Australia Forum banner

1801 - 1820 of 3862 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thank you enduro, canegirl and ketchie :)
When my fiance saw the state check result he said it looked so plain lol. That's why we wondered if it needed an apostille. Thanks again everyone for the quick response! :)

Oh P.S. I just back tracked the thread and saw that all 3 of you guys got your grants! Awesome and congrats! :D Happy for you guys! :)
Yes congratulations canegirl, ketchie and enduro - great news guys!

One question you may be able to help with - were any of you required to submit form 80? and do you know if this currently a standard requirement through DC?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes congratulations canegirl, ketchie and enduro - great news guys! One question you may be able to help with - were any of you required to submit form 80? and do you know if this currently a standard requirement through DC?
What is form 80?

Reactions: pandk213

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,805 ·
I submitted Form 80 at my agent's behest to prevent potential delays. I wasn't asked for it, though, and I haven't heard of anyone from the US needing it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just got the grant e-mail less than an hour ago !!!!!

Feeling so blessed ..

309 Application date: January 16, 2015 (Online)

1 contact about the "soon to be allocated e-mail" on April 30, 2015

And Grant date: July 13, 2015

Took 5 months and 27 days .
Congratulations! That's great! Interesting to hear you didn't get much contact and it went through so fast. We applied in May. Still a wait ahead.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So this is weird. We just got my husband's report back from the FBI. We used a channeler. Now he just has to do his NYS background check.

I just happened to stumble upon a page on the Australian Washington embassy website. It is thue infosheet for partner visas.

It says -

"Please note that you will need to provide both a U.S. State penal clearance from the state in which you currently reside AND an FBI police report. Police checks from channelers for FBI police checks are NOT acceptable for Australian immigration purposes."

There is so much misinformation between the department and the embassy and what is actual practice.... we'll see what happens I guess but can't they just have one document and stick to it?! LOL
Thanks for the information. I didn't know we needed a State Police check. We already got the FBI checks (through a channeler, lol). We'll get right on it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's great enduo8! Congratulations! I haven't been on the thread for a while so it's exciting to get back on and see all these happy stories! Congratulations!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok so we are in the situation where we are now waiting.

Just for some background -

Me - Born in Australia. Won the US Green Card lottery, moved to the United States in 2008, got married in 2010, became a US Citizen in 2013.

Husband - Born in the United States. Have now started the process for his Partner visa so we can move to Australia.

29th June 2015 - Application submitted online - got in before the price rise.. WOOHOO!

13th July 2015 - FBI clearance received (took 4 business days)

24th July 2015 - New York State Police clearance received (took 8 business days)

24th July 2015 - Medical check completed

Our dream would be to be able to leave the country on May 1, 2016. That is all we are hoping for... bring it on!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome Lorelei! I hope you are granted by the time you want to leave!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just logged onto our Immi Account and on the "add documents/ view application" page was surprised to see that it now says "Processing" against Applicant and Sponsor.

It's only been just over a month since we applied, so based on what I have read on this forum a bit quicker than we were expecting.

Is this what others have experienced or are experiencing .....and in similar timeframes?

Exciting to see a change anyway!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just logged onto our Immi Account and on the "add documents/ view application" page was surprised to see that it now says "Processing" against Applicant and Sponsor. It's only been just over a month since we applied, so based on what I have read on this forum a bit quicker than we were expecting. Is this what others have experienced or are experiencing .....and in similar timeframes? Exciting to see a change anyway!!!
Just logged into my account and I'm seeing the same, I never paid it too much attention before my overall application status still states that it was received. Wonder if it always says processing once you complete the application. I applied 1 month ago to the day.

·
Registered
127 Posts
9 months since applying for 309, my husband has submitted what I can only hope, will be the last document needed before a final decision is made! We filed prior to having everything ready, so it's been a long road - 1.5 years married and nearly 3 years apart. Now for the nail biting - lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just logged into my account and I'm seeing the same, I never paid it too much attention before my overall application status still states that it was received. Wonder if it always says processing once you complete the application. I applied 1 month ago to the day.
It has definately changed since we logged in last week when my fiancee did the health questionnaire and got her HAP ID and medical referal letter. But maybe this was the trigger?

Like yours our overall application status is still 'recieved' - so maybe you are right and it always says 'processing' once you complete the application.

Anybody else had any experience with this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
9 months since applying for 309, my husband has submitted what I can only hope, will be the last document needed before a final decision is made! We filed prior to having everything ready, so it's been a long road - 1.5 years married and nearly 3 years apart. Now for the nail biting - lol
Good luck Gemini64 and hope you get good news soon:) - that is a long time!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hoping it will be soon for you!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hadn't paid any attention to it either. We have the same, but I don't know when it changed. Overall it says "application received". But we did get an email notification that our application "will soon be allocated for assessment" yesterday! I have no idea what "soon" means, lol, but we were overjoyed to get the email. We lodged our application just over 12 weeks ago. It seems to be going quickly.
And just a word of advice ...make sure you have at least 2 email addresses for them to send letters too. For some reason it never showed up in my partners email, and he is the applicant. We checked the spam folders, trash, everything. Then we double checked the Immi-account to be sure his email had been entered correctly, which it was. He is not getting the correspondence, but at least I am.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hadn't paid any attention to it either. We have the same, but I don't know when it changed. Overall it says "application received". But we did get an email notification that our application "will soon be allocated for assessment" yesterday! I have no idea what "soon" means, lol, but we were overjoyed to get the email. We lodged our application just over 12 weeks ago. It seems to be going quickly.
And just a word of advice ...make sure you have at least 2 email addresses for them to send letters too. For some reason it never showed up in my partners email, and he is the applicant. We checked the spam folders, trash, everything. Then we double checked the Immi-account to be sure his email had been entered correctly, which it was. He is not getting the correspondence, but at least I am.
Thanks for the heads up on the email MaineSkip.

I am sure we just set up email for my partner as the Applicant. Is there an easy way that you can add another email address after you have applied?
Also I am assuming you can view all the Correspondence via the Immi- account?

You must be excited with the "soon allocated for assessment" email! Good luck and you will have to keep us all updated once you know what "soon" means.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Surely it has to be soon Gemini! Fingers still crossed here for you! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the email MaineSkip.

I am sure we just set up email for my partner as the Applicant. Is there an easy way that you can add another email address after you have applied?
Also I am assuming you can view all the Correspondence via the Immi- account?

You must be excited with the "soon allocated for assessment" email! Good luck and you will have to keep us all updated once you know what "soon" means.
Good idea...
I hadn't thought of that, so I just logged on to check to see on the "view correspondence" tab....nothing...that's a bit unnerving. I did see that you can add/withdraw authorized recipient. It might be worth doing. Both our emails are gmail accounts, I don't know why he is not getting the emails and I am.
Every time I log into his Immi account on the iPad he gets an email notification about that. I just tried "updating email address" to see if, within the application itself there may have been a issue.

1801 - 1820 of 3862 Posts