailed timeline with photos, Facebook posts, excerpts from messages, phone logs and emails to each other, detailed info about decisions made about our relationship and the timing, wedding plans, travel plans etc. It was in a table format on a word doc turned pdf and was about 35 pages long. I left no stone unturned and it was a huge undertaking cause I fact checked/date checked everything. I should have done it from the start but honestly we jumped in head first and didn't have any idea what we could/should have as evidence.

All the best on your journey, Kirsty

·
Registered
66 Posts
Omg omg omg!
I just got an email from RM asking me to make some plans to leave the country so "the application can be finalised"! I can not believe it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
cec that's brilliant!!

Looks like they may be up to processing October :D

Jack I'm interested to know what contact they had with you, was a CO given?

Here's to an upcoming flurry of approvals, we just changed our wedding date back to July in anticipation of a slower processing (we were hoping for April and were perhaps a little naive in thinking it would be done in 6 months lol).

·
Registered
22 Posts
What did they say in their first contact?
They asked us to go ahead and do our health checks, asked us to complete our FBI check (which was only a week away, stuck in the backlog) and asked if my part r had plans to travel to Aus prior to our wedding. He hasn't booked travel yet as we were hoping to be able to coincide it with the visa! All positive stuff!

·
Registered
22 Posts
They asked us to go ahead and do our health checks, asked us to complete our FBI check (which was only a week away, stuck in the backlog) and asked if my part r had plans to travel to Aus prior to our wedding. He hasn't booked travel yet as we were hoping to be able to coincide it with the visa! All positive stuff!
Ha ha!! We just got contacted again to say as soon as she sees the FBI check (which we uploaded yesterday - it took 16 weeks) she will be in a position to finalise the application!!!!! Whoooooo!!!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Omg omg omg! I just got an email from RM asking me to make some plans to leave the country so "the application can be finalised"! I can not believe it!
Awesome news!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ha ha!! We just got contacted again to say as soon as she sees the FBI check (which we uploaded yesterday - it took 16 weeks) she will be in a position to finalise the application!!!!! Whoooooo!!!!
And here come the approvals! Congratulations!

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's sooooo exciting!!! And quick!!

Just wow, it's amazing how exciting it is to hear approvals although it makes me so nervous that there will be a hiccup along the way with my application…. I'm checking the email all the time too hahaha

Queue is definitely moving along :)

Kirsty hope you are enjoying your holiday with the man, bet you guys can't wait to be settled back home now ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Queue is definitely moving along :)

Kirsty hope you are enjoying your holiday with the man, bet you guys can't wait to be settled back home now ;)
It certainly is...and you are moving along in the queue never fear! (Yes, it's awesome to have the weight lift off your shoulders but there is something to be said about waiting in anticipation...)

Not on holiday just yet... heading over 10th April and taking 3 months long service to learn to be a wife (LOL!!)
I am definitely looking forward to bringing my hubby back with me on July 10 though....lots of husband 'honey-do' jobs building up at home
:p

Happy Thursday everyone!! :-D :-D

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's sooooo exciting!!! And quick!! Just wow, it's amazing how exciting it is to hear approvals although it makes me so nervous that there will be a hiccup along the way with my application…. I'm checking the email all the time too hahaha Queue is definitely moving along :) Kirsty hope you are enjoying your holiday with the man, bet you guys can't wait to be settled back home now ;)
I totally understand your fears....just when I thought we must have done something wrong, pop in comes the first email from a CO then 2 weeks later, we have a visa! Hang in there!!!! It's so exciting!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
....and another email...we got it!!! Visa granted!!!! Whooooooooo
Congrats!

Yes it seems that they are on to processing end of September/beginning of October now!
WendyB, you're probably next! Can't wait to see you posting about it:)

And thanks everyone. Now I/we need to leave the country. I/we probably will be going to New Zealand, as it seems the cheapest option. I don't know if I'll be going just with my 6 months old - still nursing her so she has to come or if my husband and 3 years old will come too, so we make it a family vacation. But the hubs can't come before April, I don't know if RM will agree to wait that long to grant my visa. Going to email her today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thought I would add to the good news of approvals, just received ours today as well. Applied Sept 27, 2014. We never even had an email from case officer r any other contact---just the approval notice email this morning.
Congrats to all you others and best of luck to those still in wait. Thanks for all the support.

1501 - 1520 of 3862 Posts