Australia Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 3862 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Applied!

Hi everyone,
I'm a bit new to this site but the threads have been an enormous help. I hope that once mine gets approved I'll be able to help people with their questions when they apply. I applied for the PMV on April 18th 2015.
No word back from the department yet but I'm hoping to get something back maybe by August. Everything was submitted except for the medical exams. Wish us luck!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm a bit new to this site but the threads have been an enormous help. I hope that once mine gets approved I'll be able to help people with their questions when they apply. I applied for the PMV on April 18th 2015. No word back from the department yet but I'm hoping to get something back maybe by August. Everything was submitted except for the medical exams. Wish us luck!
Hi and welcome to the wait. This is a good site, you'll find it very helpful. Sounds like you're on top with all your required info. You may not hear from a case officer until there's something else they need. Stay in touch. Best luck to you!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi and welcome to the wait. This is a good site, you'll find it very helpful. Sounds like you're on top with all your required info. You may not hear from a case officer until there's something else they need. Stay in touch. Best luck to you!!
Hi Gemini64 and thank you!
My fiance and I spent a lot of time reading the forum threads before we applied and learned a lot. I certainly hope I'm on top with all the required info! My fiance and I submitted all of our evidence (relationship, nature of household, intention to marry, financial info etc.) as well as all of the police checks and ID stuff. Hopefully that's all the department needs; the wait time is so tedious. I keep checking my email every day lol Thanks again :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm a bit new to this site but the threads have been an enormous help. I hope that once mine gets approved I'll be able to help people with their questions when they apply. I applied for the PMV on April 18th 2015. No word back from the department yet but I'm hoping to get something back maybe by August. Everything was submitted except for the medical exams. Wish us luck!
Hi and welcome! :)

Reactions: ahudson

·
Registered
63 Posts
Update: Arrived on 16 June thru Perth. I was expecting something more coming thru immigration but all they did was to stamp my passport. No muss, no fuss.
I've now got an Aussie phone, already have a bank account. I still need to get my drivers license and sign up for medicare and presumably a tax number. We are in the process of car shopping.
Do I need to notify Immi of my new address here (it's the one we put on my application).
I've got it easier than some, I think, because we kept my husband's house here and just moved right back in. :)
Container is scheduled to arrived beginning of August. WHOOHOO!! I'm here!

edit: yes, still jet lagged.....see posting time. LOL

·
Registered
66 Posts
Update: On the 12th of March, my CO contacted me to let me know she was ready to grant my visa. As I was already in Australia on a tourist visa, I went back to France and got my visa granted during my trip there (went straight to permanent resident status).

Now I am back here and need to get my driver license. Does anyone know if I have to start all over from scratch to get a license here (in Queensland) ie pass the written test and driving test; or If I can get some sort of equivalence for my US driver license and get a QLD driver license? Thanks!

Reactions: WendyB

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
So we've handed in all the police reports, which was the last thing outstanding on our application. I find myself checking my emails constantly like a mad person. Any idea how long after you've handed in their last request to hear anything back from immigration ? I think I'm going mad with anticipation.

·
Super Moderator
2,117 Posts
So we've handed in all the police reports, which was the last thing outstanding on our application. I find myself checking my emails constantly like a mad person. Any idea how long after you've handed in their last request to hear anything back from immigration ? I think I'm going mad with anticipation.
Hi
Once you have provided everything and had the medicals, then it is a waiting game. Some people never hear anything until they receive the email grant.
Washington has been a bit varied with waits of 12 months or more at one stage but recently times have improved.
Your partner being from a high risk country may push the waiting time out further as the DIBP will be reliant on the turn around time of security checks (if any) in his home country.

·
Registered
402 Posts
We are still waiting too! I'm hoping July will bring some good news :)

Reactions: Kika88

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi all
Time marches on. It's now 8 months since we filed. Took a while to get required documents for various proof aspects. Medicals done, more stat decs done, as it's been a while since the last ones. Phoned FBI processing office and was told the report will be ready soon.

All the best to those of you out there still waiting!

·
Registered
22 Posts
HI everyone, I posted this on another thread, but I think it might get more advice here.

My husband submitted his application on April 30th. Today he received an email from the Washington Embassy regarding his application and listing the documents to include, most of which we already uploaded. We have yet to do the FBI check, but will get onto that asap.

My questions are:

1) Do I as his sponsor also require an FBI check? I have lived here in New Orleans for the last 5 years.

2) it mentions for the sponsor (me) we must include: "an AFP National Police Check if the sponsor has spent a cumulative total of 12 months or more in Australia since turning 16", which I have. How do I go about this?

3) "Police certificates from each country in which the sponsor has spent a cumulative total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years". For me that is both Australia and the USA. What exactly do they mean by Police Certificates??

4) "evidence that the sponsor is a settled Australian citizen". While I am an Australian citizen, I haven't actually lived in Oz for 5 years. I am moving home in September. Will this affect the application any way?

ugh, I'm so stressed and overwhelmed! any advice will be appreciated! We've not got a CO yet, so I don't know who to ask

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Everybody

My Fiancee and I have just submitted her PMV online - 21st June (and beat the price increase!). We have attached everything we think we will need (hopefully!!) except the Medicals and Police clearance - which we were advised by DC to do a few months after applying. It was certainly a bit of a maze negotiating everything you have to pull together by way of evidence and documents and this forum has been a good help.

So I guess it is now just a waiting game - hopefully wont be too long until we can be together here in Perth.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Any approvals in June? Seems like after a flurry of activity in May there's been total silence in June. I guess they are really saving everything for the new fiscal year in July. July will be my five month mark.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Any approvals in June? Seems like after a flurry of activity in May there's been total silence in June. I guess they are really saving everything for the new fiscal year in July. July will be my five month mark.
Looks that way doesn't it!
July will be us going into our 7 month, we've already submitted everything they need though.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi Everybody

My Fiancee and I have just submitted her PMV online - 21st June (and beat the price increase!). We have attached everything we think we will need (hopefully!!) except the Medicals and Police clearance - which we were advised by DC to do a few months after applying. It was certainly a bit of a maze negotiating everything you have to pull together by way of evidence and documents and this forum has been a good help.

So I guess it is now just a waiting game - hopefully wont be too long until we can be together here in Perth.
Welcome! :)

1701 - 1720 of 3862 Posts