Australia Forum banner
1941 - 1960 of 3867 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks so much I just needed someone else to tell me there wasn't one in AL lol no problem Georgia isn't far from us:) do I just call and tell then I need medical check for aus visa?
You need to get your referal letter and HAP ID from the "Get Health Details" button in your immi account.

After you first press the button you are asked to fill in a health questionaire and once you complete that the HAP ID and referal letter are generated.

The medical centre then uses the HAP ID to communicate results directly back to the department ( provided they are set up with eMedical) and you will need this when you make your appointment.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I received my original state police and FBI reports back from the D.C. embassy today. I'm assuming that it's standard operating procedure to mail them back, but I was wondering if anyone knew if that signified anything as far as where the visa was in the process at this point.
I'm not sure with regards to paper applications but when we were approved the police and medical checks are all we had to provide for extra information and then our visa was approved. Although we did have to wait as this was in June, but we were approved at the beginning of July.

I would dare say you could be close to having your visa approved, how much longer is anyone's guess though. It could be a few weeks or it could be another month. When did you apply?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I received an email from Irene - she requested a state police check I forgot to get! I just did the FBI check. Does this mean she is my case officer? She said she will be accessing my application and I have 28 days to reply.
Apparently there isn't a specific assigned CO, as they all can look at your application now, not just one CO.

Just make sure you reply straight away and say that you will apply for you state check and upload it to your application as soon as you receive it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not sure with regards to paper applications but when we were approved the police and medical checks are all we had to provide for extra information and then our visa was approved. Although we did have to wait as this was in June, but we were approved at the beginning of July.

I would dare say you could be close to having your visa approved, how much longer is anyone's guess though. It could be a few weeks or it could be another month. When did you apply?
My application was entered online on June 23. But they requested the original police checks even though my agent emailed them the scanned copies that I had forwarded to them. I figured they probably just looked at the police checks, saw they were ok, and mailed them back.

Maybe it has something to do with the status of the application and maybe not. Was just wondering what others experience with this timing.

·
Registered
399 Posts
My application was entered online on June 23. But they requested the original police checks even though my agent emailed them the scanned copies that I had forwarded to them. I figured they probably just looked at the police checks, saw they were ok, and mailed them back. Maybe it has something to do with the status of the application and maybe not. Was just wondering what others experience with this timing.
Oh, that's a little odd that they asked for the originals to be sent to them when you applied online. Do you know if your agent has uploaded them to your applications?

Most grants I've seen are happening at about 6 months for the U.S. so I would say you would be very close. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh, that's a little odd that they asked for the originals to be sent to them when you applied online. Do you know if your agent has uploaded them to your applications?

Most grants I've seen are happening at about 6 months for the U.S. so I would say you would be very close. :)
My agent told me that they wanted the originals so it was no big deal mailing them to D.C. I had already scanned them and forwarded them to the agent who in turn forwarded them to D.C.

Are you saying that usually they don't ask for the originals? The agent told me that the police checks were the only documents where they wanted to see the originals.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Apparently there isn't a specific assigned CO, as they all can look at your application now, not just one CO. Just make sure you reply straight away and say that you will apply for you state check and upload it to your application as soon as you receive it.
thanks! Is a police check just a background check? What is the quickest way to get it?

·
Registered
399 Posts
My agent told me that they wanted the originals so it was no big deal mailing them to D.C. I had already scanned them and forwarded them to the agent who in turn forwarded them to D.C. Are you saying that usually they don't ask for the originals? The agent told me that the police checks were the only documents where they wanted to see the originals.
We just uploaded my fiancé FBI check online, never had to send in the originals.

·
Registered
399 Posts
thanks! Is a police check just a background check? What is the quickest way to get it?
Yes, it's just a state background check. My fiancé just filed an application in online, paid and then he received his background check within two weeks. We just googled and found the application, sorry I'm not much help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Okily dokes - update from us!

We just got an email from Irene to ask my husband for to do his medical check. As noted earlier, we risked it and did ours earlier, so we just wrote back to say we had already done it. Logged in and clicked on 'My Health Details' and it says -

"Health requirement – health clearance provided – no action required
All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have
been finalised. Once this person lodges a visa application, additional
health examinations may be requested where circumstances have changed
or additional information is provided to the case officer."

So I guess we are in the home straight...?!?! Eeeekkk!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, it's just a state background check. My fiancé just filed an application in online, paid and then he received his background check within two weeks. We just googled and found the application, sorry I'm not much help!
Do you know what website? Looks like Texas makes it where you have to go into a location and get fingerprinted again for state check.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Do you know what website? Looks like Texas makes it where you have to go into a location and get fingerprinted again for state check.
I don't remember sorry and he lives in Florida.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This thread has been very quiet so I thought I would wake it up with a question.

Why does immigration require that the applicant leave the country so that a visa can be finalized? The only thing I could come up with is so that in case the visa application is not approved, they don't have to go hunt down that dejected applicant to boot them out. Is there a better explanation?

·
Registered
22 Posts
We got approved!!

Happy Melbourne Cup Day!!

Woke up to this lovely message from my husband this morning!:

"You have been granted a permanent visa which allows you to travel to and remain in Australia indefinitely." :):):)

He almost called me at 3am when he got the notice, but after being married for 5 years, he knew the perils in that.

We applied April 30th, so just over 6 months to approval :)

He got 2 emails, one saying the "partner provisional" visa has been granted, and then another saying "partner visa subclass 100" has been granted.

does this mean he doesn't have to wait for the 2 year decision? (sorry still half asleep here!)

Yay!

·
Super Moderator
2,099 Posts
This thread has been very quiet so I thought I would wake it up with a question.

Why does immigration require that the applicant leave the country so that a visa can be finalized? The only thing I could come up with is so that in case the visa application is not approved, they don't have to go hunt down that dejected applicant to boot them out. Is there a better explanation?
Its to do with the class of visa applied for,some class of visas are only available to applicants residing outside Australia. I presume the visa you are referring to is some sort of partner or PMV.

1941 - 1960 of 3867 Posts