Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Somehow i am unable to find a post regarding pmv or spouse visa applied in 2018 and what are their current status, specially if anyone has applied their application from Pakistan- Australian High Commission Islamabad...I haven't heard anything from them and it's 8 month now, the status of my application is still the same... feeling frustrated馃槥

Registered
Hi MZU,
The processing time for partner visa can take between 20-25 months for 820 visa and usually unless the officer needs something there is a long waiting time.
I applied for 820 visa clients from Pakistan in August 2017 and their visa was not granted yet.
All the best,
Moran
Registered Migration Agent
MARN 1795282

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi MZU,
The processing time for partner visa can take between 20-25 months for 820 visa and usually unless the officer needs something there is a long waiting time.
I applied for 820 visa clients from Pakistan in August 2017 and their visa was not granted yet.
All the best,
Moran
Registered Migration Agent
MARN 1795282
Hi Moran,
Thank you for your reply. Yes partner Visa takes a longer time, I have applied for PMV in FEB 2018 and processing time for 75% of applications is 13 months. My application status is still the same "initial assessment" since 8 months.I am expecting them to ask for further documents as my Police clearance has been expired and i have to provide them again. I am worried that nobody has seen my application till date :(

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all
I was just wondering that if I don't press that tab which say " I confirm that i have provided all the information requested", will it effect my processing time?
And if i press that, I would be allowed to upload more attachments?

Registered
Hi all
I was just wondering that if I don't press that tab which say " I confirm that i have provided all the information requested", will it effect my processing time?
And if i press that, I would be allowed to upload more attachments?
I'm assuming they asked for further information?

Yes, you can click on that and still be allowed to upload/attach more evidence/documents after.
Just keep in mind, once you click that, it means you have provided what they asked for and the application is ready for review. If you don't have everything they asked for, it may delay the application as they will have to ask for more info and the button resets.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm assuming they asked for further information?

Yes, you can click on that and still be allowed to upload/attach more evidence/documents after.
Just keep in mind, once you click that, it means you have provided what they asked for and the application is ready for review. If you don't have everything they asked for, it may delay the application as they will have to ask for more info and the button resets.
Thanx konji for the reply... basically i have uploaded all the documents required plus all the evidence that i have, except for my medical.. and i have to provide them with police clearance again as it has been expired. Getting clearance from pakistan is not an issue, but i hd spent 6 years in sharjah uae.. and i got police clearance from sharjah valid for 3 mnths only... so i fnt want to spend money again to get clearance from uae and if my application is not processed in 3 mnths, again it will expire... i m really confused what to do 🤔

Registered
Thanx konji for the reply... basically i have uploaded all the documents required plus all the evidence that i have, except for my medical.. and i have to provide them with police clearance again as it has been expired. Getting clearance from pakistan is not an issue, but i hd spent 6 years in sharjah uae.. and i got police clearance from sharjah valid for 3 mnths only... so i fnt want to spend money again to get clearance from uae and if my application is not processed in 3 mnths, again it will expire... i m really confused what to do 🤔
How long is the processing time for the clearance from UAE??
You can wait for the CO to request it before trying to get it again. Most people do.

Registered
one hour to a couple of days
Then I'd say wait for CO to request an updated one. Since you got one in there, they'll just ask for an updated one. I think immigration understands getting Police Clearance takes time.

Just to give you an idea, my Partner's Police Clearance (Japan) took over a month to obtain, and has a validity of 12months. So I timed to obtain it 4months into the application.
For my Police Clearance (Aus), I forgot that I needed one, and the CO had to ask for it (about 7months into the application). Got it 2 weeks after and attached it.

No point in getting one now for it to expire again.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Then I'd say wait for CO to request an updated one. Since you got one in there, they'll just ask for an updated one. I think immigration understands getting Police Clearance takes time.

Just to give you an idea, my Partner's Police Clearance (Japan) took over a month to obtain, and has a validity of 12months. So I timed to obtain it 4months into the application.
For my Police Clearance (Aus), I forgot that I needed one, and the CO had to ask for it (about 7months into the application). Got it 2 weeks after and attached it.

No point in getting one now for it to expire again.
Yes you are right... i'll wait for CO to ask for it.... But i am really worried, it's been exactly 9 months today since i lodged my application and still no contact from DIBP... feeling really really sad and frustrated 😢

Registered
From what I understand, for visa purposes the police checks have a validity of 12 months, regardless of whether in UAE they are only valid for 3 months. Each country is different, my Mexican police check is only valid for 6 months as with other official Mexican documents (birth certificates are only valid 6 months too) as per the country's policies, but for Australian visa purposes the government takes it for a 12 month validity. So don't worry about your police check, its still valid.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is the case for police clearance no matter the country its issued from.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It seems like things have gone into a mute zone from Pakistan....any updates anyone regarding the applications applied from Pakistan-Australian high commission Islamabad

Registered
hi i m new here.. not know how to deal the page but i have question, i had marraige in malaysia amd my husband came there but we didnt have walima funtion, can it effect the decision??

Registered
hi i m new here.. not know how to deal the page but i have question, i had marraige in malaysia amd my husband came there but we didnt have walima funtion, can it effect the decision??
We are a predominantly UK/European and English speaking nation with a Westminster system of Government and Christianity values in the background. As long as your marriage certificate is issued by a "competent authority" as defined in the Australian Marriage Act then that is sufficient.

The Marriage Act 1961 states that an original or certified copy of a marriage certificate or record of marriage that is issued by the competent authority in a foreign country is proof of that overseas marriage and of the validity of the marriage. A competent authority is one that is set out in the Marriage Regulations 1963 or any other authority that is competent under the law of the country where the marriage took place.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dear Filza, really sorry for the late reply.... I don't think so valima is sn issue... all you need to do is to provide all certificates and documentary evidence that you are married.. and your relationship is still going.... relax and focus on evidence that you can provide to strengthen your application. You have already submitted your application? Which subclass and fron where?
Good luck

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.